Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:10 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsonkicker View Post
Well I wouldn't say I dislike them. But when I hear women say I don't play games like this, I don't believe them.
Yeah, sorry, I have to call any woman under the age of 50 on this one, this one is like some guy saying he's got a 10+inch pecker, a bunch I'm sure have convinced themselves in their own mind that they do, I think most would demand proof and sure as heck not believe it until then.

I'm sure a few women that don't play [games] exist, but people play games the majority of the time, that's how you gain initial interest, eye-contact here, engaging 'exciting' conversation there, seeming interested but not that interested...

Some of it is extremely superficial and lame, but a good deal of the time a necessity.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Yeah, sorry, I have to call any woman under the age of 50 on this one, this one is like some guy saying he's got a 10+inch pecker, a bunch THINK they do, I think most would demand proof and sure as heck not believe it until then.

I'm sure a few women that don't play [games] exist, but people play games the majority of the time, that's how you gain initial interest, eye-contact here, engaging 'exciting' conversation there, seeming interested but not that interested...
Again, BS. I suspect that it's the type of women you are interested in. I have ditched guys several times for this stupid nonsense that you think everyone plays. And most of my female friends have done the same. If you have a life, and are reasonably intelligent, you aren't going to waste it on people like this.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Guess these things make a guy more attractive and unpredictable
Don't listen to them, dude! If they want to call psychology a "game," so be it. And no, it's not age-specific. The approaches, topics, and vocabulary may be different, but the basics are the same. As far as my buddy Chow, with all due respect, if he were to become single, he'd be single for a looong, long, time. And not because he's not a quality guy! Yes, there has to be some intrigue and unpredictability. In fact, it has to continue a bit even in established relationships, but it doesn't. That's why so many fall apart - they become too boring. The excitement is gone.

There are deep and elaborate explanations of the issue, but I'd rather give you something simple and practical. Read up this site. It's enough. No need to buy the book.

Why Women Don't Like AVERAGE Men by David D.'s Dating Advice at aLoveLinksPlus :: Double Your Dating

Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
You're a Goddess of pop psychology, Sierra!

I read it and it didn't say anything about guys not calling women and feigning disinterest, like some of these forum morons are talking about. What woman in her right mind is gonna fawn over a guy who treats her like a piece of crap?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:03 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sounds like more games BS

last thing the sexes need IMHO.
Ditto.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:05 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You're a Goddess of pop psychology, Sierra!

I read it and it didn't say anything about guys not calling women and feigning disinterest, like some of these forum morons are talking about. What woman in her right mind is gonna fawn over a guy who treats her like a piece of crap?
Well, totally disappearing from the scene is one thing; calling 5 minutes later - another. Just be honest, are YOU attracted to some puppy drooling consistently all over you?! NO!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:07 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, totally disappearing from the scene is one thing; calling 5 minutes later - another. Just be honest, are YOU attracted to some puppy drooling consistently all over you?! NO!
Only if that puppy comes bearing gifts of diamonds, cash and cars!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:08 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,593,562 times
re: the OP, it probably depends on your age and on what sort of woman you're trying to attract.
While a teenage girl or one in her early 20s, valuing her own freedom, might be attracted to such "unpredictability" as you describe, a divorced mom in her 30s or 40s will probably be utterly repelled by it.
Mature women generally come to value trustworthiness in men.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Again, BS. I suspect that it's the type of women you are interested in. I have ditched guys several times for this stupid nonsense that you think everyone plays. And most of my female friends have done the same. If you have a life, and are reasonably intelligent, you aren't going to waste it on people like this.
Did I mention extremes? Games are played. I'm not saying absolute rules, or specific times, but they ARE played as other subsequent postings have illustrated. And I don't think EVERYONE plays them, or some imaginary exacting set of rules for them, thank you very much.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:25 AM

300 posts, read 735,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
They want you more if you are a guy who

1. Don't return her calls right away
2. Don't leave Voicemail messages
3. Don't respond to emails quickly
4. Too busy to go out on a date with them
5. Hard to get in touch with

Guess these things make a guy more attractive and unpredictable
That's an urban legend, fit under the "BS" section. It maybe true with some needy girl you would not want anyway for anything, but a lady you would want for anything will cost you: time, energy and sacrifice. No way around it. If you are too lazy to work for something you won't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships