Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 08:24 PM

13 posts, read 7,311 times

Advertisements

Long story short, met this girl on a double date about 2 months ago. Went out and had a great time, got her number, started texting and arranged a following meet-up for the next week. Went out again for a few hours just her and I and had a good time. Spend the following weekend with our friends as well and slept together. Best time yet. Up until this point everything was good. This was last month.

The following weekend it was her birthday, her friend texts me that she wants to plan something that Saturday, then switches it to Sunday because the girl has work, so i decided to play it cool and say i have plans sunday (4th of july weekend). From there i felt a slow drop. Decided to ask the girl again the next weekend and we go out, party till 5am. I text her the next day and she doesnt get back to me until 24 hours later, "hey sorry i forgot to reply", "i thought i replied haha". I started feeling like she's losing interest, we communicate a bit, communication starts to get slow but i play it cool.

Last week, i text her Tuesday asking if she wants to go out with our mutual friends again on Sat. she initially says yes lets go. then i ask her if she wants to spend the night together like last time. she disappears. texts me 3 days later that there's a covid case in her family and she thinks she got it, shes not feeling well. i reply "okay no problem" and leave it at that. Think it might be true but not sure, no stories of any outings posted on IG. was last saturday. Have not heard from her since, its always been me reaching out, i have not reached out and neither has she.

Should i try to reach out again or just walk away for good? I'm just frustrated with the fact that 1) she never initates out if i dont, 2) i feel like shes lost interest with the late replies, cancelation last date, and the fact that we have barely spoken in the past 10+ days.

Last edited by livelifeata; 07-31-2022 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2022, 08:45 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,696,690 times
It's over. Are her friends cute?

Old 07-31-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's over. Are her friends cute?
No she's 10x more attractive than her friend that my poor friend was with lol. Why do you say it's over?

Last edited by livelifeata; 07-31-2022 at 08:54 PM..

Old 07-31-2022, 08:47 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
I'd stop making contact. If she's truly interested, she'll contact you. IMO, ambivalence is a turn-off and bodes poorly for future interactions. If you're playing games with the scheduling, however, then you're part of the problem.

Old 07-31-2022, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I'd stop making contact. If she's truly interested, she'll contact you. IMO, ambivalence is a turn-off and bodes poorly for future interactions. If you're playing games with the scheduling, however, then you're part of the problem.
That's where im at, and what i would typically do, but this girl is so attractive, had so much fun with her, and like her a lot so thats the only thing pulling me to try once more. i know it doesnt change the fact that she makes 0 effort to stay in touch or make plans. she is the shy type but still think it doesnt give her a pass.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:05 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,696,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifeata View Post
No she's 10x more attractive than her friend that my poor friend was with lol. Why do you say it's over?
You said it right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifeata View Post
1) she never initates out if i dont, 2) i feel like shes lost interest with the late replies, cancelation last date, and the fact that we have barely spoken in the past 10+ days.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:05 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,097,485 times
If this forum has taught me anything…

Perhaps send a hateful text about how lucky she was to have you, but you’re sick of her attitude and don’t want her to contact you again because she’s wasting your time and you’re way better than her. Probably include a hurtful comment about her physical appearance.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:11 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Move on.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:50 PM

6,862 posts, read 4,856,991 times
Maybe you played it too cool.

Old 07-31-2022, 11:15 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,789,989 times
By all means, don't give her another shot, and please walk away for good.

For HER sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships