Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 02:32 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,955,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Have you guys ever felt like you're trapped in a rut. I haven't been doing much the last few months, no vacations, not taking any kind of classes or doing much in the way of self improvement. I haven't wanted to take care of any kind of errands. Just pretty much trying to get through the work week and get home to relax on the weekends.

As I type this it sounds like I have depression, yet it doesn't feel like it. I don't know. Maybe its all the doom and gloom with the economy, stock market being in the crapper, housing down. Doing the same f ing job for the last 15 yrs.

Just stuck.

Anybody else feel this way or have in the past, and what did you do to shake it?

Just from my own personal experience, I think what you describe could be a combination of depression & everything else you've mentioned. Sometimes it's hard to figure out if one thing is a catalyst, or if an underlying reason is just waiting to burst thru the surface.

Have you had your thyroid checked? Mine was shot but not discovered until multiple varieties of anti-depressants were tried & did nothing but make me sick.

What about your exercise? Break a good sweat & your endorphins kick into high gear - an immediate mood booster.

I just "adopted" a soldier through a website & am having a blast! He gets a letter once a week & a care package filled with basics, food, treats, etc once a month. I enlist the neighbor kids to help me fill the package - they draw pictures & stuff. It is a great way to force myself to focus on someone who has it way worse than me.

Just some thoughts.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:19 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Oh, dear lord, I am going to scratch my eyes out in a minute...

My son has a friend spending the night and the kid is making me nuts. He is ADHD and forgot his medication, his parents are out of town for the evening and he started talking to me about politics...he sounds like a friggin' hybrid of Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh...

I may need to start self medicating...

Old 01-23-2009, 05:22 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

My son has a friend spending the night and the kid is making me nuts. He is ADHD and forgot his medication, his parents are out of town for the evening and he started talking to me about politics...he sounds like a friggin' hybrid of Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh...

Pissy Polly is on the way......

Old 01-23-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Pissy Polly is on the way......
It is soooo bad! I can understand why so many mothers become alcoholics now...sheesh Do you think he would tell on me if I made him sleep in the closet in the basement? The one with the lock on it? And the sound proof walls???

Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,609 times
Quote:
It is soooo bad! I can understand why so many mothers become alcoholics now...sheesh Do you think he would tell on me if I made him sleep in the closet in the basement? The one with the lock on it? And the sound proof walls???
Just throw him a shovel and tell him to go out back and dig a 3x6 hole 6 ft deep.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:

And where are you anyway? Entertaining that idiot?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Quote:

My son has a friend spending the night and the kid is making me nuts. He is ADHD and forgot his medication,
Maybe you need to remind the parents next time, to bring the medication!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM

The little crapper is in the basement and has finally shut up...ugh! His mother must be a saint since she has not choked him yet...

Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,674,830 times
Is this kid even old enough to worry about politics yet?

Old 01-23-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Is this kid even old enough to worry about politics yet?
NO!! That annoys the crap out of me more than anything...he is just spouting stupid propaganda that he hears at home...and he said something nasty about a friend of ours who is in an elected position
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships