Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 04:30 PM

6,884 posts, read 4,891,231 times

Advertisements

She is getting close to where it may not be easy to get pregnant. She is in a hurry to find out if you are a potential father for her child. She is concerned that your hearing loss is genetic. She is trying to figure out if a hearing loss would make things more difficult, example being bullied, for any child she may have. These are just my best guesses. I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 04:43 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,472,584 times
May I suggest this be an opportunity for you and she to learn a valid lesson. Share with her your perspective of this Spanish inquisition style of hers. Express the genuine regard of boundaries.
She overstepped hers .

Whether you both have different styles of communication, a status quo in manners can be had on conversation.

I'd be inclined to clear the air and move on. She might not have tact .

Old 08-31-2021, 06:58 PM

140 posts, read 153,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
She is getting close to where it may not be easy to get pregnant. She is in a hurry to find out if you are a potential father for her child. She is concerned that your hearing loss is genetic. She is trying to figure out if a hearing loss would make things more difficult, example being bullied, for any child she may have. These are just my best guesses. I could be wrong.
Yes, this is clearly what it is. She also asked if I ever had genetic testing done in my life. I never have. There was never a situation in my life that I needed one. I think her questions are too much for a 2nd date. More than just idle curiosity.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:55 PM

299 posts, read 225,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely47 View Post
Yes, this is clearly what it is. She also asked if I ever had genetic testing done in my life. I never have. There was never a situation in my life that I needed one. I think her questions are too much for a 2nd date. More than just idle curiosity.
I would agree. Not just too much but completely inappropriate and while she might have thought it was perfectly okay in the dating world people don't enjoy being grilled on health matters. Maybe if it was in consideration of your health or needs for you two enjoying each others company better that would be fine. But she's clearly trying to feel out if you would be a good biological subject for her future children.

Always go with your instincts and if someone gives you a bad vibe on a date don't waste their or you time. Personally I would had probably walked out on her just because it was becoming so apparent her interests is in finding a sperm donor.

I had a date attempt to grill me about a highly traumatizing event I survived through (it was a well known event and had been brought up when he learned I worked at the location). He became so focused on that he didn't even seem to care or notice my clear discomfort talking about it. It was weird and so disconnecting; I asked if we could talk about something else and when he brought the subject up again I stood up and left.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:47 AM

So, it has been a couple of days since 2nd date.* We haven't sent a*text to each other since then. I won't bother.*

I can't get intimate with someone who has a problem with my disability. There needs to be an emotional connection and trust which*is lacking between us. I know that sounds cheesy and lame asf, but it's true.*

*I think it's better to end this early and move on.* Thanks everyone for the advice.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:44 AM

372 posts, read 456,793 times
Quote:
So, it has been a couple of days since 2nd date.* We haven't sent a*text to each other since then. I won't bother.*

I can't get intimate with someone who has a problem with my disability. There needs to be an emotional connection and trust which*is lacking between us. I know that sounds cheesy and lame asf, but it's true.*

*I think it's better to end this early and move on.* Thanks everyone for the advice.
Not cheesy or lame at all. In fact it's the smart thing to do. Too many people waste precious time hoping that something bad will change for the better. It's far better to cut ties now.

Old 09-01-2021, 07:52 PM

12,787 posts, read 15,014,175 times
Quote:

Yes, sounds very logical, good! I'm actually surprised she even went on those dates w/ you if it troubles her so much. Perhaps, she's never dated someone w/ a disability or specifically someone who's deaf & wanted to see how it felt. However, she needs more gentleness & not just rattle off questions which makes her seems cold & interrogating.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
For things that might be actual deal breakers for someone, you want to have that discussion pretty early in the dating process. This woman wasn't dismissing you, she was trying to figure what she was getting herself into. If you dismiss every woman who has questions about your hearing aid situation, you are going to have problems progressing much with women.

But I don't mind questions about my disability. However, her questions were more than just "idle curiosity ". Especially so early in the relationship.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Yes, sounds very logical, good! I'm actually surprised she even went on those dates w/ you if it troubles her so much. Perhaps, she's never dated someone w/ a disability or specifically someone who's deaf & wanted to see how it felt. However, she needs more gentleness & not just rattle off questions which makes her seems cold & interrogating.

A family friend gave me her number. He told her before I phoned her about my disability that "one ear is less hearing than other". I don't think he revealed the full extent of my disability (deaf one ear). So he kinda downplayed it I guess.

Funny enough, the dates were fine and we had good chemistry. 2nd date is when she noticed my hearing aid. When I talked to her on phone after 2nd date is when she started asking these nasty questions.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:23 AM

20,770 posts, read 19,998,578 times
Quote:
A family friend gave me her number. He told her before I phoned her about my disability that "one ear is less hearing than other". I don't think he revealed the full extent of my disability (deaf one ear). So he kinda downplayed it I guess.

Funny enough, the dates were fine and we had good chemistry. 2nd date is when she noticed my hearing aid. When I talked to her on phone after 2nd date is when she started asking these nasty questions.
They were curious and maybe not very sensitive. However, you are exaggerating, they were not nasty. If you have a disability and get riled up so quickly if someone asks about it, you must be offended all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships