Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 04:13 AM

192 posts, read 110,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, re-read that paragraph. As many times as you need to, for the gist of it to sink in.

"He's charming and we have so much in common that we can talk for hours, and he's SO-O-O good-looking! But I found out he's an axe murderer, and has a couple of warrants out for his arrest, because HE'S A PSYCHO!"

Sociopaths, and even garden-variety narcissists, tend to be very charming at first. But they'll make you miserable by eroding your self-confidence, making you doubt your own judgment, and manipulating you into revolving around them. Eventually, they'll become emotionally abusive.

Some variation of that will be your future, if you stay with this guy.

Capiche?
Si si, capisco

Ruth4Truth, have to admit I laughed a bit when I read your comment...thank you. yes he is a PSYCHO and he is doing such a good job to hide this fact from everyone...and I will be a psycho too if I stick with him.

and...HOW COME YOU KNOW! I did not spend toooo much time on being with him but I had already felt miserable/lost my confidence/change my own judgements on certain issues/felt being controlled by him

(I even had to explain to him why I wanted to wash my hands when I was in his place)!

he told me that most of his relationships last no more than 1 or 2 years because he has such a harsh personality.

Last edited by lostlincoln; 11-04-2018 at 04:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
RUN ! As fast as you can, in the other direction !
I will try AZGarden! god I hope I had posted earlier here instead of wasting time thinking about him!

Old 11-04-2018, 04:16 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Players are the ones that will tell you what you want to here.

They act till they get what they want then the Prince Charming outfit falls off and you are like, “What?!?”

Old 11-04-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_MI View Post
You can do better than that, keep telling yourself that. A lot of red flags in your post. He sounds like a douche bag. Don't ask him for your stuff. Take control and get it back. Tell him your coming over to get your stuff, bring a trusted friend with you to be safe.
when I was with him, he had the control over everything. I was always very careful and afraid that he would get mad or something...not that he got angry that easily but when he lost his patience, he looked scary.

I will contact him later this month.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
It's funny that many of our CD-R topics get contentious at times, but now and then a topic like this one comes up and everybody agrees. I'm pretty sure this is one of those topics.

This is just plain black and white. The OP should find somebody else.

/topic
I would stop seeing guys for a while I think, I don't really trust my own judgment fo men right now...how could I be fooled by him(and still am)

Old 11-04-2018, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Not just that but the OP also needs to amend her standard ("man of my dreams") and make sure he's got a nicer (and compatible) personality to go with.
yes...like I said, this Mr.Perfect image has been existing in my head for a long time...I know I have to change that, but it is hard.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Definitely getting a sociopath vibe about him. You did a good job describing this man. He is bad news.

Many of us have been in your position. Think of it like having a cold that you have to get through, but that you WILL get through. Think some disgusting phrase when you think of him: "ugh, what a little creep", something like that. And keep thinking it when you start to think of him. It may take a couple of months, but you will get over this person, who is in fact not a good human being and not worth your time. Fraulein, you're so much better a person than this man. I can tell from the way you think. You DO deserve so much better. He's a bit of pigeon poop on the edge of your shoe. Remember that.
Thank you Hallouise, your suggestion is very good...yes, this is a bad cold. I just feel frustrated that I have spent so much time on him...I thought I was smarter than that. Now I will just picture him as an annoying bad guy with irritating habits...he is such a playboy. he is hypercritical. he doesnt change his bed sheet. he got tons of rules when it comes to wash hands or use soemthing in his place. One day I found that he did not take a shower and straight went to bed too. and...I love what you said. yeah, he is just a pigeon poop!

Old 11-04-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Players are the ones that will tell you what you want to here.

They act till they get what they want then the Prince Charming outfit falls off and you are like, “What?!?”
Yes, he always told me, "idk why but I can talk so much when I am with you. I am so curious about you. You are very cute. you're so special. I never told anyone about xxxx but I can just tell you without hesitation"...etc

I am glad that I did not sleep with him.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:31 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
You're right. You hopefully won't meet someone like this in the future. You'll meet someone better.

As good as he looked "on paper," it's an illusion. He's not who he appears to be to the outside world. He's a control freak and not kind. He sounds like a bit of a narcissist. He also apparently is willing to cheat in a relationship.

Consider yourself lucky that you realized what kind of person he is after ONLY a few months.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:10 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,271,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostlincoln View Post
when I was with him, he had the control over everything. I was always very careful and afraid that he would get mad or something...not that he got angry that easily but when he lost his patience, he looked scary.

I will contact him later this month.
No. Do NOT contact him. He sounds like my Ex and I still have nightmares about him when I'm stressed even though we divorced 21 years ago and he died 8 years ago (of alcohol abuse). If you're turning someone's inability to control his temper into YOUR problem (it's called "walking on eggshells" so you don't trigger his anger) that's a huge red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships