Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 05:22 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifeata View Post
She obviously knows i like her, as i said, ive been reaching out every other week to ask her out. text her randomly here and there too without trying to blow up her phone. i also asked her if she wants to go to miami on a weekend since she said she would love to go, to which she replied that she couldnt travel that weekend because she had a concert planned.

Im just disappointed that if i dont reach out, there's radio silence. as if i dont exist. i take that as a lack of interest on her part.
You've been told many times on this thread what everyone thinks you should do. Are you not reading people's posts?? because that's what it seems like. I'll bet you don't even read this one.

At this point I think she's better off without you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 05:58 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
If it were me and I didn't want to give up just yet, I'd take a two-pronged approach, first talk to the mutual friends.

Tell them you like her but she doesn't seem interested or maybe too busy with life? Frame it as a question, see what they say. Then express concern for her health and ask if she's feeling better.

You could then send her a card of some kind, birthday, hope you're well, thinking of you, etc.

Then give her a call just to reconnect and chat. See where it goes. Might not go anywhere but even if not you will have reached out in a warm way from one human being to another.

Good luck!

Old 08-02-2022, 10:28 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,079,532 times
To top off all the other social errors, you asked her on a date but added that you expected it to end up with sex. After so many instances of not having any time for her, you really look like a user and a player.

I'm not surprised she decided to cut her losses and find a different boyfriend; one who treats her better.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:08 PM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
OP, the good news is that she found you attractive enough to sleep with. This means that other attractive women will find you attractive enough to sleep with. So rest in the comfort of knowing you're not ugly.

OP, the bad news is she doesn't like you. This isn't the 1980s where sex meant something. She wanted to sleep with you at that moment, she did, it's over now, and she's moved on. If she slept with you after 2 weeks, then I hate to be the one to break it to you, she will be sleeping with another guy within 1-2 months, tops. Honestly, she probably didn't even notice your absence at her party and I'm sure there were many other male suitors there waiting their turn. That's just how it is in the era of urban living and Instagram.

Always keep in mind that there are PLENTY of women out here, attractive women at that, who are letting men drive their cars and stay in their apartments rent-free all because they are tall, well-built, handsome, charismatic, etc. These guys break all sorts of rules, like being broke for one, that women often say they'll never let a man break. Point being that there's almost nothing you can do to keep a woman who's really attracted to you from pursuing you.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:24 PM

13 posts, read 7,325 times
Update, i text her today, we went back and forth a little bit, asked her if she's still going out on the weekends, to which she replied, she's leaving to spain friday with her boss, and she has to stop going out until the end of the summer lol. She did tell me she's leaving to spain in August. When i asked her when she's coming back, she didn't reply to that part of the text and responded to something else.

Either way it's over, she's not interested, gonna learn my lessons, cut my losses and move on, even though it kind of stings because i liked this one. All good and thanks guys.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:36 PM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
Quote:
Update, i text her today, we went back and forth a little bit, asked her if she's still going out on the weekends, to which she replied, she's leaving to spain friday with her boss, and she has to stop going out until the end of the summer lol. She did tell me she's leaving to spain in August. When i asked her when she's coming back, she didn't reply to that part of the text and responded to something else.

Either way it's over, she's not interested, gonna learn my lessons, cut my losses and move on, even though it kind of stings because i liked this one. All good and thanks guys.
Mmm hmm. The boss.

Sorry it didn't work out but it was good you contacted her, now you know.

Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:39 PM

13 posts, read 7,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Mmm hmm. The boss.

Sorry it didn't work out but it was good you contacted her, now you know.

Enjoy the rest of the summer.
Left it at, "enjoy spain, let me know when you come back so we can catch up". she didnt even tell me when shes coming back. to which she said "yess we have to catch up when i get back".

Don't think ill ever hear from her again but whatever lol. Ball's in her court now, did my best.

Old 08-02-2022, 07:10 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post

Maybe you played it too cool.
Too cool for school, dropped his books and lost the lesson.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:04 PM

2,108 posts, read 1,050,471 times
Quote:
Long story short, met this girl on a double date about 2 months ago. Went out and had a great time, got her number, started texting and arranged a following meet-up for the next week. Went out again for a few hours just her and I and had a good time. Spend the following weekend with our friends as well and slept together. Best time yet. Up until this point everything was good. This was last month.

The following weekend it was her birthday, her friend texts me that she wants to plan something that Saturday, then switches it to Sunday because the girl has work, so i decided to play it cool and say i have plans sunday (4th of july weekend). From there i felt a slow drop. Decided to ask the girl again the next weekend and we go out, party till 5am. I text her the next day and she doesnt get back to me until 24 hours later, "hey sorry i forgot to reply", "i thought i replied haha". I started feeling like she's losing interest, we communicate a bit, communication starts to get slow but i play it cool.

Last week, i text her Tuesday asking if she wants to go out with our mutual friends again on Sat. she initially says yes lets go. then i ask her if she wants to spend the night together like last time. she disappears. texts me 3 days later that there's a covid case in her family and she thinks she got it, shes not feeling well. i reply "okay no problem" and leave it at that. Think it might be true but not sure, no stories of any outings posted on IG. was last saturday. Have not heard from her since, its always been me reaching out, i have not reached out and neither has she.

Should i try to reach out again or just walk away for good? I'm just frustrated with the fact that 1) she never initates out if i dont, 2) i feel like shes lost interest with the late replies, cancelation last date, and the fact that we have barely spoken in the past 10+ days.
I'm big on the "gut feeling" today, so I will advise you to always rely on it. It's a defense mechanism that God gave us that helps us make good decisions. If you have the "gut feeling" that she's no longer interested, you're probably right. At any rate, all of this is confusing you, bothering you, hurting you and causing anxiety and other bad feelings. With that being said, she's already not good for you. Use that information and move forward.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:33 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,678,474 times
What a gorgeous display of projection.

Mr. Plays It Cool is surprised she's cooling off? The man who lies about his availability feels a need to check social media in case she's lying about Covid? The guy who plays games wonders if she's playing games with him?

This is a shocking story, these kinds of things never happen!
/sarcasm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships