Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 08:04 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,536,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Everyone knows that food eaten off another's plate or eaten over the sink has no calories. it's guilt free!
Also anything eaten straight out of the refrigerator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 09:04 PM

273 posts, read 155,148 times
I'd find it attractive. Heck I'd feed it to her myself but that is a bit intimate for the first couple dates.

Old 10-21-2022, 02:24 AM

585 posts, read 320,070 times
Is it that she didn’t ask or you just want your own food? If it was a first date, usually I’d ask if they wanted to try any of mine, hoping they would offer as well. To me, it is not intimacy or a sign I like this person or am trying to get them to like me, just manners where I’m from, being friendly. I mean if you go to a potluck, you say try this if you like this type of food, or what’s this? I do not recall men eating off my plate except after I offer and they like tasting a different entree but they aren't eating a lot of it unless I offer The whole just taking without asking is bizarre.

Also bizarre are people who must guard their plate like a dog, refuse to try anything on the table and never offer a taste of their food. I have dated people like that. Anyway, yeah I don't like people who didnt admit they want to eat and try to halve your dinner, unless I wasn't hungry/ we can get more food somewhere. Changing one’s mind happens. Maybe it is some weird delusion stealing your food doesn't count. A family member stabs at my food and it’s just another lack of boundaries. I usually say wait up, lemme give you some, so I feel a bit in control. I’ve heard women say it is a test also.

Old 10-21-2022, 04:34 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Every woman I've ever been with has taken food off my plate and often without asking. I've had women try it on a first date! The most annoying part is when I ask "hey, I'm going to go grab some takeout. Would you like anything?" and she says no she isn't hungry. But when I get home all of the sudden she's hungry and starts eating off my plate and sometimes asks if she can eat half. Of course I get irritated, then she acts like I'm the bad guy for not offering some of my food.

Most of my male friends have told me that their female partners do this as well, so it doesn't just seem like my bad luck.

Have you experienced this in a relationship? Do men do this as well?

This is all your fault, you should know by now to bring home extra food, lol.

No, but seriously. Prevention is your only recourse at this point, dealing with these rude women..

Old 10-21-2022, 05:14 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,338,753 times
I never take food off of my husband's plate. We each offer the other a bite if we're dining out.

Easy solution since you seem to attract these people is to just buy her something when she says she'll just munch on your food or doesn't want anything. She will eat it or you'll have leftovers.

Old 10-21-2022, 05:52 AM

972 posts, read 541,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Oh, trust me. The conversation has been discussed many times. Two days after I had this conversation with an ex, this is what went down.

Me: I'm going to Five Guys for a burger and fries, want anything?
Her: No, I'm good. I'll just munch on your fries.
I'd tell her directly that it's rude of her to impose (I'd use that word) on my meal, and that she should ask for her own side of fries if she wants some. If she tried to counter that, I'd just tell her that I've defined my terms and expectations.

Instead, you could ask her if she has an eating problem. Or a responsibility problem.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:04 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,678,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
I'd tell her directly that it's rude of her to impose (I'd use that word) on my meal, and that she should ask for her own side of fries if she wants some. If she tried to counter that, I'd just tell her that I've defined my terms and expectations.

Instead, you could ask her if she has an eating problem. Or a responsibility problem.
Don't ask her directly is what I suggest if you can help it. Find ways to ask her this that sound helpful rather than irritating unless you know she can handle and likes direct. Maybe ask if she can try to let you know beforehand to order more. Maybe you should try to ask for half her food and see what happens first.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:05 AM

3,188 posts, read 1,659,838 times
This is the "ladies first" privilege, nothing else. How common is it that your girlfriend or friend just sees your french fries and without any hesitation just grabs a few. I've had a woman who felt offended when I didn't allow her passage ahead of me at the door. It's no big deal for us guys but for women this is a big problem. Because my girl friends often complain about other girls screwing each other by taking advantage of each other. I think women privilege tend to hurt women in ways they don't realize it. I always appreciate women who recognize their privilege and appreciates when a guy offers them and they show gratitude rather than just abuse it.

Old 10-21-2022, 07:30 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
This is the "ladies first" privilege, nothing else. How common is it that your girlfriend or friend just sees your french fries and without any hesitation just grabs a few. I've had a woman who felt offended when I didn't allow her passage ahead of me at the door. It's no big deal for us guys but for women this is a big problem. Because my girl friends often complain about other girls screwing each other by taking advantage of each other. I think women privilege tend to hurt women in ways they don't realize it. I always appreciate women who recognize their privilege and appreciates when a guy offers them and they show gratitude rather than just abuse it.
I agree, an attitude of gratitude goes a long way!

Leave Daddy's plate alone!

Chris Rock - Big Piece Of Chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h1BEMMDuMI

Old 10-21-2022, 07:33 AM

841 posts, read 552,924 times
LOL, have you not seen all the memes about this?

I wouldn't even know what to search for to bring back up some, but I did remember this one:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships