Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:11 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

They want you more if you are a guy who

1. Don't return her calls right away
2. Don't leave Voicemail messages
3. Don't respond to emails quickly
4. Too busy to go out on a date with them
5. Hard to get in touch with

Guess these things make a guy more attractive and unpredictable

Old 05-24-2009, 12:16 AM

168 posts, read 532,144 times
It's not just women who are attracted to guys like that. Men are attracted to women like that too! I should know, because I used to be one before I got married!

Old 05-24-2009, 12:38 AM

670 posts, read 2,115,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

I disagree. I don't want to waste my time on a guy who doesn't have time to get to know me or feigns disinterest. Life is too short and MY time is too valuable. I'll take the guy who lets me know that he's interested in me and wants to spend time with me over someone who thinks they have to play games to keep me hooked.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:40 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Sounds like more games BS

last thing the sexes need IMHO.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:45 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
sir frances drake will get a coat full of muddy foot prints guaranteed.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:51 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,318,369 times
I would prefer he let me know straight away if he was interested, if he waits and plays games of cat and mouse I lose interest pretty quick. If a guy doesn't contact me for a period of time past what would be polite for the given situation, I would simply assume he is not interested and move on.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:54 AM

168 posts, read 532,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sounds like more games BS

last thing the sexes need IMHO.

I totally agree. I always hated playing games in relationships. Seemed too high school, especially when I was re-entering the dating game at age 27 after having been married for eight years. I always let the guy know when I was interested in him. Sometimes, I even made the first move if I thought he was interested in me too. If I began to develop feelings for them, I'd let them know that too when I felt the time was right. I tried to be polite, considerate and honest, but then I scared off a guy who I was really interested in and that hurt. After that, I began to play the same game the guys did ... rarely calling, not being too available, etc. ... and suddenly, they were swarming around me! I absolutely could not believe it. These were the very same "games" my mom had tried to counsel me in when I was in high school and I'd say, "Oh Mom, it's not the 50s anymore. No one plays hard to get now!" Boy, was I wrong.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:01 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
There's a very fine line for being too available or clingy and being too unavailable and uninterested. You don't want to be clingy and scare someone off, but at the same time, you put too much distance and disinterest between yourself and the person you're linterested in, you're going to scare them off. Personally, I like my space. I don't want someone bugging me all the time about what I'm doing, where I'm going and just generally smothering me. But at the same time, if I went out with someone and there was a definite chemistry and he didn't call me or take my calls for a long time, I'd become disinterested pretty damn quick. I just wouldn't waste my valuable time on someone who didn't seem too interested in me. I cut those kinds of people from the food chain real quick.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:04 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,150 times
Quote:

Ah, hah. What side of the neighborhood you're from, dude?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:05 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,869,479 times
Quote:
You must have run into the A-typical "bad boy" because I don't know too many women who would want a guy who did all of the above...at least I sure wouldn't. OR...perhaps you have met some desperate women?? The women friends I have who are single would kick this guy to the curb and never look back...so, moral to this little story is you are barking up the wrong tree for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships