Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 04:02 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
I am interested in him. Would it be bad if he did that?

Well, depends if you are open to one (or a few) night stands. He lives in another state....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 04:14 PM

204 posts, read 111,546 times
I guess he could be bored but I figured he could always just DM someone in his state . And when he asked why I didn’t say anything it gave me some hope he was somewhat interested in the past.

Old 10-12-2022, 05:21 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
I guess he could be bored but I figured he could always just DM someone in his state . And when he asked why I didn’t say anything it gave me some hope he was somewhat interested in the past.
What makes you think he isn't? My bet is he is DM'ing with a half dozen or so at once. As well as going to social events. I've seen it - and done it - before. A relationship ends, he's suddenly single and playing the numbers and all the angles.

Old 10-12-2022, 05:36 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Part of me feels like I already made the move by saying what I said. If he was into me wouldn't he have said it then? I overthink a lot

How would a guy feel if someone he was interested in said this to him? and what would their reaction be
Let me be clear that you did NOT make a move by what you said. The crushes were past tense. If you have interest now, say so, then put the ball in his court.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:48 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
OP, has this guy ever even called you? Or is he just sending you messages through a social-media inbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'd be a little cautious. I doubt he had these deep feelings for you and finally decided to act on them after years. I'd be concerned that he was "on the prowl" and going through his contacts looking for an easy score. Unless you're ok with that.
Yup. Whenever I hear of someone popping up from someone's past (and it happened to me once), I wonder why they can't find someone to date in their here-and-now that they have to dredge up people they knew 5-10 (or more) years ago...

Old 10-12-2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let me be clear that you did NOT make a move by what you said. The crushes were past tense. If you have interest now, say so, then put the ball in his court.
Now that I think about it you are right. I said past tense . I feel silly now saying I also have an interest now

Old 10-12-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
OP, has this guy ever even called you? Or is he just sending you messages through a social-media inbox?

Yup. Whenever I hear of someone popping up from someone's past (and it happened to me once), I wonder why they can't find someone to date in their here-and-now that they have to dredge up people they knew 5-10 (or more) years ago...
No calls before hand just talking on Instagram. If I told him I was interested in him he could also see it being that way though which on part wouldn’t be true. I wouldn’t be trying to hit him up because I’m bored or want to play him or whatever. I have always had a liking for him but now I guess If I did say I was interested it would seem sill. We are in different states

Old 10-12-2022, 08:34 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't agree with that.

That's a big deal.

It doesn't mean you're in for sure, but it's a HUGE difference from unknown. Big advantage.

I've never had that happen. It has happened to a friend of mine a few times.

It really depends on how good the guy is with women. It might be surprising or that type of thing might happen all the time and... whatever.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Steer the conversation towards another subject and make it jokey/lighthearted (so it's not awkward). If he wants you, he'll bring it back towards the conversation about you liking each other. If not, he'll go right along with the other subject.
I missed this. I like this idea!

Old 10-13-2022, 08:56 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I would be bold, in the middle of a chit chat I would say "Jeeez, it would be so nice if you would just live next door, we could go to dinner now and talk person to person." or something the like.

Who knows, maybe he will come visit. Or maybe he has intentions to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships