Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Not all good men are taken, but maybe they're not looking to be in a serious relationship or be married. Or maybe they just don't care.
One of the things that makes men good is that they have hobbies and interests. Instead of dedicating their interests to dating they do other things, making them harder to find in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 05:07 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
One of the things that makes men good is that they have hobbies and interests. Instead of dedicating their interests to dating they do other things, making them harder to find in the first place.
Agreed. I always get a kick out of women who like to go "clubbing" or the club scene hopefully to score a man. They'll join dating sites and what have you. Seriously? "Where are all the good men"? Well, they sure aren't there. You won't find them in circles of women friends either. They're with their buddies in a man on man "have fun" place. Hell, every man there is single. The gals don't look very hard.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Agreed. I always get a kick out of women who like to go "clubbing" or the club scene hopefully to score a man. They'll join dating sites and what have you. Seriously? "Where are all the good men"? Well, they sure aren't there. You won't find them in circles of women friends either. They're with their buddies in a man on man "have fun" place. Hell, every man there is single. The gals don't look very hard.
Maybe when you're in your early 20s... But I hang out with mostly men and have 'mostly male' hobbies. Those guys are snatched up very quickly and married off by the time you hit my age. They have their 'cute trophy wives' at home, then they have me, the friend, to go camping and 4 wheeling with. Best of both worlds I suppose.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:28 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
I remember reading an article that said the good men are taken and actually went into specific detail. Still looking for it.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe when you're in your early 20s... But I hang out with mostly men and have 'mostly male' hobbies. Those guys are snatched up very quickly and married off by the time you hit my age. They have their 'cute trophy wives' at home, then they have me, the friend, to go camping and 4 wheeling with. Best of both worlds I suppose.
Early 20's? Most of these guys average 27-50. With most 30-40. The local gun shop is full of them. Head to the bait shop. They have a $45,000 truck and a bass boat. No woman in sight.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Early 20's? Most of these guys average 27-50. With most 30-40. The local gun shop is full of them. Head to the bait shop. They have a $45,000 truck and a bass boat. No woman in sight.
Been there, done that. Got my CC last summer and go hunting with friends often. Same with fishing, I take my dads boat out a few times every summer and have yet to meet anyone. The guys I do meet have girlfriends or are married. The ones who are single tend to be too 'macho' and stuck up. I can't stand chest puffing and they don't like my 'attitude'.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:32 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Well there is your answer then. Find interesting men in their 20's with hobbies. Snatch one of them quickly before someone else does.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:33 PM

296 posts, read 571,724 times
What is the definition of a good man? Someone rich, aggressive, educated, over 6'0, willing to provide and tend to your emotional and physical needs? Be honest.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:34 PM

Guess I just answered my own question. Women don't like big, burly, strong tough guys. They're the self proclaimed "bad boys" and written off as redneck trash.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
What is the definition of a good man? Someone rich, aggressive, educated, over 6'0, willing to provide and tend to your emotional and physical needs? Be honest.
Gotta be well endowed to. Can't forget the 3rd leg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships