Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 10:39 AM

37,474 posts, read 61,423,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
I am interested in him. Would it be bad if he did that?
I think I would pick a city that is roughly half-way between his location and yours, look for a nice hotel in that city, and check what the rates are for a weekend.

Then message him and invite him to meet you there for a weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 11:39 AM

204 posts, read 111,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I would be bold, in the middle of a chit chat I would say "Jeeez, it would be so nice if you would just live next door, we could go to dinner now and talk person to person." or something the like.

Who knows, maybe he will come visit. Or maybe he has intentions to move.
He lived in the same state as me for college and moved a few states over after. He actually did mention in conversation how he wants to move back but with inflation he isn’t too sure when that would happen

Old 10-13-2022, 12:18 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'd be a little cautious. I doubt he had these deep feelings for you and finally decided to act on them after years. I'd be concerned that he was "on the prowl" and going through his contacts looking for an easy score. Unless you're ok with that.
They live in different states. How easy can it be to score if you're living in different states? But THAT said OP, are you really interested in trying to start something with someone who lives so far away?

Old 10-13-2022, 12:23 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
He lived in the same state as me for college and moved a few states over after. He actually did mention in conversation how he wants to move back but with inflation he isn’t too sure when that would happen

So, what, he's going to move in with you then? lol ..... ?

Hmmm....

Cuffing season, beware the scrubs.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:33 PM

1,397 posts, read 917,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I think I would pick a city that is roughly half-way between his location and yours, look for a nice hotel in that city, and check what the rates are for a weekend.

Then message him and invite him to meet you there for a weekend.
That would be quite a leap to go from flirty Insta DMs to "hey, let's meet up and share a hotel room for a weekend". I feel like there should be some intermediate steps first.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:57 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
So he does want to move closer to you, but he lacks motivation.

He is asking if you would be willing to date him if he did move closer.

Old 10-13-2022, 01:10 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
They live in different states. How easy can it be to score if you're living in different states? But THAT said OP, are you really interested in trying to start something with someone who lives so far away?
It's a numbers game. He's probably playing a dozen chat buddies at once, not betting on any particular one panning out but just hoping one or two of them does.

I doubt he's looking for a "relationship". It doesn't sound to me like they ever were really friends so much as acquaintances who had common friends. Did they ever have a date? Or even spend an evening together as friends, just the two of them?

Old 10-13-2022, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I’ve never tried it so I wouldn’t be against it

Old 10-13-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
So, what, he's going to move in with you then? lol ..... ?

Hmmm....

Cuffing season, beware the scrubs.
Haha not move in with me. The move wouldn’t be for me either it was just mentioned in conversation. I didn’t think much of it

Old 10-13-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It's a numbers game. He's probably playing a dozen chat buddies at once, not betting on any particular one panning out but just hoping one or two of them does.

I doubt he's looking for a "relationship". It doesn't sound to me like they ever were really friends so much as acquaintances who had common friends. Did they ever have a date? Or even spend an evening together as friends, just the two of them?
We didn’t have a date but would we need to have a date in the past in order to have interest in one another now? People fall for people they meet online everyday who they don’t have any connection or mutual friends with let alone seen one another in person prior to wanting to date another
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships