Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:48 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times

Advertisements

Huh.

What will they think of next.

I'm curious and kind of want to test the app now. See what it would make of my face. Since I practically never wear makeup at all. I like my face better without it.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northnomad View Post
Making her feel comfortable by being positive and light hearted of course! Comfortable to be talking with me and being honest with each other.

Oh, and I love to see a girl wearing (tasteful) makeup. I also like to see her authentic natural self. No deception involved.
Of course you do!

Not deception on your part. It implies that you think SHE is being deceptive by wearing make-up, which is super ironic considering this:

Quote:
If they were uncomfortable enough to not give me one, I'd next them, probably. Shows they don't trust me much.
You may not mean it that way, but the way you've described it here comes off as basically blackmail now. "Either show me a photo of you without makeup [a rude request], or I will know that you're uncomfortable, insecure and distrustful."

Old 11-16-2017, 01:02 PM

658 posts, read 360,139 times
Yeah, never comes across that way in actual conversations. I prefer to meet up in real life when a certain level of mutual trust is achieved; it is useful because I have found that if someone is not going to be that comfortable with you at all online, they are more likely to flake anyway, and you're wasting your time. Same thing goes with girls who refuse to online date before a meeting they were all interested in.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:07 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambouchier View Post
There's an app that was recently created which allows you to edit a photo to remove all make up. It's still in the early stages but apparently it's very accurate.

Let's say you've been chatting with someone on a dating site, would you want to run their photo through such an app in order to see what they look like without make up before meeting them?
No
Doesn't seek like a productive use of my time or the electricity I pay for to charge my phone/tablet/whatever.

I do think wearing makeup is dumb

Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, never comes across that way in actual conversations. I prefer to meet up in real life when a certain level of mutual trust is achieved; it is useful because I have found that if someone is not going to be that comfortable with you at all online, they rarely ever will be, and you're wasting your time. Same thing goes with girls who refuse to online date before a meeting they were all interested in.
The question itself, no matter how charmingly you phrase it, ALWAYS comes off that way. Of course nice girls acquiesce and give you the photo because they don't want you to think they have something to hide, etc. so early in "the process."

But ... you think it's working, soooo .

Old 11-16-2017, 01:09 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
Perhaps next the developers can launch an app that takes a photo of a (dressed) man's crotch and analyzes what he's REALLY packing in there. You know, just to cut to the chase. I don't want to be disappointed later. I'm sure there would be benefits to men, too.
I would install that app and use it on myself to make sock adjustments, lmao

Again, its a sexist app, probably invented by men on Red Pill or MGTOW.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM

658 posts, read 360,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The question itself, no matter how charmingly you phrase it, ALWAYS comes off that way. Of course nice girls acquiesce and give you the photo because they don't want you to think they have something to hide, etc. so early in "the process."

But ... you think it's working, soooo .
Well, if you think so. But I had those conversations (and sometimes the question ain't necessary!), and I don't talk about seeing photos like that in the first few chats usually!

You seem to think I start talking to someone and am like "I'd love to see you without makeup, if not, then your wasting my time, and we won't meet". I will usually look for other signs that the person isn't comfortable with me before I skip them.

I'm going to do what works. If it means more trust is being built, then good.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Well, if you think so. But I had those conversations (and sometimes the question ain't necessary!), and I don't talk about seeing photos like that in the first few chats usually!

You seem to think I start talking to someone and am like "I'd love to see you without makeup, if not, then your wasting my time, and we won't meet". If will usually look for other signs that the person isn't comfortable with me before I skip them.

I'm going to do what works. If it means more trust is being built, then good.
That's good to know.

The timing isn't the problem, really.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:26 PM

6,454 posts, read 9,820,589 times
Some girls are prettier in my eyes with no makeup but I wouldn't ask for a picture with no makeup before meeting.

One example for me is Snooki. I don't think she is pretty at all with her makeup. I saw the one pic that was on social media without makeup and she was really pretty.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:30 PM

21 posts, read 20,923 times
Regardless of what anybody says, nearly everybody would be interested to see what a woman without make up looks like, and don't you deny it.

As a gay man I have a lot of what we call *** hags and trust me, they'd all want to know lol. Here's a tip guys, if you really want to know what women think, ask a gay man. Don't be afraid, we won't bite, but we have all kinds of inside knowledge and we'll sure educate you believe you me.

But anyway I mentioned earlier that this app could have benefits for women and someone asked me what those could be. Well, like I said, think about it. Do you want to waste your time with someone who is incompatible with you? Of course not. If a guy doesn't like how you look without make up and it's a big deal for him, do you really want to waste your time? Wouldn't you prefer to use that time spending it with someone who likes how you look naturally or doesn't care? This app will save you a lot of time. But it may also knock your self esteem a bit, but never mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships