Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 03:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueplanet123 View Post
I saw her at an event and she couldn't wait to get away from me. I texted her asking if everything was okay as she seemed to want to leave quickly. She then replied hours later with "I am go in to be honest with you, I do feel that ever since about August, things have changed and that is very upsetting to me as I feel like I am just not needed in your life anymore.'
Don't know how to reply but getting somewhere at least.
Just text her back and say something like, "I'm really sorry to hear that. I have enjoyed our friendship and while I know I haven't been the best friend lately I would like to meet so we can clear the air. Any chance you are up for [insert whatever activity y'all are used to doing ... coffee, drinks, lunch etc]?"

Don't let this fester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 03:47 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Just apologize and tell her what happened, honestly. “I started seeing someone and didn’t know how to tell you because I was afraid you would judge me. I am so sorry, you are still a dear friend to me. I handled it badly, please forgive me. Cane we talk?”

Something along those lines would be what I suggest.

Let her hear the truth and decide how she wants to react.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:48 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
I saw her at an event and she couldn't wait to get away from me. I texted her asking if everything was okay as she seemed to want to leave quickly. She then replied hours later with "I am go in to be honest with you, I do feel that ever since about August, things have changed and that is very upsetting to me as I feel like I am just not needed in your life anymore.'
Don't know how to reply but getting somewhere at least.

AS I said earlier in the thread, you need to decide whether you want to hang out with Emily again or if you have time for her with your new girlfriend. Because if you don't, don't make Emily promises you can't keep. You will just make her go thru the pain again.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:52 PM

69 posts, read 24,337 times
It's awkward. I will give it some thought but a face to face meeting would be best I think. Hard as it will be. I do feel a bit defensive but trying to get past that as it won't help.

Old 10-09-2018, 03:55 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
It's awkward. I will give it some thought but a face to face meeting would be best I think. Hard as it will be. I do feel a bit defensive but trying to get past that as it won't help.
For the most part, you are in the wrong, so you may want to put that defensiveness in your pocket and sit on it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-09-2018, 03:58 PM

69 posts, read 24,337 times
Just out of interest you say 'The most part', do you feel Emily is to blame too? I am just interested to hear the perspective

Old 10-09-2018, 04:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Just out of interest you say 'The most part', do you feel Emily is to blame too? I am just interested to hear the perspective
On what planet would Emily be in the wrong? I am seriously curious?

I know it's awkward, but the procrastinating doesn't make things LESS awkward. Ignoring texts really doesn't help either. Please acknowledge her courage to express her feelings in SOME way.

The saying goes, "Bad news does not get better over time." And apologies do not get easier to make the longer you wait to make them.

If you REALLY cared about Emily as a friend you would be doing whatever you could to set things right.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:15 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:

No.

I'm merely trying to be polite and not dog pile you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-09-2018, 05:41 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:

Please explain how you think Emily bears any of the blame. I'm really at a loss to understand this.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:40 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Ladies, he didn’t say Emily was to blame. He asked if and why someone else thought she was to blame. It was an inquiry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships