Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,659,171 times

Advertisements

If the economy were good, I would definitely consider moving for the right person, unless of course they lived in Siberia or something. But these days, it would be hard to move somewhere even if Mrs. Right were there if I also had to worry about being unemployed. Hard to start a life with someone when you have no money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 AM

37,702 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
What I would truly love would be for a man to drag me off to his place in the Carribean. That would be my dream. Spend everyday in a bathing suit with my toes in the sand.
I'd be tempted to go for the same thing!!! Sounds lovely!!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,248,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'd be tempted to go for the same thing!!! Sounds lovely!!
Sweethearts!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:38 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,457,191 times
Default How far would you relocate for the right person?

Personally, I would relocate as far away as possible from the in laws.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:55 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,652,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Me too. I'm over 200 miles from them as it is and still not far enough...

Seriously though I would relocate pretty much anywhere with my Fiance, but then I know he would never go somewhere I hated ( like hot places for example) so it's a fairly easy decision. We make all decisions about our life together as a couple and we know what places to avoid looking at.

For example last year he applied for a Job in Alberta, Canada , both of us discussed it and were fine with the idea of moving there. It has to be a joint decision otherwise you will end up with arguments, unhappiness and frustration which is always bad for a relationship.

We have pretty similar tastes so he would never be interested in a place I loathed.

If you really love someone, nothing should get in the way though. Life's too short .
I always have itchy feet anyway and ideally would move every 2/3 years if we could. So moving has never been a problem for me, I have done it all my life. I love being in new surroundings and living in different places , it is what makes life exciting. If moving jobs was easier my Fiance and I would be moving all the time ...

As long as it's not hot and humid I'm OK.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:35 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,505,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
At the other end of the world if necessary (I'd just make sure I'm not financially dependent upon that person...)
BING BING BING! Ladies and Gents. we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,659,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
LOL. There was a study that showed a direct correlation between the longevity of marriage and distance from in-laws. The farther away a couple lived from their families, the longer the marriage lasted. Ha ha.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:30 AM

167 posts, read 478,986 times
Laughing... you get used to it, then come to love it. Everything but the mosquitoes. If I go to a dry or cold state or it gets below 65 here I am freezing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My wife is moving +/- 7,000 miles (to Alaska). And I would move that far over there if it came down to it. Fortunately Sweden is very similar to Alaska so it wouldn't be much of a climate shock for me.
I could no way move to a desert area or a humid area. The 2 times I wintered in Arkansas I had to leave in May because of the heat. I don't know how you people do it!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
Not one inch. Its taken me all these years and a lot of hard work to get my little farm and crappy house. Its not much, but Im happy here with my pond, woods, horses, goats, chickens, rabbits, dogs and cats LOL. I have my job, independance, my sons, family, and friends. I have survived 2 crappy marriages and believe there is not a man out there that I would give up my life for.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:52 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,505,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiling_nurse View Post
Laughing... you get used to it, then come to love it. Everything but the mosquitoes. If I go to a dry or cold state or it gets below 65 here I am freezing.
I dont think nurses looked this good when i was a kid! Old and frumpy is what i remember!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships