Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 PM

904 posts, read 2,874,928 times

Advertisements

I can't believe I wasted twenty minutes of my life reading that thing...did he seriously suggest that women forfeit the right to vote?

I'll concede that he had a few vague points half-correct (the whole "hypergamy" thing - I think that's generally true), but there was so much crap in there, and his reasoning was imbued with a distinct lack of logic, and an unfettered misogyny, that I want to start spelling "women" with a "y."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 07:19 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,614,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I didn't know there was a problem out there between the sexes. Meeting women and socializing hasn't changed much over the years. If a woman is into you, she's not thinking about feminist agendas. There is a mutual attraction and you're both putting your best foot forward and hopefully being honest. You go through the "getting to know you" phase of dating and take it one day at a time. It's not very complicated, at least I never thought it was. You're either a good match for one another or you aren't. I don't think anyone needs a thesis or dissertation to tell them how to think, react or weed out a prospective partner. Nature has been running its course since time began and there is no substitute for good old chemistry. Chemistry and attraction trumps activism and social trends every time.
Keep your head on straight buddy, looks like you have a healthy outlook on life. Don't let the pack rats take it away from you!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:34 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,814,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Do you have him under surveillance? Or is this just your take on the situation? I.e. the grass is always greener on the other side.
No, but believe me, I know. I won't go into the whole story again but see other threads by me.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:16 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,006,004 times
I click on the link, and I get an "access denied" screen from my employer's filter system.

The referenced site is tagged as "Intolerance and hate". My interest stopped right there.

And this is the second access denied screen I got today. I clicked on another link and the filter had it under some sexually suggestive site. CD's gonna get me fired!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,365 times
He wrote 3 articles (well 4) on feminism. All 3 here:
Public Box from Box.net - Share your files securely online (http://public.box.net/mensarefugee26388 - broken link)

The fourth is at: F. Roger Devlin -- Home economics, part I

Old 03-10-2009, 01:28 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,799,207 times
Relationships suck anyway might as well become a monk.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,199,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
I feel like a college professor asking students to actively engage the class reading. Today's reading is an excellent essay on modern sexual trends and attraction between men and women: F. Roger Devlin's "Sexual Utopia in Power"

http://www.theoccidentalquarterly.com/archives/vol6no2/DevlinTOQV6N2.pdf (broken link)

Chief topics covered:
- Past & current mating trends between males and females and why they exist and change
- Date-rape, the feminist twists on it and how this has drastically altered mating patterns
- Why honest young-middle-aged men cannot find wives or even sex
- Everything the feminist movement has done to the sexual regime
- The breakdown of the institution of marriage and families
- more, etc.

I found this essay a few months ago and absolutely loved it. After rereading it several times, taking careful effort to understand his sophisticated style and diction, I have never felt more enlightened about the current sexual regime and how it came to be than now.

There are literally dozens of subjects in this to discuss, and so I want to open it up to the forum and have a discussion. If people have the time & interest to read it, I await your discourse.
I think the abstract for this essay should read as follows:

"Why can't clueless, socially retarded goobers find wives anymore? In this essay the author will totally ignore the liberating idea that woman don't have to be married to make their way in the world, so they can marry when and if they damned well please. The author will also totally ignore the fact that most women don't want to be chained to a man who will spend the bulk of his weekends farting in the EZ Chair while watching ESPN. Instead, the author will try to blame his ongoing lack of success in the realm of dating and marriage by using a bunch of pseudo-philosophical nonsense, thereby saying that the fault lies not in himself, but in The Pill and Gloria Steinem."

In short, it's a bunch of nonsense. Heck, any essay that begins with "White birthrates" is already suspect to begin with, particularly since family planning is an absolute economic good.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,651,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
For those who are not familiar, the Occidental Quarterly is a “journal” that is, in fact, a racist and sexist outlet for the publication of some of the most obnoxious opinion on the stage today. It is the KKK on paper, a venue by which hatemongers can spew their putrid lies and disseminate their agenda of bias and hate.
This would explain why this link is blocked at my company because it falls under the category of "racism and hate". For once, I'm glad I work somewhere with a web filter.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:04 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,873,421 times
lmao I read about 30% of it and it is spot on.

Almost everything I read was spot on.

Essentially feminism has destroyed family and marriage so as a man you are a fool to get married. Even relationships are questionable. Just stay single, get a vasectomy and be polygamous. What more does a man need, honestly?

Same thing for you laides, forget about marriage. You don't want to be stuck washing dishes for the rest of your life, do you?

Quote:
I click on the link, and I get an "access denied" screen from my employer's filter system.

The referenced site is tagged as "Intolerance and hate". My interest stopped right there.

And this is the second access denied screen I got today. I clicked on another link and the filter had it under some sexually suggestive site. CD's gonna get me fired
I wouldn't browse the internet for personal reasons while at work.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,264,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
lmao I read about 30% of it and it is spot on.

Almost everything I read was spot on.
Hmmmm, have you done your research on The Occidental? Look into it and see if you still believe it is "spot on"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships