Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 09:44 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I doubt this is a real post. No one nowadays is so stupid anymore.
Yeah, where are those perennial gold-digger paranoiacs when you need them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 10:59 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Here what you do OP. Stop spend money on her. Eventually she'll break up with you and you will be free from that leech. Until then though, save your money and enjoy the great sex while it lasts.
But... she is young and cute and sex is great.....

Old 01-10-2018, 11:15 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
you gave expecting to receive (nobody can blame someone for this) however, you learned who she really was in the process and by way who she views you as to herself.

Welcome to dating.

Take this moment to learn something about yourself and how you relate to others you have interests in.

Stop giving people the things hey want just because they want them and establish some boundaries for yourself in giving to people to help assist in not letting things go too far too quickly in this way.

If you want a relationship built on mutual respects you have to be willing to follow a structure that befits one of that.

Otherwise this is going to be the gamble you play with ever single potential lover you involve yourself with.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:40 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassnon View Post
For starters, I am 44 and my girlfriend is 25. And have been together for 10 months. We met online and at first everything was great, we did fun activities together, had great conversations, had great chemistry, etc etc. She moved in with me and things were fine... At first.

I have helped her with some things, some of which many may consider excessive. For example, her car was having some bad engine trouble so I bought her a new car, she didn't have much so I have bought her some clothes, jewelry, etc. I have also helped pay her tuition as she is trying to get a veterinary degree and since she had a crappy phone that was bad and constantly had problems, I bought her the new iPhone X. She always seemed appreciative of it all. But three weeks ago she got fired from her wal mart job, for not coming in and had used all her sick days.

She has said she has been looking but I haven't seen her go to any interviews or anything like that and she keeps telling me that she is still looking. Meanwhile she spends most of her time on her phone, talking with friends, watching youtube/Netflix etc.

When I ask her how her job hunt is going she gets defensive. Yet she has asked me to buy her new clothes and such. We still do things together, including sex which is pretty good I wont lie, I still feel as if she is taking advantage of me.
Take away her car till she gets a new job, since you’re obviously her parent.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:48 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
Sounds like you were a willing participant. But if you don't like it, cut her off and kick her out. Problem solved

Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 PM

136 posts, read 98,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Here what you do OP. Stop spend money on her. Eventually she'll break up with you and you will be free from that leech. Until then though, save your money and enjoy the great sex while it lasts.
Exactly this!!!

Old 01-10-2018, 01:54 PM

12,775 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
You bought her a car? Come on, man. And people gave me a hard time for paying off the balance of my fiancée’s car after we had been together for 3 years....

Why don’t you just let people date people of the age they want to? Why is this always a cause of controversy on here? Guy wants to date a younger woman, who cares? Woman wants to date a younger man, who cares?
As long as neither partner has no ulterior motives & it's all legit & honest, then fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
My impression is troll or scam, because veterinary school is an extremely challenging endeavor.

If the tuition payment was made to her and not the school, scam.

If not, I'm reluctant to believe this whole thing is for real.

A legit vet school student isn't going to be fooling around on her phone all day.

Wal-mart? Again, a legit vet student, if they have time for a job, is most likely to have found one working with animals. It takes hundreds of hours of working with animals just to get into a decent vet school. It's harder to get into vet school than medical school.

Now... maybe he meant she's trying to get a vet tech associates degree or something? Otherwise, I'm calling BS - on one of them.
I was also thinking the same. For someone supposedly going to vet school, she doesn't seem like the disciplined type to me the way she didn't value her job & got fired, yaks w/ friends, etc. She's prob not even in school. That's what she tells you. And her lease prob wasn't even up.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:04 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
As long as neither partner has no ulterior motives & it's all legit & honest, then fine.

I was also thinking the same. For someone supposedly going to vet school, she doesn't seem like the disciplined type to me the way she didn't value her job & got fired, yaks w/ friends, etc. She's prob not even in school. That's what she tells you. And her lease prob wasn't even up.
I was also thinking Vet Tech as well, lol. Definitely takes a certain type as it's hard to get into those schools. But there are plenty of Vet Tech programs around and generally doesn't take that long to complete.

OP, girlfriend is definitely using you, but you're not being taken advantage of... You freely give her these things and it benefited you as well. You're just now realizing the true cost of your actions. If you don't like it, change it. Which means you'll likely lose the GF. I think most people would be fine with that outcome, would you?

Old 01-10-2018, 02:14 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Of course you’re being used just like you’re using a 25year old for sex. Quid pro quo.
THIS.

Why didn't she look for a 34yo man? Other than being young and good sex whatelse can you say about her?

Old 01-10-2018, 02:18 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
People never seem to 'get' that you need to have a long term relationship with your socioeconomic equal. If you're buying cars, iPhones, and otherwise providing the primary financial support to an ex-Walmart employee who is 20 years younger, you're doing it wrong. In your mid-40's, you want a relationship with someone who maxes out their 401(k) and has a big chunk of home equity, not a house pet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships