Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:17 PM

795 posts, read 1,391,830 times

Advertisements

I feel like a college professor asking students to actively engage the class reading. Today's reading is an excellent essay on modern sexual trends and attraction between men and women: F. Roger Devlin's "Sexual Utopia in Power"

http://www.theoccidentalquarterly.com/archives/vol6no2/DevlinTOQV6N2.pdf (broken link)

Chief topics covered:
- Past & current mating trends between males and females and why they exist and change
- Date-rape, the feminist twists on it and how this has drastically altered mating patterns
- Why honest young-middle-aged men cannot find wives or even sex
- Everything the feminist movement has done to the sexual regime
- The breakdown of the institution of marriage and families
- more, etc.

I found this essay a few months ago and absolutely loved it. After rereading it several times, taking careful effort to understand his sophisticated style and diction, I have never felt more enlightened about the current sexual regime and how it came to be than now.

There are literally dozens of subjects in this to discuss, and so I want to open it up to the forum and have a discussion. If people have the time & interest to read it, I await your discourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 03:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
I don't have time to read it now, but it looks interesting. Thank you.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:41 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,077 times
I'm not sure, but if you were planning on taking your kids to see Watchmen, because you know, it's based on a comic book...HALT! iT'S based on an Adult Graphic Novel and has the hottest kinky sex scenes I've seen in movies recently! Not to mention the all powerful hero runs around well endowedly naked through the whole movie!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:47 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,896,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I'm not sure, but if you were planning on taking your kids to see Watchmen, because you know, it's based on a comic book...HALT! iT'S based on an Adult Graphic Novel and has the hottest kinky sex scenes I've seen in movies recently! Not to mention the all powerful hero runs around well endowedly naked through the whole movie!
Really? Is there male frontal nudity? If so, I'll rent the DVD when it comes out and check it out.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Really? Is there male frontal nudity? If so, I'll rent the DVD when it comes out and check it out.
Why bother? Just go to craigslist's Casual Encounters!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:56 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
That thing is 30 pages long! Looks depressing, anytime I see the words feminist movement associated with sex and men, it can't be a good thing.

Now give me back my red-blooded American MAN!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 04:01 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
That thing is 30 pages long! Looks depressing, anytime I see the words feminist movement associated with sex and men, it can't be a good thing.
Is there a cliff notes version of the friggin thing. Ain't spending my time reading 30 pages of psycho bable.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:25 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,835,476 times
I used my speed reading technique and my fast scroll key and went through the article in about six seconds until I came to this near the end:

"Men are supposed to have authority over women; that is part of what a marriage is. Equality of the sexes makes men less attractive to women; it has probably contributed significantly to the decline in Western birthrates. It is time to put an end to it."

I wish I had those six seconds back. I could have done something as equally rewarding like picking my nose and eating boogers.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 PM

I admit it's long, but it's super-engaging. Even the first time I read it, I couldn't put it down 'till I finished. It applies to almost everyone here, and you don't need to read all of it to get a sense for what he's saying. I just think it's very interesting and helps men and women understand a ton about how mating trends are currently the way they are and why people are getting left out.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I used my speed reading technique and my fast scroll key and went through the article in about six seconds until I came to this near the end:

"Men are supposed to have authority over women; that is part of what a marriage is. Equality of the sexes makes men less attractive to women; it has probably contributed significantly to the decline in Western birthrates. It is time to put an end to it."

I wish I had those six seconds back. I could have done something as equally rewarding like picking my nose and eating boogers.
Well of course, any ominous statement like that sounds crazy when you take it out of context. If you actually read the essay you'll understand why he says that and that his claims are clearly justified, even if you don't necessarily agree.

This guy isn't just some frustrated internet blogger - he knows what he's talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships