Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 12:22 AM

1,555 posts, read 780,181 times

Advertisements

8, 9 and 10’s have shield on. You better be a Chad otherwise it’s rejection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 08:18 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
And this is an example of what I mean by "plausible deniability", the guy could (barely) say he was just trying to offer exceptional customer service. He's pushing the envelope I would use, but he's not outside it. Well he did sell you a 32 bottle package when you came in looking for a 12.

Good Lord, I love it when an attractive lady has car trouble. I'm good with cars, and I look like Superman when I fix their issue. Which I can frequently do.

Of course, it helps to be presentably dressed, and you have to be at least clean and not smelling like you just left the gym without showering after working out. Depending, if a gal has car trouble I can be a little scruffy as she is expecting a scruffy guy (but one she pays) to fix her issue.

But the above is an excellent example of how to make a cold approach work.

It's like in baseball. To make a run, you first have to at least make a base hit. You consistently get to first base, and you will get some runs scored, unless the rest of your team is a bunch of bums.
Yes! We're talking the same language!

By the way, he sold me a 32 pak because there wasn't a 12 pack. LOL

And...it IS like a game...and you're 'winning' if you enjoy playing the game, and if you actually score a date, then you hit a home run. Yay! But there's fun (and practice) in the flirtation and response...and if people could relax and enjoy it for that...they'd be happier I think.

Old 11-03-2022, 08:37 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Yes! We're talking the same language!

By the way, he sold me a 32 pak because there wasn't a 12 pack. LOL

And...it IS like a game...and you're 'winning' if you enjoy playing the game, and if you actually score a date, then you hit a home run. Yay! But there's fun (and practice) in the flirtation and response...and if people could relax and enjoy it for that...they'd be happier I think.
And if nothing comes of it you walk away feeling good about yourself. That counts too !

Old 11-03-2022, 09:05 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And if nothing comes of it you walk away feeling good about yourself. That counts too !
Totally agree!

Like Minivan said, understand that you're talking to a human. Not a Barbie. A person who is more than the sum of her body parts. Connecting with a human being...there's a LOT of good stuff in that...landing a date is gravy. The whipped cream and cherry on top of an already delicious ice cream soda, if you will.

And that's why I say start small. Chat up the old man in the grocery store, the lady waiting to get her oil changed, the lady buying the big heavy thing of water, etc. Interacting in a positive way with people IS rewarding and pleasant in itself.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:14 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Totally agree!

Like Minivan said, understand that you're talking to a human. Not a Barbie. A person who is more than the sum of her body parts. Connecting with a human being...there's a LOT of good stuff in that...landing a date is gravy. The whipped cream and cherry on top of an already delicious ice cream soda, if you will.

And that's why I say start small. Chat up the old man in the grocery store, the lady waiting to get her oil changed, the lady buying the big heavy thing of water, etc. Interacting in a positive way with people IS rewarding and pleasant in itself.

Yep. If you're not interested in talking with people in general, that means you're only interested in people based on what you can get from them. And if that's your attitude in life, people can sense that from a mile away.

I remember reading something once that's stuck with me: The measure of someone is how he treats someone who can't do him any material good.

Old 11-03-2022, 12:04 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yep. If you're not interested in talking with people in general, that means you're only interested in people based on what you can get from them. And if that's your attitude in life, people can sense that from a mile away.

I remember reading something once that's stuck with me: The measure of someone is how he treats someone who can't do him any material good.
And what I've heard that stuck with me is watch how they treat wait staff at restaurants.

Old 11-03-2022, 03:28 PM

880 posts, read 461,913 times
l've accidentally made embarrassing things twice last few wks, l could kick myself.Very unlike me .
l'm walking into one place, a really hot looking back car outside but you couldn't see a thing through the windows, nothing.
l dunno, just got caught up trying to see if l could see through the glass as l walked past and checking out the car.
Well , later l'm in the line inside waiting, nice looking lady in front of me but she seemed a touch edgy. Turned out it was her car and she was sitting in it while l was trying to see if l could see through the glass.
Then 20mins later l walk past her again in another store, she glared, thought l was following her after the weird car thing, then the line, then that.

Yesterday, someone's looking at a painting, l could see she was thinking about buying it and l'd spotted it too and wanted to see it up close but had to squash in a bit it was in a really cramped up spot. l said, that's a really nice piece, she gave me a look. l didn't realize we were so close and l was def' too in her space but it was a totally innocent slip, like car girl. l just got exited when l saw it, l painted for a living a long time, l'm into art.
Thought about saving some grace and saying sorry, l'm a painter got exited ha , if only she knew- but with that look l'm thinking ahh, better forget that. Like car girl, if only she knew l didn't even know she was even in the car and the line and other shop were just shear coincidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships