Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times

Advertisements

I'm a lawyer.

I'll just take my trophy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 07:27 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I'm a lawyer.

I'll just take my trophy now.
lol

Booo....Hiss...

Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Meh, returning a wrong with a wrong, I guess it all depends on who's looking in. I know what I did was not out of spite or vengeance. I don't think I have ever really been either. It may have gone against the rules (thus "the wrong"), but it was over for me. I didn't feel any hatred or love. Therefore, there could be no spite or vengeance.
How long did you date the first guy? If someone I cared about cheated on me, I wouldn't be jumping into a relationship immediately afterward no matter how appealing the girl was. How long did you date the second guy? Just long enough to rub it in the face of the first guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Exactly!

I've got better things to do with my life than to start and maintain for many years a whole relationship with a guy based on being spiteful or wanting vengeance against another guy.

But I have no compunction to play by the normal "rules" if those I'm playing with are not observing them also. That would just stupidly mean that I missed out doubly as far as I can see.

Interesting though Choccy that what I suspected would happen in your thread has happened in that the perfect who have never made mistakes have simply come to play wholier than thou with those who have admitted to theirs.

I guess that's the true definition of what you were asking.
I don't have much respect for cheaters either, but I'll take the high road instead of setting my sights on screwing my ex's best friend who has secretly been crushing on me for as long I've been together with the cheater.

Believe me, my sins number in the thousands, but I'll always treat others better than I treat myself, regardless of what they've done to hurt me.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well. And good on her!

I mean, I'm sayin'. If she wanted to be REAL scandalous, and wanted the ULTIMATE payback, she should've just gone all the way and took it 'there' with his brother...

Old 06-10-2009, 07:51 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
How long did you date the first guy? If someone I cared about cheated on me, I wouldn't be jumping into a relationship immediately afterward no matter how appealing the girl was. How long did you date the second guy? Just long enough to rub it in the face of the first guy?
Are you asking me or telling me what it was about? If you're asking, I'd be happy to tell ya. But you seem to have already made your determination. Far be it from me to convince you otherwise.

Quote:
I don't have much respect for cheaters either, but I'll take the high road instead of setting my sights on screwing my ex's best friend who has secretly been crushing on me for as long I've been together with the cheater.
LOL....setting my sights? You clearly don't read. Again, if you want to tell the story, tell it. I took the low road. I can live with your disapproval of what you know very little about.

Quote:
Believe me, my sins number in the thousands, but I'll always treat others better than I treat myself, regardless of what they've done to hurt me.
Funny, my sins don't number in the thousands. And with that many sins, you likely treated someone worse than you've treated yourself. Nuff said.

I've spent a lifetime giving more than my fair share. I don't do it for my health and I certainly don't do it to be taken advantage of. This is where I start treating myself better than I treat them.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
It's all over the board. IRL as well. No one can make me feel worse than I do for my mistakes; least of all a stranger on the other end of a keyboard. They can't make me feel guilt that I don't feel on my own either.
So very true.

Quote:
I have been sooooo tempted, believe me. But I manage to take a step back and cool off. The greatest pain I have ever inflicted was when I walked away in silence; no animosity or further warning. I spoke my piece when I had to; they either listened or they didn't. It was when I stopped talking that they felt it.
Sometimes that's all you can do. Just accept that we all have different opinions and it will serve no purpose to keep trying to see each others point of view OR keep presenting yourself as the stepping stone to someone else's ivory tower. Walking away is often the best option.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:

Good grief! What the hell were you thinking? You're a disgrace! I would have NEVER bothered to fold his clothes.
Yeah, really... Sounds more like a good occasion to roast some marshmallows over them.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Where did I say I didn't have much respect for cheaters?
Actually I'm pretty sure that somewhere in this thread I asserted my position with regard to cheaters very differently to what you're now attributing to me.

One thing I have learned that appears to have escaped you, is reject the behaviour NOT the person. Simply because someone does a bad thing does not make them bad all the time. Nor does one wrong thing make them wrong all the time. Even Mother Teresa will have done bad things in her lifetime. All human beings have the ability to do both right and wrong AND do.

Of course I can understand that it's easier in terms of keeping your own moral compass tuned to simply filter through your own experience, rewrite events and arrive at a particular conclusion in order to maintain your sense of superiority. And it's a tried and true way of going through life, a lot of people do it to a greater or lesser degree.

Quote:
That's great and good for you. I'd be interested to hear from the people you're interacting with to establish if they view it the same way or if how you've treated them is a very different story in their view.

I mean no offense but I'm not really getting the sense of you treating others better than yourself here.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:31 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Are you asking me or telling me what it was about? If you're asking, I'd be happy to tell ya. But you seem to have already made your determination. Far be it from me to convince you otherwise.

LOL....setting my sights? You clearly don't read. Again, if you want to tell the story, tell it. I took the low road. I can live with your disapproval of what you know very little about.

Funny, my sins don't number in the thousands. And with that many sins, you likely treated someone worse than you've treated yourself. Nuff said.

I've spent a lifetime giving more than my fair share. I don't do it for my health and I certainly don't do it to be taken advantage of. This is where I start treating myself better than I treat them.
Thousands may have been an overstatement. I don't keep count. The point is, I'm far from perfect and I realize it. Perhaps my lack of humility in this thread is a perfect example. If you really want to get into this, I'll tell you a little about me.

I lust, enjoy alcohol in excess, often think ugly thoughts about people (but rarely let them slip out, not that it's any better), let my pride get in the way of doing the right thing, flirt with people I have no romantic interest in, lure people into temptation, totally cave into peer pressure, slack off, abuse my God given gifts, and will never live up to all I could be. I've disgraced my parents, stolen, cheated, lied, and cowarded out when I should have stood up for people. There's me in a nut shell. Think what you will. I don't give a damn.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I lust, enjoy alcohol in excess, often think ugly thoughts about people (but rarely let them slip out, not that it's any better), let my pride get in the way of doing the right thing, flirt with people I have no romantic interest in, lure people into temptation, totally cave into peer pressure, slack off, abuse my God given gifts, and will never live up to all I could be. I've disgraced my parents, stolen, cheated, lied, and cowarded out when I should have stood up for people. There's me in a nut shell. Think what you will. I don't give a damn.
You poor thing! You should've been a Catholic. They go to confessions and come out brand new and ready to sin again till next confession.

If floggin' ya a bit would make ya feel better, let me know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships