Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

Women who were too picky suddenly think, when they are ready to settle at age 40, that the world should still revolve around them. If they really want a 40 year old guy, they should have done something about it 10 to 15 years earlier. [edit: Reading further, this should be revised to 15 to 25 years earlier]
So, doing the math here, you're saying that girls who want 40-year-old guys should have started as young as 15 years of age to look?

Eew. And double eew.

I'm taking it you don't have a teenage daughter. If you did, you'd be shuddering that you even typed such a suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So, doing the math here, you're saying that girls who want 40-year-old guys should have started as young as 15 years of age to look?

Eew. And double eew.

I'm taking it you don't have a teenage daughter. If you did, you'd be shuddering that you even typed such a suggestion.

Hi JerZ,

The next step, since the math results in absurdity, is to realize that he meant women should begin their searches much earlier, not that there should be 25 year age spreads. I also do not mean to imply that there is anything wrong with a 25 year old spre....

Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi JerZ,

The next step, since the math results in absurdity, is to realize that he meant women should begin their searches much earlier, not that there should be 25 year age spreads. I also do not mean to imply that there is anything wrong with a 25 year old spre....
He specifically said that if a woman wants to attract a 40-year-old man she should start 15-25 years earlier than the age of 40 (as he was speaking specifically of women who start "their searches" at age 40). Go back and re-read.

I don't wish to imply a 25-year spread is terrible either...but I still stand by the fact that it is rare. Again...anyone who is curious about how common this really is, think about everyone you personally know and work out what percentage of those people have a very large age difference. It's a myth that 40-year-old guys marrying 20-year-old women is incredibly common. It's still the minority, for sure.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He specifically said that if a woman wants to attract a 40-year-old man she should start 15-25 years earlier than the age of 40 (as he was speaking specifically of women who start "their searches" at age 40). Go back and re-read.

I don't wish to imply a 25-year spread is terrible either...but I still stand by the fact that it is rare. Again...anyone who is curious about how common this really is, think about everyone you personally know and work out what percentage of those people have a very large age difference. It's a myth that 40-year-old guys marrying 20-year-old women is incredibly common. It's still the minority, for sure.
If they really want a 40 year old guy, they should have done something about it 10 to 15 years earlier.

That is ambiguous. Well, if he wants, he can clear it up.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
If they really want a 40 year old guy, they should have done something about it 10 to 15 years earlier.

That is ambiguous. Well, if he wants, he can clear it up.
No, he very deliberately corrected himself to "15 to 25 years". Won't you please go back and reread, gwynedd?? That would clear all this up.

Yes, he can speak for himself, I'm sure. I'm just going off what he actually said...no semantics, no playing around with what a person may have meant, but just what the dude said, plain and simple. (shrug) I'm not playing dumb here to make a point...this is how I read it.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:35 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
men reject women in their own age group unless these women are exceptionally beautiful, which isn't really fair,
Well, put yourself in a man's shoes for a moment...

15-year old girl (with no car) rejects 15-year old boy (with no car) for the 17-year old senior on the varsity football team with a car. Unless, of course, the 15-year old boy is exceptionally attractive. That's not fair.

18-year old girl rejects 18-year old college freshman for 20-year old pre-med college junior. Unless, of course, the 18-year old freshman is exceptionally attractive. That's not fair.

24-year old girl (who's broke) rejects 24-year old MBA student (who's also broke) for 28-year old investment banker at Morgan Stanley earning six figures. Unless, of course, the 22-year old MBA student is exceptionally attractive. That's not fair.

Men go through the same thing too. It's awfully funny that you don't hear women complain about older men liking younger women when they're in their 20s. It's not until age starts to work against women that they get upset about men liking younger women. Here's the silver lining:

Women like tall men. But most men are not tall, never have been, and never will be.

Men like young women. All women have been "young" at some point in their lives. That's a leg up on men, I think.

Take it for what it's worth. Live with it.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 11-18-2010 at 12:50 PM..

Old 11-18-2010, 03:32 PM

I think what BajanYankee is really saying is the contract will not be renegotiated.

Incidentally, there is always someone you can date, even your own age. The problem is they are usually a lot like you are, undesirable.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Thank god I get hotter with age. Love being a man

Old 11-18-2010, 04:30 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
I think what BajanYankee is really saying is the contract will not be renegotiated.

Incidentally, there is always someone you can date, even your own age. The problem is they are usually a lot like you are, undesirable.
Well this is certainly true... but its a bitter pill to swallow. It's easier to remain delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Thank god I get hotter with age. Love being a man
I've never seen a man "get hotter" after the age of 40. (They do well with women because their earning power increases after 40, not because they start looking better.) I doubt you are the exception.

I guess delusions can be found in both sexes.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
They do well with women because their earning power increases after 40, not because they start looking better.

I guess delusions can be found in both sexes.
I've never met a man who was deluded about this. Most are obsessed about earning more, if they can't get a reasonable date. They know this is the secret. The rest just opt out. This is why older women claim they are invisible.

Its the guys who attract women with their looks who are delusional. They think that it will last forever, or until they are able to find a woman to support them, since men "mature" instead of aging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships