Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:23 AM

390 posts, read 905,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Beats ZINKS - Zero Income, Nine Kids - but it is not as good as MINKS - Millionaire Income, No Kids...

ROFLMAO.....Good one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 02:54 AM

242 posts, read 789,055 times
I think its great whether you have kids or not. I had my son at age 29 so I got all my clubbing and running wild days out of the way before I got married and had him. But as much as I love my son, I do sometimes miss those carefree days of my youth...

Old 06-06-2009, 03:14 AM

390 posts, read 905,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcj View Post
I think its great whether you have kids or not. I had my son at age 29 so I got all my clubbing and running wild days out of the way before I got married and had him. But as much as I love my son, I do sometimes miss those carefree days of my youth...
Ditto

Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,237,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
As long as they're not CBC and calling my kids nasty things like "crotch droppings", I , honestly, don't think about them. Why would I? They really don't have anything to do with me. They live their life and I live mine.
I find it funny that when childfree people make sweeping generalizations about bratty kids in general, that parents always get worked up thinking the CF are personally insulting THEIR children.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
I think that they made a decision that will haunt them in a probably lonely old age, but mainly I feel they should stop complaining about paying for my Social Security.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:21 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,921 times
Those pesky "DINKS"! Honestly, I don't give them much thought one way or another. We run in different circles. This is the life I want, that's the life they want, who cares?

Old 06-06-2009, 06:23 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibblesandbits View Post
I'm interested to hear what others think of DINKS--double income, no kids. They take vacations whenever/wherever they want, have plenty of extra money to spent on eating out, entertainment, and can live in the geographical locations they want (for instance in the big cities) because they don't have to worry about schools.
... and they contribute to the extinction of their genes, and the species.

Way to go!

Old 06-06-2009, 06:27 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,237,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I think that they made a decision that will haunt them in a probably lonely old age, but mainly I feel they should stop complaining about paying for my Social Security.
Well, I hope your kids don't leave you alone in a nursing home. Because kids are ALWAYS a guarantee that you'll get taken care of in old age!

Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Well, I hope your kids don't leave you alone in a nursing home. Because kids are ALWAYS a guarantee that you'll get taken care of in old age!
I don't think they were referring to being taken care of in old age. I think they mean that it's a decision that will haunt them in old age because they will miss out on seeing their children and grand children grow.
Not all of us with kids are expecting them to take care of us when we are elderly.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Your point is quite valid, and I think it depends a great deal on the values you instill into children and the time and effort you expend in doing so. I know many people that are estranged from their parents or children and it may be for good reason. Still, you must admit that if you have no children at all, that greatly reduces the possiblity of a visit or call from them in old age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships