Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2022, 03:52 PM

32,100 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

Interesting take from a former Atlanta matchmaker. Here are the Cliff's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BptNEj-JOP8&t=427s

-Most women are not experienced and sophisticated enough to shoot their shot at men. It takes a certain degree of experience to know when a man is really into you and when he isn't and many women lack that experience and groundedness.

-Inexperienced women let their egos get in the way of their ability to spot red flags.

-Women are at a disadvantage because they're already halfway in before they shoot their shot. The only man a woman will shoot her shot at is a man she's absolutely crazy about and attracted to. This clouds her judgment.

-Men are naturally curious. Men are also not used to being approached. If a woman approaches a man, and she's decent-looking, he will entertain her even if he has no real romantic interest in her because he's flattered by the attention.

-Men being curious, they will try to see how far they can go and what they can get out of her. This leads to women spending time with men who ultimately end up hurting them.

-Men go after what they really want. If a man says "I'm not looking for anything right now," then he doesn't like you, full stop. A man would never utter those words to the woman of his dreams because he'd be too afraid of scaring her away.

Thoughts?

Last edited by BajanYankee; 10-05-2022 at 04:04 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2022, 04:14 PM

1,483 posts, read 684,470 times
My thought is that women should step up... especially if they want a 'good' person - 'good' as in character, values, intentions, etc., things that actually matter.

There are guys who will not approach for whatever reason(s) and they would benefit from being approached by someone who has genuine interest.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:19 PM

6,866 posts, read 4,863,645 times
Yeah, they should, because men are so easy. Such simple creatures.

Old 10-05-2022, 05:23 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
There's nothing in there about free dinner.

Old 10-05-2022, 06:02 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
My thoughts:

- Women should be encouraged to shoot their shot but most won’t because they don’t need to. You’ll never see a Beyoncé having to ask out a guy.

- I will never say yes to a woman who asks me out because I wasn’t into them for a reason.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:41 PM

1,555 posts, read 779,228 times
Yes they should. So they can taste rejection too.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:39 AM

876 posts, read 459,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Yeah, they should, because men are so easy. Such simple creatures.

Whata damn joke.
Everything you own , everything you live , has mostly been created by men.
But on another note, yeah absolutely and that must be why there are so many women that can't nail one of these simpletons and are out there getting scammed by them every time they meet one, sometimes for decades on end.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:42 AM

876 posts, read 459,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Yes they should. So they can taste rejection too.

Ahh , so what , you can't read around the forums and of the trials women go through too?
l'd say most of them know more about rejection than men actually. Even on date sites the allusion usually turns to mud in the long run that's why so many of them are on 2 and 3 of them at once for yrs on end- and still getting nowhere.
But ah yeah that's right , we're only simple creatures aren't we never the less though, l'd sure agree that some women could certainly use a taste of it too and l'd be just fine with them going for it. Most get bit when they do though , ever noticed ? They usually go after the one guy not really interested but can't see it.

Last edited by randomx; 10-06-2022 at 12:56 AM..

Old 10-06-2022, 04:43 AM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Interesting take from a former Atlanta matchmaker. Here are the Cliff's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BptNEj-JOP8&t=427s

-Most women are not experienced and sophisticated enough to shoot their shot at men. It takes a certain degree of experience to know when a man is really into you and when he isn't and many women lack that experience and groundedness.

-Inexperienced women let their egos get in the way of their ability to spot red flags.

-Women are at a disadvantage because they're already halfway in before they shoot their shot. The only man a woman will shoot her shot at is a man she's absolutely crazy about and attracted to. This clouds her judgment.

-Men are naturally curious. Men are also not used to being approached. If a woman approaches a man, and she's decent-looking, he will entertain her even if he has no real romantic interest in her because he's flattered by the attention.

-Men being curious, they will try to see how far they can go and what they can get out of her. This leads to women spending time with men who ultimately end up hurting them.

-Men go after what they really want. If a man says "I'm not looking for anything right now," then he doesn't like you, full stop. A man would never utter those words to the woman of his dreams because he'd be too afraid of scaring her away.

Thoughts?
Great stuff here. (did not watch video, but..) As a woman, I agree with it all. I prefer dealing with confident men who know what they want and what they are doing.

Old 10-06-2022, 05:16 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Good points. I'd say it's better to let the men do the asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships