Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:59 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times

Advertisements

OMG!! She talks exactly like my wife!! They have the exact same accent. Saw her youtube profile page and there is no way in heck she is only 28 years old.

She's kinda hot though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
She's kinda hot though.
Give it five years. Bet you won't be saying it then. Nothing sadder than an aging party girl.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:11 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Killer, you just don't know much about women, do you? Okay, sit down, boy, while I stuff my pipe here....

See, it goes like this. Almost ALL women at some time in their lives strike a pose and say, "Why I'm never getting married. Blah blah blah blah blah blahbity blah blah." What's more, for a few years, they may actually mean it, prompted by the ghost of Betty Friedan and worried that they'll live out the lives in some Stepford Wife existence. They'll curl their lips and mutter unkind words about the 50s and domesticity, never thinking for a moment that huge numbers of married women live intellectually and emotionally fulfilling existences. For it is the article of faith among this crowd that, immediately after saying "I do," women are taken into a back room and lobotomized, and manacles slapped onto their wrists and ankles.

Yet, about the time they hit 25 or 30 or 32, they snap. Suddenly, most of their really good friends have wandered down the aisle and are not dealing with the dating treadmill anymore. They're decorating kitchens or having dinner parties or cooing over their newborns in the Aprica strollers--while still managing to maintain their identities. To those women, suddenly all those fascinating conversations about who's dating whom and who got sick at the bar and all that other single woman drama seems to be trivial and inane. The conversation lags at the lunch table, and the married friends eyes glaze over, and they suddenly say, "Well, Tina, this was great, but I've really got to go." They resolve to do it again sometime, but somehow the invitations only come as an afterthought, when there's a blank spot at the dinner party, or some cute guy is in need of a not-so-subtle fix-up.

At that point, the woman like the one in the video looks around and sees all her friends happy and serene in their married lives (Except for the ones who married losers, of course), and begins noticing that, more and more, she's hanging out with vapid single girls who are all 5-10 years younger than she is. Suddenly, her fun little world is empty and devoid of nutritional content. A grim sense of "been there, done that" descends on her like a cloud, casting a pall on her little whirlwind of parties, concerts, and two-month relationships with one anonymous bad boy after another.

So, at age 32 or so, she snaps and starts frantically combing through her list of married friends. "Do you know any single guys?" is the typical question asked about three nanoseconds into the conversation, right after the obligatory "how have you been" questions and answers. And then, she's in a race against the clock, scouring the single world for a suitable partner with all the fervor of a Spanish conquistador plundering an Inca city in quest of a few golden idols.

It's not pretty, but it happens so often that it's almost cliché. We've known tons of women like that.

You know that movie, The Man Who Understood Women? I haven't seen it but it seems like you do!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Or he could pack a lunch and scan through Sex and the City.. Especially noting that even Carrie eventually got married, "settling" for a mega rich, handsome guy....a fairy tail
Ever watch two or three of those in a row? Suddenly one becomes very depressed.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
You know that movie, The Man Who Understood Women? I haven't seen it but it seems like you do!
Why thank you. It's just listening and observing. Believe it or not, I talk less then I listen.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,192,866 times
And then, let's roll the clock ahead until they get into their 60s and 70s. Health problems start, they have to call a cab to get to the doctor because they don't have a husband that still drives.

Or, they need help getting up and down the steps and there is no one around.

Or, they don't have the strength in those arthritic fingers to open a bottle or stubborn box.

Or, later, they can't bend over to cut their toenails and the social security check isn't big enough to pay for pedicures.

Or they have to have surgery and someone to fetch and tote for them when they get home.

Sure is nice to have a man around the house. Men are well worth the trouble. Please deliver me from having no one but females to talk to.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:28 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
And then, let's roll the clock ahead until they get into their 60s and 70s. Health problems start, they have to call a cab to get to the doctor because they don't have a husband that still drives.

Or, they need help getting up and down the steps and there is no one around.

Or, they don't have the strength in those arthritic fingers to open a bottle or stubborn box.

Or, later, they can't bend over to cut their toenails and the social security check isn't big enough to pay for pedicures.

Or they have to have surgery and someone to fetch and tote for them when they get home.

Sure is nice to have a man around the house. Men are well worth the trouble. Please deliver me from having no one but females to talk to.
Now I'm throughly depressed

Old 01-24-2009, 10:30 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Give it five years. Bet you won't be saying it then. Nothing sadder than an aging party girl.

Especially with cellulite in her chest. I think it took over her small brain.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Especially with cellulite in her chest. I think it took over her small brain.
Oh, and don't forget the Samsonite skin from too many visits to the tanning bed. Seriously, the woman in this video is like somebody straight out of central casting. You just know how she's going to end up, and it's really sad.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
She is super popular on youtube. Most of her videos get 300k in one week. Thousands of people subscribe to her. Now she is saying: don't get married!

YouTube - Getting married... Nooo!

I couldn't believe it until I saw it !
First of all she isn't nearly as popular as some of the more talented people like Davedaves and lisanova. Dave has vidoes that are approaching 20 million hits, and lisa is pretty AND TALENTED!

If you've been watching her stuff she has aged tremendously in the past few years. Her lifestyle is showing. Her then, her now? I wonder what she'll look like in 2-3 years? 50? she went from looking twenty to late 30's in two years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships