Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 04:24 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1957 View Post
He sounds revolting. Pressuring you into acts with which you weren't really OK is despicable. He used your desperate situation and naivete to manipulate you.

He never cared, this I can assure you. A man who cares would do none of what he did; rather, the opposite.
i have problems with saying no plus sometimes he gave me money to help me out :/ I wasnt honest with myself about the situation. I just don’t want everything that happened to be a lie. I hope that he cared about me a little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 04:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
I don't think you can truly have a FWB situation with someone you love. It just doesn't make sense. You love him and you're having sex, yes you are going to get attached. Just learn from this and move on. Don't talk to him again, you don't even owe him an explanation of any thing or any good bye or anything like that.
yeah like everyone said I never should have done it. Total mistakE. I was just tired of relationships and wanted to try something else. I was happy for a long time but then it all went bad fast.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle woods View Post
i have problems with saying no plus sometimes he gave me money to help me out :/
This ^^^ happened because you are vulnerable, emotionally and financially.

You are lonely, trying to start a new life, and your financial situation is fragile.

This is why you need to really FOCUS on getting yourself in a better situation. I'm not gonna waste my time typing options because many of us have given you specific ways to do that.

Now, as always, it is up to you to take charge of bettering your situation so you don't feel compelled to let guys take advantage of you like this.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:37 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Quote:
I wish I could find someone who liked me for me but I tend to date guys who pick me apart or who point out my flaws. I am a good person and everything but i have flaws like anybody. can’t get a guy to commit so I gave up
On that. I actually do like the FWB situation but this just went badly. Just sucks bc I do love him and I shared things with him

You will only find that when you require that in a guy. I think that comes, first, with you accepting yourself and valuing yourself--liking yourself. For the most part, other people can only disrespect you, if you accept that treatment from them. Don't accept it.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:39 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,575,485 times
Quote:
No so back to being someones secret... it was fine when I knew about other girls and they knew about me it was all out in the open.

i just feel like i’m not good enough and I dont get why. his reasons are stupid. I am just lonely I guess
Of course his reasons are stupid. This is his game to win and yours to lose. Because he makes the rules and you are lead to follow.

You will win when you do not accept his treatment of you. You are worth more.

When a man shows you his bad side, believe it and let him go. It is hard but you can do it. Listen to the advice here to gain support to do so.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:43 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
Loneliness is a powerful force that drives people to put up with really terrible, degrading mistreatment.

OP, I feel for you. Be your own best friend and treat yourself with kindness. Take steps today towards building a healthy social network and support system. Make new friends, it's really important for your happiness to be around positive, caring people who respect you.

You say that you "love" this guy, but I have not read anything to love about him. He sounds terrible and he has preyed on your vulnerability and loneliness. The faster that you put him, and people like him, in your past, the quicker that your life will improve. Once you begin to feel better about yourself, you will see things differently and expect better treatment from others.

All the best to you.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:28 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
Like others have said, he sounds like a truly horrible person. Put him out of your life or you'll continue to feel miserable.

You are in control here.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:36 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,600 times
Quote:
Been seeing this guy for a while. for a long time it was really good. he didn’t want a gf and the relationship was just friends w/ benefits. that was fine with me but it was also a new experience for me since i was never that type of person. he also wanted us to both see other people. i said okay. I started to like it bc it was mostly just ya hanging out and dating but no drama in the relationship.

then some stuff happened and we broke up if you can call it that. We just stopped seeing each other and he just disappeared. I was hurt but at the same time i had other stuff going on.

we are back seeing each other again but this time he has a girlfriend. it makes me eye roll so hard. He insisted that he never wanted a girlfriend, hated relationships and it wasn’t his style but now suddenly he has a girlfriend. I said okay, whatever. It felt crappy because I keep thinking, so Im not good enough to be your girlfriend but you keep calling me I guess? Its just so weird.

there were so many times he told me that he loved me and that if he were a relationship guy he would marry me in a heart beat but thats just not how he worked and all this other stuff. Then when we talked about it again this time around he says that it would never work out between us in a relationship bc of issues that I have apparently.. like this is 2018. who cares if you date someone who doesn’t have a degree but it matters to him apparently and a bunch of other things.

I’m just annoyed. I guess hurt but Annoyed mainly. Why hang out with me? Why keep calling me? He says he still loves me and wants to spend time with me, that he can’t stop thinking about me, I drive him crazy etc. but why call me if i am not good enough for you. I just don’t get it

I get so tired of guys. sorry I am just complaining I guess
This person is using you.He's NOT your friend.The fact that oh now he has a gf..what he was saying all that time was he didn't want YOU to be his gf for whatever stupid reason.Also you say now that he has a GF YET he still calls you ??Does the GF know this??Does she know his history with you??
This guy isn't respecting you and you need to step far away from this person.He wants his cake and eat it too.I know that you're hurting BUT you will continue to hurt as long as you're still his 'friend'.He is so disrespecting you and NOW you're allowing it.How rude and hurtful to tell someone that they don't want to be in a relationship YET when you turn around...oh...they're NOW in one...but it's not with you.You don't want any of that in the long run.He is also disrespecting his GF who probably knows NOTHING about his history with you nor him calling you...he's a piece of work.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:49 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
yeah it used to be special but now it just feels wrong. No connection. yes that’s part of what it is. Never should have done any of that. Ita hard to come up with reasons why not when you have already done it before.

before I felt like he cared about me. he made me feel like he did. im just depressed about all of it.

You don't need to give reasons. "No" is enough.

We are talking about access to your body.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-22-2018, 06:02 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,231,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Because hes getting sex with no strings attached. And you were giving it to him.
THIS.

OP, does this guy spend any money on you at all? Did he ever take you out anywhere or was it all sex and takeout?

To him you are an easy lay, a person he can manipulate. He's probably bragged to his friends that he found someone who he can pump whenever he wants to without spending any money.

Unfortunately you have very low self-esteem if you let this guy have his way with you. Maybe underneath you don't want a happy relationship and just want to be used. I dunno. Your actions betray your words.

STOP having sex with him and get on with your life. Leave and never look back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships