Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 01:37 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
They get stuck with bad women because those women prey on spineless guys. Boy could I give you a list of the 'good' but spineless guys that put up with all kinds of stuff from bad women. I think you are right.
I don't like the terms "bad women" and "spineless". Perhaps, considering someone's feelings can work against you, but the classic closing line of the bad boys - "F**k off b|tch!" is not the way I'd like to be known.

Unfortunately, some women collect and nurture problems so that there is never a good time to break it off. It seems to me that this is the only way they know how to keep a "relationship" going! But at some point, you have to make the break. Who'd want to "own" those problems?

Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I personally don't think nice has to equal boring. But a lot of women seem to have that mindset.
Given the difficult most nice men have, I can understand why many young women don't want to have kids with them. However, they often under estimate the difficulty landing one once, they have a ready made family and need some real support. Their attitude seems to be: "The place was crawling with them 10 years ago. Where did they go? I haven't changed!"

Old 02-14-2009, 07:02 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
Violent, Narssisstic men win most of the "Battles of Life" and often will stoop to anything to get for themselves and their offspring. Despite what women will say on a conscious level, they want a man who will bring the bread home, even if he stole it.....

What's ironic is that this eventually becomes a determent down the road, since once all the nice guy "producers" are gone, then what good is a G?

Oh well, such is life.

-Signed,

A Nice Guy...

Old 02-14-2009, 07:08 AM

26 posts, read 40,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
What's ironic is that this eventually becomes a determent down the road, since once all the nice guy "producers" are gone, then what good is a G?
You get what you paid for!

Old 02-14-2009, 12:51 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,679,941 times
Default The only "Bread"

I want to bring home is a CD of the 70's band. She can bring home her own bread since mine'll never be enough anyway!!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:08 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
There is a difference in being nice and on the other hand being a pushover.

For me I would say I am a nice guy in that I am polite and friendly. However the key is that I have boundaries with people. In regards to women, I am not here to be your free meals and entertainment provider, I am not here to mop up after you, I am not here for you to wail and moan at, I am not here to be abused, I am not here for you to run my life. There are certain ways I expect to be treated and certain standards I expect other wise there is NO relationship.

The other thing is confidence. I know what I want. Despite all the "i am woman" feminist drivel, women are not natural leaders and look to men for outwards direction. They hate men that don't have direction. Absolutely hate them. If you are a "nice guy" and don't have some *******s and some direction and know what you want, you are screwed. It was remarkable for me once I started being more confident and assertive what a change happened. Like night and day.

Bad boys. I find all women have this little tick in their brain to "fix" other people. Women can deny, deny, deny, but women are inwards looking creatures concerned about relationships and feelings and have an innate desire to fix people. That's why the bad boys are appealing. It's a challenge. Yet I believe you can be challenging without being a prick. Where nice guys screw up is they throw rose petals in the path the woman and are begging to lick the toe jam from between their toes. Don't be so damn easy and pathetic. Have some boundaries, have some mystery about yourself, have some self esteem.

I heard a lot of nice guys complaining about "hot chicks" hooking into scuzz ball dudes and getting upset because these hot chicks ignore them. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps the reason they have the beach ball fake boobs, the fake blonde hair, the make up and sleazy clothes is because they are desperate to be noticed and they've got low self esteem? The real hot chicks are the ones that have a little mystery and don't have the goods on display for sale and often have better bodies once you get their knickers off than those other silly girls.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:35 AM

Default wait a second

I have a good, decent steady job, am independent and have had one for the past 18 years. prior to getting my masters 18 years ago I might have been described as directionless(actually that was more like 23 years ago) however in terms of my future, I am undecided as to the path that my life and career will take. does this make me hate-able? i mean, i'm not an entrepreneur type but am i screwed as you say?

Old 02-15-2009, 06:38 AM

Default what i'm trying to say

is if i am undecided as to my next career move or job will this make me hateable? or is hateable the type of guy who lives with mama and never separated from his nest? i'm confused

Old 02-15-2009, 09:28 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,612,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
There is a difference in being nice and on the other hand being a pushover.

For me I would say I am a nice guy in that I am polite and friendly. However the key is that I have boundaries with people. In regards to women, I am not here to be your free meals and entertainment provider, I am not here to mop up after you, I am not here for you to wail and moan at, I am not here to be abused, I am not here for you to run my life. There are certain ways I expect to be treated and certain standards I expect other wise there is NO relationship.

The other thing is confidence. I know what I want. Despite all the "i am woman" feminist drivel, women are not natural leaders and look to men for outwards direction. They hate men that don't have direction. Absolutely hate them. If you are a "nice guy" and don't have some *******s and some direction and know what you want, you are screwed. It was remarkable for me once I started being more confident and assertive what a change happened. Like night and day.

Bad boys. I find all women have this little tick in their brain to "fix" other people. Women can deny, deny, deny, but women are inwards looking creatures concerned about relationships and feelings and have an innate desire to fix people. That's why the bad boys are appealing. It's a challenge. Yet I believe you can be challenging without being a prick. Where nice guys screw up is they throw rose petals in the path the woman and are begging to lick the toe jam from between their toes. Don't be so damn easy and pathetic. Have some boundaries, have some mystery about yourself, have some self esteem.

I heard a lot of nice guys complaining about "hot chicks" hooking into scuzz ball dudes and getting upset because these hot chicks ignore them. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps the reason they have the beach ball fake boobs, the fake blonde hair, the make up and sleazy clothes is because they are desperate to be noticed and they've got low self esteem? The real hot chicks are the ones that have a little mystery and don't have the goods on display for sale and often have better bodies once you get their knickers off than those other silly girls.

Please. There are plenty of girls dating "Homeboys" who live at home with their moms, have no job and no future. The difference is they have the snarly attitudes and tat jobs that drive women's hormones crazy.

I agree that you shouldn't be spineless, but more often than not, the term "Nice Guy" is simply a cover women use to not have to admit that they desire anti-social behavior in men. They like violence and power.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:44 AM

904 posts, read 2,872,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Since "nice guy" has such a negative connotation to so many, what is really needed is a new thread to find a better, more descriptive name for these guys. Like any basically good product, the right marketing would do wonders.
How about "good guy?" I've always preferred that phrase to "nice guy," and for exactly that reason. Most good guys are nice, but not all nice guys are good - some of them are spineless, and some are phony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships