Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 05:35 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,744,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
To reiterate, not in my case. My husband is smitten. He's bizarrely smitten. We met in the late 90s. I don't know how someone can have a crush for that long, but that's how it is.

Well I don't know the guy. I just know that everyone says the same thing: 'doesn't apply to me.' Impossible for 'everyone' to fit into that very small boat. So a lot of those people are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,991,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
My Exact words ! when are Americans going to learn to get the "GOVERNMENT" out of their personal business, you can live together , you can have children , you can conduct all kinds of personal business without asking the "GOVERNMENT" for permission , Next you or someone will be thinking the government should have to give you permission to paint your house. My thought is for this year " Don't ask your Government to do for you, what you should be doing for your self" You would really be surprised to find out what you don't need permission from the government to do but because someone thought it would make money for them , that it should be a law , and low and behold Government make a new law ( a way to collect money) .. free at last ! when in need I resolve the problem my self!
Yeah. Maybe, with divorce so prevalent and the process causing such hard feelings, we should do away with marriage as we now know it.

One problem these days is that men seem to marry women who have less money than they, less earning capacity. Then when the marriage falls apart, she has a claim on his assets. If he used good judgment up front, in choosing a fitting partner that would not happen. I think men like to be looked up to, they (some) like to be in charge and there are a lot of very pretty girls who know how to feed into that weakness.

The bigger problem comes with the children. Both parties are responsible for that. What if there should be no children born without proof of parentage AND both parents must show proof that they can afford to support the child?

Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
To reiterate, not in my case. My husband is smitten. He's bizarrely smitten. We met in the late 90s. I don't know how someone can have a crush for that long, but that's how it is.
And sadly, no matter how often we tell other posters about our wonderful men and their feelings for us there are always those who just don't want to hear the truth

Old 03-30-2012, 05:48 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,216,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well I don't know the guy. I just know that everyone says the same thing: 'doesn't apply to me.' Impossible for 'everyone' to fit into that very small boat. So a lot of those people are wrong.
I don't think it applies to everyone. Only the people who are saying it. They are not everyone. Most people probably don't say it because it doesn't apply.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,216,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
And sadly, no matter how often we tell other posters about our wonderful men and their feelings for us there are always those who just don't want to hear the truth
Well, we are in a minority, but that minority is still comprised of a boat load of people. I'll also add that my hubby is looking damn hot lately.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think it applies to everyone. Only the people who are saying it. They are not everyone. Most people probably don't say it because it doesn't apply.

ok Braunwyn that is fine. It's not that I don't want to 'hear the truth' but looks at how the majority of them behave and acts and of course you have to come to the conclusion that there's a very small percentage that are decent and going to stick around for the long haul. Everybody want to squeeze their situation into that percentage if you ask them. So I say there is an expiration date and many don't know what it is.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Well, we are in a minority, but that minority is still comprised of a boat load of people. I'll also add that my hubby is looking damn hot lately.
Right - even if happily married people are a minority, we are still a very large minority. And people need to know that good, happy marriages are possible and do actually exist

Ditto on the hotness thing

Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
ok Braunwyn that is fine. It's not that I don't want to 'hear the truth' but looks at how the majority of them behave and acts and of course you have to come to the conclusion that there's a very small percentage that are decent and going to stick around for the long haul. Everybody want to squeeze their situation into that percentage if you ask them. So I say there is an expiration date and many don't know what it is.
Didn't mean you in particular "don't want to hear the truth" - was actually referring to the guys here, and on all the other threads, who think all married men are somehow miserable and want "out"

Old 03-30-2012, 06:01 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,794,567 times
Quote:
Right - even if happily married people are a minority, we are still a very large minority. And people need to know that good, happy marriages are possible and do actually exist

Ditto on the hotness thing
Yeah they exist and I don't give a about finding one. I just want some every now and again like the guy in the other thread without paying for it.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Didn't mean you in particular "don't want to hear the truth" - was actually referring to the guys here, and on all the other threads, who think all married men are somehow miserable and want "out"
Oh Okay.

Well lump me in with that b/c I believes they are miserable and wants to find a way out and likely will do so in the near future unfortunately for the wives . They're never happy with the status quo, grass is always greener, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships