Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:22 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,103 times

Advertisements

You already know the answer to this question. The problem is with YOU, marrying unemployed losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
yes...very well aware of the "codependency" cycle that most nurses fall into, being caretakers by nature. and am making a conscientious effort to be learn what it is about me that seems to attract the helpless, needy, unemployed, dirtbroke, uninspired, unambitious, and lazy men.
regardless of the fact that i am a healthcare professional, college graduate, multi-llingual, world-traveled, and think that i carry myself well, it's just amazing how these men can pick me out of the crowd. i am very "amicable" socially-very friendly, outgoing, talkative,and never ignore people regardless of what "type" they are, so i'm easy to approach...it's just funny how these guys seem to have more "guts" to approach than the ones who are successful professionals (matter of fact, one of my male friends who is very successful/wealthy etc, who i dated a few times, told me that if i had not approached him, he would have never approached me-and i asked him why, and he said "because you seem like you got it all together, and have it all, and i would have assumed that you are already taken"....maybe the unemployed guys just have nothing to lose????
Either that or you are a very attractive blonde/good looking lady.. not sure..

On your discussion (in bold) this could be rather true. It is not very often that a woman who has it all together is looking for someone.. most stay single and go on with life.. (anyways, that has been my experience).

Secondly.. some males are intimidated by females of your stature.. yeap, I have to admit it.. some males want to be in control all the damn time.. and with your qualifications.. it would be more assuming that in a relationship with you.. it may not be that way... and your right.. unemployed men have nothing to lose.. they have nothing anyways...

Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
yes, i am accountable for my past decisions and take full responsibility. however, people CAN break patterns/cycles, when they gain insight within themselves. what i am trying to understand is how come several of the men i know who are in strong pursuit of me, are so angry that i won't give them a chance, saying that i am a gold digger because i wont allow myself to fall in love with their heart. and i understand what they are saying, but i think that is a character flaw for a healthy forty-something year old to not want to work, to be satisfied with living in a pop-up camper with a port-a-pottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
You already know the answer to this question. The problem is with YOU, marrying unemployed losers.

Last edited by NOTAM; 07-01-2008 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Quote:
yes, i am accountable for my past decisions and take full responsibility. however, people CAN break patterns/cycles, when they gain insight within themselves. what i am trying to understand is how come several of the men i know who are in strong pursuit of me, are so angry that i won't give them a chance, saying that i am a gold digger because i wont allow myself to fall in love with their heart.
Don't try to understand losers. You become one once you do

Old 07-01-2008, 09:31 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
Quote:
yes, i am accountable for my past decisions and take full responsibility. however, people CAN break patterns/cycles, when they gain insight within themselves. what i am trying to understand is how come several of the men i know who are in strong pursuit of me, are so angry that i won't give them a chance, saying that i am a gold digger because i wont allow myself to fall in love with their heart. and i understand what they are saying, but i think that is a character flaw for a healthy forty-something year old to not want to work, to be satisfied with living in a pop-up camper with a port-a-pottie

To be quite frank.. I feel you should stop worrying about it and go out and try to meet Mister "Right" he is out there.. I am sure of it.. there is nothing that those men can offer you...

Old 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
I totally agree. And I got women on here calling me an unemployed loser when I'm having a interview in August.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
and i understand what they are saying, but i think that is a character flaw for a healthy forty-something year old to not want to work, to be satisfied with living in a pop-up camper with a port-a-pottie
If they're satisfied, it's their business... not yours to lose sleep over.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:36 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I am really not sure of the point of the original post. Don't hook up with losers. There are plenty of hard working men out there if that is what you desire. Set your standards and stick with them, whatever they may be.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:38 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
well, as a matter of fact, i am tall, long blonde hair, blue eyes, average weight and considered attractive by men (though i think i am just an average country girl type). most men tell me that they would have never dreamed that i would be unattached, they always say "i thought at the very least you had a boyfriend, if not a husband"....
in terms of being in control, i understand that men want that-and hey, i am all for it! dont even mind them controlling my bank account, as long as they are PARTNERS with me financially, not sitting on their lazy asses drinking beer, watching sports, hunting and fishing on MY money they spent at Cabellas and Bass Pro!
i will admit that since I have never been with a man who makes more than I do, i am the one slightly intimidated. i have never had a man buy me a gift of any real value. heck, my ex's never even bought me an engagement ring when they proposed-i bought my own wedding ring with my own paycheck. sad yes. stupid yes. never again. it took 43 years to learn. but i reckon, better late than never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Either that or you are a very attractive blonde/good looking lady.. not sure..

On your discussion (in bold) this could be rather true. It is not very often that a woman who has it all together is looking for someone.. most stay single and go on with life.. (anyways, that has been my experience).

Secondly.. some males are intimidated by females of your stature.. yeap, I have to admit it.. some males want to be in control all the damn time.. and with your qualifications.. it would be more assuming that in a relationship with you.. it may not be that way... and your right.. unemployed men have nothing to lose.. they have nothing anyways...

Old 07-01-2008, 09:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I have been going to school part time taking nursing classes. I had an older man attach himself too me. He thought I was going to take care of him in his dotage. He talked about moving into my house etc.
I kept telling him that wasn't going to happen and finally I had to tell him to NEVER contact me again. I had tried to be friends with him but he acted like he was going to PUSH me into marrying him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships