Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 12:50 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ Yep, I think that's just as bad too. I personally think BOTH genders should date around their similar age. From the older woman's perspective, she probably thinks..."men have been dating younger women for yrs, so why can't I?" OR "a young guy makes me feel young & sexy again." Eh. Obviously, she doesn't have the self esteem to not do that.

And why a young guy would want an old woman, I'll never understand it...unless he's looking for a sugar mama who'll take care of him.
Because people like what they like. I prefer dating around my age range, but I know others that don't. Nothing wrong with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 09:12 AM

971 posts, read 689,366 times
If you bought her all those things without being asked, i am not sure you are being used. If she lost her job cause she was legit sick, not her fault, but if because she just didnt feel like working and called off, that is different.

She is 25. What would you expect her to do all day if she is home alone and bored? How do you know she isn't looking for a job? Job hunting is all done on the internet now, uou don't leave the house except to go on interviews. It is possible she actually cares for you. A guy can usually tell if it's genuine.

Mine was 23 and i was 52 and i did not feel used at all. She used to actually get mad when i did things to help her financially but always appreciated it. Every situatuon is different.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:44 AM

971 posts, read 689,366 times
Quote:
You'll talk to her like you say & she'll just tell you what you want to hear, flash some leg or whatever & you'll be putty in her hands again.

Another thing about couples w/ HUGE age gaps, whether it's the old man/young woman & vice versa, they'll never be each other's equal financially (usually) unless the young partner's kind of rich already because it takes yrs to build up in a career & start making better money. So the average 21/22 yo fresh out of college isn't making $80K+/yr right off the bat.

Oh & OP, you probably got her a pretty nice car, I'm guessing, right? Like a Mercedes, BMW or on that similar level? I doubt you got her like a Hyundai. I hope that car's in YOUR name & NOT hers. If she had "a little engine trouble", I don't know why you couldn't just pay to have it fixed if you wanted to help her out. Even my fiance' says she prob purposefully messed up her own car & may like it's totally undrivable.
Gonna disagree with this statement. My 23yo was a RN at the local hospital and made almost 100k with OT. Maybe an exception, but was def not in it for the money.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:52 AM

777 posts, read 452,614 times
I find it curious that the OP never addressed what kind of veterinary training the GF is allegedly pursuing, and whether he paid funds directly to the institution or to her.

If the day to day routine does not suggest she is regularly attending classes, but he gave HER money for "tuition"... I'd say he's being scammed and the only education the money is buying is for him, if he learns his lesson.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:09 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
What are you getting in retrun?

Old 01-11-2018, 10:17 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
She really doesn't sound at all like she has the drive to be a veterinarian and those programs don't allow a lot of spare time for employment...maybe she's training to be a tech? BIG difference...and it sounds like she may not even be going to classes - are you sure she's not a teenager because she's acting like one - with your help.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:25 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
I find it curious that the OP never addressed what kind of veterinary training the GF is allegedly pursuing, and whether he paid funds directly to the institution or to her.

If the day to day routine does not suggest she is regularly attending classes, but he gave HER money for "tuition"... I'd say he's being scammed and the only education the money is buying is for him, if he learns his lesson.
I seem to recall several posts in here in which people were in their first year of medical school or law school and yet still holding down retail jobs.....very odd indeed.

Methinks some people should do more research before they post certain tales.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:33 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Good grief, OP. cut it off. you're just a meal ticket.

You're right, men date younger for a variety of reasons. I've had my share of relationships with older guys. At 22, I had a "relationship" with a 49 year old Cajun. However, it was mostly sexual in nature, more like f-buddies in a way, and based on mutual lust and living life. We'd eat, screw, hang out, drink, etc. It was fun while it was lasted, and I made sure that he wasn't buying me. I always kept that distance. I don't think I'd see myself long term at that age with a guy 40+ years old. not because I was young and flighty, because I wasn't. I owned my own condo and had a good job. a gap of 20 years was significant and things I did enjoy the other person had not a clue.

You probably like this girl, but I really don't see much of a future. Sorry

Old 01-11-2018, 10:51 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassnon View Post
Thanks for not raking me over the coals like most others seem to be doing. Look, I fully admit I messed up. I will also say I got out of a bad divorce a little over two years ago. That hasn't helped things. But we do talk and I will talk to her and see how she feels. As for buying her newer stuff, I guess I just wanted her to have the best and treat her well.

And I think that's being a nice guy. There's nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:53 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
You'll talk to her like you say & she'll just tell you what you want to hear, flash some leg or whatever & you'll be putty in her hands again.

Another thing about couples w/ HUGE age gaps, whether it's the old man/young woman & vice versa, they'll never be each other's equal financially (usually) unless the young partner's kind of rich already because it takes yrs to build up in a career & start making better money. So the average 21/22 yo fresh out of college isn't making $80K+/yr right off the bat.

Oh & OP, you probably got her a pretty nice car, I'm guessing, right? Like a Mercedes, BMW or on that similar level? I doubt you got her like a Hyundai. I hope that car's in YOUR name & NOT hers. If she had "a little engine trouble", I don't know why you couldn't just pay to have it fixed if you wanted to help her out. Even my fiance' says she prob purposefully messed up her own car & may like it's totally undrivable.

Geez...what's all this bitterness about? You sound jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships