Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 05:33 AM

113 posts, read 80,356 times

Advertisements

Ladies, don’t listen to the “I approached my husband and we’ve been married since the civil war” people.

All men, regardless of who they are and what they do, will go for what they want.
Make eye contact and smile. If he does not approach, take it as a sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 06:20 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Interesting take from a former Atlanta matchmaker. Here are the Cliff's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BptNEj-JOP8&t=427s

-Most women are not experienced and sophisticated enough to shoot their shot at men. It takes a certain degree of experience to know when a man is really into you and when he isn't and many women lack that experience and groundedness.

-Inexperienced women let their egos get in the way of their ability to spot red flags.

-Women are at a disadvantage because they're already halfway in before they shoot their shot. The only man a woman will shoot her shot at is a man she's absolutely crazy about and attracted to. This clouds her judgment.

-Men are naturally curious. Men are also not used to being approached. If a woman approaches a man, and she's decent-looking, he will entertain her even if he has no real romantic interest in her because he's flattered by the attention.

-Men being curious, they will try to see how far they can go and what they can get out of her. This leads to women spending time with men who ultimately end up hurting them.

-Men go after what they really want. If a man says "I'm not looking for anything right now," then he doesn't like you, full stop. A man would never utter those words to the woman of his dreams because he'd be too afraid of scaring her away.

Thoughts?
I politely and respectfully disagree with the bolded points above. Especially about men "...try[ing] to see how far they can go and what they can get out of her".

Men's personalities and temperaments will vary greatly from individual to individual. Some men are naturally kinder, while some are inevitably crueler. It is a logical fallacy to imply that "All men are...<factor a b c>."

I honestly believe this world would be a much better place and in the dating realm especially if more women were more open to approaching more men. In the end, we are not just women and men, but we are all human beings. Also, please remember that even though they may not admit it verbally or publicly, I would venture that a majority of (and most) men are in great and even dire need of a good woman's genuine love...there are a vast plethora of studies out there that show that for men who are life-long never married and in the long-term absence of having the genuine love of a woman in their lives, men's health and well-being have a noted tendency to decline very precipitously.

Love has an important place in Maslov's hierarchy of needs (i.e., fundamental human needs that all people universally and intrinsically need). Men need women's love, just as women need men's love. Quoting from Wikipedia: "Humans need to love and be loved – both s*xually and non-s*xually – by others.[1] Many people become susceptible to loneliness, social anxiety, and clinical depression in the absence of...love[.]"

In summary: we all need love, and men need love too

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 10-06-2022 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: Edited for clarity

Old 10-06-2022, 06:44 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
If they're not happy with the men who are choosing them then maybe they should be more proactive about approaching the men they are happy with.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:17 AM

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix2017 View Post
It is a logical fallacy to imply that "All men are...<factor a b c>."
She didn't say all men, did she? There are a lot of men who are gay, so clearly she's talking in the general here. I don't think anyone should have to spell that out every single time.

Most of you aren't actually watching ANY of the video and are just dropping opinions that have nothing to do with what she says in the video.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Whata damn joke.
Everything you own , everything you live , has mostly been created by men.
But on another note, yeah absolutely and that must be why there are so many women that can't nail one of these simpletons and are out there getting scammed by them every time they meet one, sometimes for decades on end.

Well, except my life. But that's no big deal.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:47 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
She didn't say all men, did she? There are a lot of men who are gay, so clearly she's talking in the general here. I don't think anyone should have to spell that out every single time.

Most of you aren't actually watching ANY of the video and are just dropping opinions that have nothing to do with what she says in the video.
I watched the video and to be fully fair and balanced, she had a lot of valid points, actually.

The overarching problem is that she seems in her analysis to be heavily leaning or generalizing on men who are heavily extroverted, player-style men who have serious game and can usually have any women they want. She is at the same time largely not taking into account men who have severe shyness, social anxiety, who haven't been "lucky in love", who get rejected all the time by women no matter how hard they try, and who women may give one or 2 dates to, but always decline to be in a relationship with, no matter how good of a person the guy is. It is precisely the latter type of man who -- and I 100% guarantee you, since I have been there myself, personally -- who would absolutely *love* for a kind, caring woman to approach him. She's not taking these types of men into account, hardly at all, in her analysis.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 10-06-2022 at 08:04 AM..

Old 10-06-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I watched the video and to be fully fair and balanced, she had a lot of valid points, actually.

The overarching problem is that she seems in her analysis to be heavily leaning or generalizing on men who are heavily extroverted, player-style men who have serious game and can usually have any women they want. She is at the same time largely not taking into account men who have severe shyness, social anxiety, who haven't been "lucky in love", who get rejected all the time by women no matter how hard they try, and who women may give one or 2 dates to, but always decline to be in a relationship with, no matter how good of a person the guy is. It is precisely the latter type of man who -- and I 100% guarantee you, since I have been there myself, personally -- who would absolutely *love* for a kind, caring woman to approach him. She's not taking these type of men into account, hardly at all, in her analysis.
I don't remember her saying anything about heavily extroverted, player-style men who have serious game. Sure, *some* of them may fall into that category, but I think this may be a case of you reading more into it than what's actually being said. There are men that some women may find really attractive without having any of those qualities.

Also, she didn't say that women should NEVER shoot their shot. That's why the video is titled the way it is. She said that inexperienced women who do shoot their shot could easily find themselves in a situationship. So she's more or less warning women about the pitfalls of approaching men rather than stating that they should never approach men at all.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:08 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:

The overarching problem is that she seems in her analysis to be heavily leaning or generalizing on men who are heavily extroverted, player-style men who have serious game and can usually have any women they want. She is at the same time largely not taking into account men who have severe shyness, social anxiety, who haven't been "lucky in love", who get rejected all the time by women no matter how hard they try, and who women may give one or 2 dates to, but always decline to be in a relationship with, no matter how good of a person the guy is. It is precisely the latter type of man who -- and I 100% guarantee you, since I have been there myself, personally -- who would absolutely *love* for a kind, caring woman to approach him. She's not taking these types of men into account, hardly at all, in her analysis.
Those are the guys women don't want though. She didn't take them into account because they're men of no account.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Those are the guys women don't want though. She didn't take them into account because they're men of no account.
Yeah, why would a woman be expected to initiate things with a man she doesn't even find attractive? They have men who they don't find all that attractive approaching them all the time, and contrary to popular belief among men, they give a non-insignificant percentage of those men a chance. In some cases, the man actually grows on her and they develop a genuine attraction to him. I don't think we can really say the same for men.

The matchmaker underscores a fundamental difference between men and women: men have no problem giving time, attention and sexual access to women they have no intention of entering into a long-term, committed relationship with. When men complain about women wasting their time, they're usually talking about a few dates, maybe a few weeks, maybe a semester or so of remaining in the Friend Zone, all the while without getting any real physical access to the woman. When women complain about men wasting their time, it could be months or even years of sex and vacations with no real stated commitment on the man's part. After 6 months of what the woman considers "dating," the guy might tell her "Let's just see where things go."

This is a challenge women face in the dating market that goes unappreciated by many men.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:39 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
Ahh , so what , you can't read around the forums and of the trials women go through too?
l'd say most of them know more about rejection than men actually. Even on date sites the allusion usually turns to mud in the long run that's why so many of them are on 2 and 3 of them at once for yrs on end- and still getting nowhere.
But ah yeah that's right , we're only simple creatures aren't we never the less though, l'd sure agree that some women could certainly use a taste of it too and l'd be just fine with them going for it. Most get bit when they do though , ever noticed ? They usually go after the one guy not really interested but can't see it.
I've asked guys out before. On 2 different occasions. They shot me down like Snoopy shooting down the Red Baron. LOL I didn't die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships