Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 07:41 AM

113 posts, read 80,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I'm sure women don't want to be approached by the overweight, fat, balding, ugly, broke, short, hairy, smelly, unkept men. (plenty of desperate men will mistake an innocent smile for flirting)

But I'm glad that you think all men, "regardless of who they are and what they do," should just harass every woman they find attractive.

Luckily, we have dating apps now, where you only match with people who want to match with you, therefore negating the need to harass every woman in the bar and club that you find attractive because you believe men need to do all the approaching.
I take care of my figure and my appearance in general, therefore I expect the same from the man who approaches me.
But, each person is different and there’s a lid for every pot.

If I feel a man does not meet my standards, I would never ridicule him or treat him bad. No woman would.

Since when is approaching someone, equivalent to harassing?
You know when a woman is interested and receptive in your advance.
You enjoy conversation first, flirt and then do the asking.

It’s sexual harassment when a woman clearly looks uncomfortable and does not want to engage with you, and you continue to hit on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 07:51 AM

5,660 posts, read 3,167,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
+1, how many times have yoo curved a man in your 20's ?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'curved'.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:59 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,775,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by 'curved'.
Rejected them or in layman’s terms, turned down an obvious advance.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:40 AM

5,660 posts, read 3,167,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Rejected them or in layman’s terms, turned down an obvious advance.
Ah. Thanks Dissenter.

Honestly...I don't think it was that often. We're talking about a cold approach...right? Someone randomly approaching me, asking for my number? If that's the case, I can think of ONE time. A guy in a bar didn't even try to "chat me up" and asked for my phone #. I told him I didn't operate that way.

But most guys...there was usually SOME kind of pretext of knowing someone...even if just a little bit. I mean...even if it's "hey, I noticed this seat is open, do you mind if I sit here? And then they start chatting me up. But maybe that's what counts as the cold approach...I don't know.

Anyway, in my single days, (and I'll count single as not in any kind of relationship) I can only think of the one time.

Now...when I was older...I've had to turn guys down a couple two or three times...because I was married, and I don't cheat. There was nothing wrong with the guys...as a matter of fact, they were nice looking and friendly...but I'm married, so end of that story.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:31 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,691,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Yep. A whole 2 times. Otherwise, guys approached me. Or, they didn't. But I was too shy to do the approaching.

The times I wasn't shy about it...they said no.
I’ve certainly approached guys. One time it was a massive fail because I apparently told a guy I was madly in love with him. This was completely inadvertent as I was not asking him out in my native language. Needless to say, he thought this was coming on a *wee bit* too strong. FWIW, at the time I think he had hooked up with a mutual friend who was complaining that all he ever did was talk about how I did x and y and was great. At some later date, he attempted to commence a booty call that I didn’t understand. Looking back, the whole thing was just hilarious. At any rate, I’ve had my failures over the years.

Old 10-14-2022, 06:57 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,583,148 times
appropo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8LNYBn4ykM

Old 10-14-2022, 07:33 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,656,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
+1, how many times have yoo curved a man in your 20's ?
Too many times to count or remember. But that's true for most women in their twenties.

In the twenties a young woman is at the height of her fertility and physical attractiveness. Men notice. Women have the option of saying yes or no.

That shouldn't be counted against either men or women, it's just people being people.

If I liked someone back then, I didn't ask them out first, but they knew I liked them: extra smiley, laugh at their jokes, flirty, chatty. Usually worked.

Men weren't so scared to approach women then though, like they are today. It was assumed men and women liked each other.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,670,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

-Men are naturally curious. Men are also not used to being approached. If a woman approaches a man, and she's decent-looking, he will entertain her even if he has no real romantic interest in her because he's flattered by the attention.

This is true and has been my experience as well. When a woman approaches a man, it basically sends the message to the man that nothing is required of him - namely not a commitment or relationship - and he can get sex without giving anything. If you are a cute looking woman, all men will say yes, even the ones who can't offer you what you need and it wastes your time. So it's a real risk. A man who pursues you will be trying to figure out what you need before or during his pursuit. This is necessary. And yes this disqualifies lazy men or men who are too shy to approach but nothing good ever comes to those who sit idle.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:12 PM

3,150 posts, read 1,608,972 times
The other point in the video is that women who "shoot their shot" are too inexperienced and sophisticated, i.e, the man reciprocates interest because he is flattered and wants to see where this leads sexually, not necessarily that he is into her. She assumes he is into her and she ignores the red flags and lack of any investment in a relationship.

Old 10-14-2022, 11:52 PM

880 posts, read 465,442 times
Haaa , or figures he may as well sleep with her and then he'll prob just do the going himself.

l didn't even watch that vid what for it's in the title and there's so many bs vids out there by bs people or some stat or ridiculous study or whatever and on it goes. Makes no difference what some woman is saying real life is life that's reality.

Last edited by randomx; 10-15-2022 at 12:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships