Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

I profusely Thanked the ParaMedic Team...the ER Doctors, Nurses...the Cardiac Surgeon & Team...when i had a heartattack...

They Saved my life...

ThankYou...

Jack Hawk.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:26 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I profusely Thanked the ParaMedic Team...the ER Doctors, Nurses...the Cardiac Surgeon & Team...when i had a heartattack...

They Saved my life...

ThankYou...

Jack Hawk.

Shhhhh, don't tell anybody they were good to you...the docs are vilified here!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:55 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

They Saved my life...

ThankYou...

Jack Hawk.

Nice, Hawk. And I'm glad they were so good at their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Shhhhh, don't tell anybody they were good to you...the docs are vilified here!
I wrote a thank-you note to the ER doctor who had to come out and tell my mom her long-time SO had passed away. He was so sweet and apologetic that they couldn't have done more. I appreciated it so much.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Nice, Hawk. And I'm glad they were so good at their job.

I wrote a thank-you note to the ER doctor who had to come out and tell my mom her long-time SO had passed away. He was so sweet and apologetic that they couldn't have done more. I appreciated it so much.
I'm sure he appreciated it immensely...I wrote a note to the internist who helped my grandmother when she was ill because so many times they are not thanked properly...very kind of you Sea

Old 01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Fye

5 posts, read 10,397 times
Default job stability

In this economy job stability has become pretty darn important. It's hard to imagine another career other than medicine where you can find a 6-figure job in just about any city or small town in America, recession or boom. The value of this becomes obvious when the doctor's spouse's career takes off, requiring for instance relocation, etc. Also although the hours in medicine are rough, if you're an independent woman with your own career and interests, it actually becomes an advantage as there is less boredom, neediness and jealousy from either side.

So it's kind of odd to see the large number of doctor-bashers in this thread. Whatever floats their boats I guess.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Normally, I would say that someone's occupation should be low down on the list of criteria for a mate, but doctors are a different breed. Unfortunately, we are on the job so often in our daily lives that it is hard to separate the two. I can understand why some people think we are arrogant, because in so many of our specialties a certain degree of "confidence" is required, and it isn't so easy to turn off when we leave the hospital or office. I just look at it as a potential job hazard.

For example, I am very mild mannered, as are many Anesthesiologists. We have to be, just to be able to deal with surgeons all day. But when the patient is in trouble and his or her life is at risk, we HAVE to be able to make the surgeon stand back and let us save the patient. For those of you who know surgeons, this isn't always such an easy task. Since we are far more qualified in this area than they are, when we argue with them, WE HAVE TO BE RIGHT. If we show any sign of weakness, the surgeon will interfere, and likely risk the patient's life. Why am I telling you this? Because as I said, these things cant just be turned on and off like a light switch. When one person has to be right, it is not always the best thing in a personal relationship. Luckily, I found a wife who lets me "be right"...

...and then goes and does whatever she wants, anyway.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
nothing but fun, status, money, even if you divorce them you will get a piece of the practice.
life is good. if doctors do stupid things, what hope is there for guys like us?

Old 02-07-2010, 07:25 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
nothing but fun, status, money, even if you divorce them you will get a piece of the practice.
life is good. if doctors do stupid things, what hope is there for guys like us?
I'm coming to believe that your offerings of gender bashing is a bit of an addiction. Some pleasure center in your brain is titillated when you do it and you just can't help yourself.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:32 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm coming to believe that your offerings of gender bashing is a bit of an addiction. Some pleasure center in your brain is titillated when you do it and you just can't help yourself.

I have to agree here. It is getting tiresome.

I have no love for doctors over any other profession or job.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
medical doctor is not a gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships