Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2018, 07:08 PM

48 posts, read 29,355 times

Advertisements

A man takes a woman to a place where he can afford any dish on the menu. Do not select a place that expensive again. She has every right to eat an expensive meal if you took her there. And if a man was freaked out by that I would not want to see him again.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:57 PM

639 posts, read 376,839 times
OP is still not back, and think it's safe to conclude this is a one post wonder.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:29 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison1207 View Post
A man takes a woman to a place where he can afford any dish on the menu. Do not select a place that expensive again. She has every right to eat an expensive meal if you took her there. And if a man was freaked out by that I would not want to see him again.
You've made a l9t of strong statements here, but didn't support any of them with any reasoning - so, they aren't strong at all

Old 02-22-2018, 09:52 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,115,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison1207 View Post
"I will take one of every dessert on the menu.. To go please..."

Old 02-23-2018, 06:33 AM

898 posts, read 598,711 times
After skipping from page 3 to LAST, he took her to a "first dinner" together on Valentine's Day. Sounds like they've probably had a few casual dates prior. Who brings a first date out on Valentine's? Most restaurants have Valentine's specials and some of them can get pricey. I bet that she's not a gold digger, but since he was taking her out on such a special night, the full menu was an option. And he said that he ordered first. The guy should always order last.

Maybe they should have gone to the sushi restaurant and ordered the "Love Boat" platter and saki. $50-60 for the two of them, plus the saki.

I've heard of some unscrupulous women who "play" the dating websites, setting up 3-4 "dinner dates" per week with different guys, ordering an appetizer that she doesn't eat but takes it home, and sticking the poor sap with the check. When I was playing the dating site game (engaged now, to a wonderful woman who I did meet on a dating site, so it can happen fellas), first meeting was meeting for coffee at Fivebucks. Ratchet it up on subsequent dates if you have a connection. But that first $100 plus dinner shouldn't be until it's serious, or her birthday or something.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:49 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,622,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
After skipping from page 3 to LAST, he took her to a "first dinner" together on Valentine's Day. Sounds like they've probably had a few casual dates prior. Who brings a first date out on Valentine's? Most restaurants have Valentine's specials and some of them can get pricey. I bet that she's not a gold digger, but since he was taking her out on such a special night, the full menu was an option. And he said that he ordered first. The guy should always order last.

Maybe they should have gone to the sushi restaurant and ordered the "Love Boat" platter and saki. $50-60 for the two of them, plus the saki.

I've heard of some unscrupulous women who "play" the dating websites, setting up 3-4 "dinner dates" per week with different guys, ordering an appetizer that she doesn't eat but takes it home, and sticking the poor sap with the check. When I was playing the dating site game (engaged now, to a wonderful woman who I did meet on a dating site, so it can happen fellas), first meeting was meeting for coffee at Fivebucks. Ratchet it up on subsequent dates if you have a connection. But that first $100 plus dinner shouldn't be until it's serious, or her birthday or something.
I find this hard to believe. Are these women homeless? Who needs free food that badly?

Old 02-23-2018, 06:50 AM

235 posts, read 148,669 times
I had a first meet on valentine's day. He reminded me that, I was like oh yeah. I don't think we even ate anything. I think we just met at the mall and chit chat. LOL. I always set up my meets at the mall coz I'm a mall rat. Most of the men I meet actually make me choose where to meet. There are a few that set up where, and the one I remember is some bar. Ugh, my husband never suggest bar when we were dating but once I was married to him we were at the bar every freaking time. LOL.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:52 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I find this hard to believe. Are these women homeless? Who needs free food that badly?

This is the type of thing fluff articles are written on, on occasion, in whatever blog or magazine, and they're almost always about some Manhattan or LA chick. There are a handful of people like this out there, it's not common or widespread. The normal guy like me won't run into these people. It's just an easy "scandalous" story to write.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:09 AM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I've heard this quite a bit. It can be a hobby for some.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:10 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,025,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I've heard this quite a bit. It can be a hobby for some.
I've heard it too...on the internet...or via "I know a friend whose sister's aunt's boss's daughter's ex-boyfriend knows who goes out 3 times a week just to get free food!" fully believable, verifiable sources.

IRL, in even a loosely connectable way (say...a friend's direct friend, whom we both actually know)?

Not one single person. Not a one.

Any woman who is starving to death and requires date-food to carry on is probably not dressed and dolled up and self-caring to the 9s in order to be able to keep "pulling" 3, 4, 5 brand-new "free meal" dates per week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.