Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 10:46 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,055,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Already responded to the above.

I think that's part of the overall problem. Seems that a lot of people depend on 'chemistry'. But the problem is, that although *you* might be 'feelin' it', SHE may not be. Yes, the banter can be very nice and all, but in *her* mind, it's just friendly chit-chat.

Lesson to yourself: If asking a woman out on a date, specify that it's a date!

Wow...he asked her to his girlfriend while driving home? Bad on HIM!

As for the sleeping arrangements, I don't think it's that terrible...IF both parties are in agreement ahead of time that this is just sleeping. Again, lesson learned. For BOTH of them.

When I first moved to California, I got a job quickly. After being at work for about a month, one of the women invited me to go on a camping trip with her, her husband and another couple. Kind of like a "Welcome to California" thing for me. We all shared the same tent. Our sleeping bags were smooshed together. I was wedged in between the woman and the other woman's husband.

In the middle of the night, I felt this arm come across me. I remember feeling to scared to move. Morning came. The arm was gone. I emerged from the tent, probably looking like I had sunburn...I was so embarrassed! They all laughed, as I apologized profusely. The woman explained that it was probably 'natural' for him to do that, since she usually slept on the same side of her husband that I was on!

That trip was the talk of the office for the next week...
Um, why would you agree for that kind of a sleeping arrangement with 2 couples. Just something VERY awkward about that and something I'd NEVER agree to. If anything I would have brought my own tent, if I didn't have one, I'd purchase one.

That just weirded me out reading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 03:31 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,288,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Um, why would you agree for that kind of a sleeping arrangement with 2 couples. Just something VERY awkward about that and something I'd NEVER agree to. If anything I would have brought my own tent, if I didn't have one, I'd purchase one.

That just weirded me out reading it.
Jesus its not that weird. It wasnt an orgy.

I say this politely, something is off/unique about your dating ideas/issues. I don’t think you’ve noticed or care to notice? You spend a lot of time observing others…have you done some self analysis? Like at all?

Old 10-01-2021, 03:36 PM

48,665 posts, read 35,157,062 times
I missed something. Are we freaking out about two couples sharing a tent?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-01-2021, 04:36 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,154,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think so. Done it dozens of times.

But I'm sure you know a so called 4.person tent is made for 2. And adjustments need to be made.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:27 PM

10,436 posts, read 7,039,699 times
Quote:
Darn it! I knew I shouldn't have skipped page 2.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Well, I probably wouldn't even hang out with couples in such a fashion, as a single man, it's like being a third wheel anyway.
And apparently, it was cramped quarters if she was close enough to a guy to have his arm on her.

Every camping group I've ever been on everyone slept in their own tent. I guess I come from a culture where campers don't share tents with each other, unless they are a couple that came together.

Anyways, back to the guy in question, I told her it was a bad idea to share sleeping quarters with an opposite sex friend, because, well, you know...what just happened. He had an expectation. Of course, he could have slipped up right up next to her in the night...but that wouldn't be gentlemanly. So he waited until t he ride home to declare his feelings for her.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
K, gonna wrap this up and I'm out - the kind of 'sex' that I am seeking is very much NOT 'easy to find'.
Right...I sometimes think some of these posters spend time blowin' smoke up our back sides. "Easy to find" my arse!

Old 10-02-2021, 05:54 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 25 days ago)

16,153 posts, read 21,313,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Right...I sometimes think some of these posters spend time blowin' smoke up our back sides. "Easy to find" my arse!
You are still missing the point. Sex, just sex by itself, is not difficult to find. There are women who are just as happy to have sex without a commitment, just like some men. If you can't find a hookup at a bar, a club, online sites, craigslist, etc then you aren't really trying. Now if you want something specific and put qualifiers on the sex (she has to be at least a six, has to want to date, has to go dutch, whatever) that's a different story.

Women who tell you they will go out with you as a friend when you've asked them on a date are giving you two options. Move on, or take the friendship with no expectations of anything more. They aren't playing you or leading you on. Sometimes friendships do blossom into romance but if that's your expectation, that's on you, not her.

So what are we talking here, a genuine relationship, a casual hookup, or what? What's the goal?

Old 10-02-2021, 09:16 AM

5,333 posts, read 6,122,917 times
Sex is easy to find as a man? Lol try being an unattractive dude and see how easy it is.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:56 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,154,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You are still missing the point. Sex, just sex by itself, is not difficult to find. There are women who are just as happy to have sex without a commitment, just like some men.
Exactly. This is the only place in the world I've ever seen where this is some sort of controversial view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships