Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 08:51 AM

6,876 posts, read 4,877,055 times

Advertisements

I suppose one could look at it as being a big birthday card. Say thank you, flip through it, then in a couple days it goes in the trash. I suppose a hoarder might keep it, but I think most guys would toss it. Or want to toss it, but not want to hurt the gf's feelings, so be stuck keeping it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 08:58 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I do like some sports but not a huge sporting fan. But if it's a coloring book that's tailored to what I like, then yes I'd love it. Gifts are always nice, and it's the thought behind them that means most to me.
But it's a coloring book that would already be colored in. Personally, I don't think it's a gift that MY husband would be interested in, honestly.

Old 07-15-2022, 09:23 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,614,057 times
I'd pretend to like it. Thumb through it once
Then forget it exists.

Because what the hell am I supposed to do with it?

Old 07-15-2022, 10:45 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
I despise tchotchkes and other impractical gifts that collect dust and take up space. The most thoughtful gifts are ones the person knows I want and can put to good use or enjoy looking at day after day.

Kids color in coloring books to improve their fine motor skills and to show off their "art" to their parents and caregivers. But isn't adult coloring meant solely for stress relief?

Old 07-15-2022, 10:53 AM

501 posts, read 360,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, adult coloring is supposed to be meditative and calming, so if someone gave me an already colored in coloring book of something I was interested in, I'd be kind of confused. That's just me, though.
For about a year work just blew up on me and I did 15 minutes of coloring a day before work.

Mine was of birds. Loved it.

I wouldn't like one that was already colored in.

It was VERY meditative, calming and helped with the stress for that year.

Old 07-15-2022, 12:47 PM

595 posts, read 265,692 times
Does he have a sports shrine? Like a room or area where he keeps memorabilia and collectibles and stuff? If so, it would be more impressive if you printed out an image of something relevant and memorable to him in grayscale, colored it, and framed it for him to hang up. Like if he likes hockey, maybe an image of his favorite player hoisting the Stanley Cup. Or if he has a childhood hero, that would be good.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:41 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,179,571 times
My first impression is she must think he's an idiot. But maybe she put a lot of work into that, and maybe she never got over the coloring book phase in her abbreviated childhood.

Weird, just a bit weird.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:28 PM

632 posts, read 299,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Juvenile? Lame? Stupid?

It’s a coloring book full of Sport-related quotes. While the gift idea may seem unusual, after all the pages are colored in, the guy might like it that his woman put a lot of effort in coloring about a sport he loves. It would be kinda like reading a book.

Interesting? Unique? Cool?
All of the above. Unless it looks like a Banksy or Rembrandt, it might go directly into the trash.

Old 07-18-2022, 05:09 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
I would think a guy would wonder what the heck to do with it.

Coloring books for adults (I thought) were for relieving stress, so what stress was she relieving by coloring it in? The stress of the relationship? LOL

I could appreciate the work put into it if my grandchild did it or if the adult had some disability. But, an already-colored-in coloring book shows that the adult can color inside the lines.

IF I were to give a BF a gift like that, I might write a little love note within it for BF to find, but that’s all. An already-colored-in coloring book is a used gift IMHO.

Old 07-18-2022, 01:00 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,362,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I do like some sports but not a huge sporting fan. But if it's a coloring book that's tailored to what I like, then yes I'd love it. Gifts are always nice, and it's the thought behind them that means most to me.
It’s something I’ll probably only do once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Just buy him a sports-themed video game in whatever his favorite sport is.
He doesn’t play video games

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How would someone use or display such a gift? It's not exactly an art piece, not exactly a book you would read, enjoy and then share with others. Once he has flipped through it, what happens to it?
Knowing him, He’d save it putting it somewhere l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I'd pretend to like it. Thumb through it once
Then forget it exists.

Because what the hell am I supposed to do with it?
If you really liked the sport, it might mean something. Just save it. Or toss ir if you’re not a sentimental person

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaByrd View Post
Does he have a sports shrine? Like a room or area where he keeps memorabilia and collectibles and stuff? If so, it would be more impressive if you printed out an image of something relevant and memorable to him in grayscale, colored it, and framed it for him to hang up. Like if he likes hockey, maybe an image of his favorite player hoisting the Stanley Cup. Or if he has a childhood hero, that would be good.

Yeah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships