Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
You must have run into the A-typical "bad boy" because I don't know too many women who would want a guy who did all of the above...at least I sure wouldn't. OR...perhaps you have met some desperate women?? The women friends I have who are single would kick this guy to the curb and never look back...so, moral to this little story is you are barking up the wrong tree for sure.

I'm obviously experiecing it now which is why I made the post. I think it's because I give so much of my time when I do talk to them so when I'm not around or missing for 2-3 days they are MISSING me instead of saying-"I don't think he is interested"

Old 05-24-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Hmmm... I like a guy to show me some interest. And IF I am interested in him back, I'd want to start some sort of friendship first, just to make sure that he was the kind of guy that I'd want to be in a long term relationship with. I really don't want to be romanced until I know the real person he is. Just because a man knows how to take a woman out on a great date, doesn't mean that he's good boyfriend material for me.

Otherwise, I don't want a boyfriend that has nothing better to do that call me up all of the time to tell me that he's thinking of me or that he loves me. I don't want a guy that wants to spend ALL of his free time with me. He needs to have his own separate life. I want to know that if things don't work out for us, if I end up not liking him that much, then he's not going to freak out on me and go into angry stalker mode.

And being too busy to see me or to return my calls immediately is fine unless he's using that time to flirt with other women. I would want a man that is a hard worker and dedicated to his career, and who has decent people in their lives as friends. If he has stupid idiot friends that are important to him, then that's another deal breaker for me.

Isn't not replying to emails right away but the day or two after or being too busy sometimes to go out on a date still showing interest?

Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Did I mention extremes? Games are played. I'm not saying absolute rules, or specific times, but they ARE played as other subsequent postings have illustrated. And I don't think EVERYONE plays them, or some imaginary exacting set of rules for them, thank you very much.
But you first said you call EVERY female under 50 on this one. So which is it??? Everyone does it, or NOT everyone does it???

Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,179,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
They want you more if you are a guy who

1. Don't return her calls right away
2. Don't leave Voicemail messages
3. Don't respond to emails quickly
4. Too busy to go out on a date with them
5. Hard to get in touch with

Guess these things make a guy more attractive and unpredictable

Old 05-24-2009, 12:19 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, totally disappearing from the scene is one thing; calling 5 minutes later - another. Just be honest, are YOU attracted to some puppy drooling consistently all over you?! NO!
Definitely NOT. For myself at least, I was not implying that I would want someone to be like a leech. I am far too independent to be happy with someone like that. I think most people that have a busy/active life and healthy outlook wouldn't have the time or desire to be this type. But I'm wondering if these complaining types here, are really THOSE types...which many (if not most) women don't want.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:34 PM

496 posts, read 940,879 times
TVSG, that is ridiculous.

That said, I'm sure it works on some women. Just remember. So ye sow, so shall ye reap.

You'll be in for a game of poker instead of a relationship. As this seems to be your goal, I'll leave you with some famous word of wisdom in your romantic endeavors:

"Now evry gambler knows that the secret to survivin
Is knowin what to throw away and knowing what to keep.
cause evry hands a winner and evry hands a loser,
And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep."

Old 05-25-2009, 02:21 PM

306 posts, read 530,719 times
I think this is only true for women who maybe had rejecting or abandoning fathers and have dealt with it by recreating that pattern over and over again and don't know how or are uncomfortable with really getting close to a man.

Healthy people are attracted to people who show interest in them and are available and that they can make a real connection with.

People are only interested in the unavailable and rejecting when they really don't want or can't handle closeness.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
I think this is only true for women who maybe had rejecting or abandoning fathers and have dealt with it by recreating that pattern over and over again and don't know how or are uncomfortable with really getting close to a man.

Healthy people are attracted to people who show interest in them and are available and that they can make a real connection with.

People are only interested in the unavailable and rejecting when they really don't want or can't handle closeness.

I never said NEVER AVAILABLE or NOT SHOWING INTEREST. I said not always being available and showing interest in a unpredictable way.

Only a insecure fool would chase after a man who didn't show any interest at all and was NEVER AVAILABLE

Old 05-25-2009, 02:27 PM

306 posts, read 530,719 times
Oh okay. Sorry, my bad. But yeah I like it when it seems like a guy has a life apart from me. If he is smothering and clingy and constantly calling or texting that gets old FAST. I think that's somewhat obvious though.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
Oh okay. Sorry, my bad. But yeah I like it when it seems like a guy has a life apart from me. If he is smothering and clingy and constantly calling or texting that gets old FAST. I think that's somewhat obvious though.

Women tend to chase after me because of my love for sports and that I schedule every thing around a game. I think they see it as a challenge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships