Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:55 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Here is my example. I left my then boyfriend for his best friend/boss (Oh snap, Chocie you hoochie mama!). His best friend/boss was also a very good friend to me and my son. Boyfriend cheated, mistreated. Best friend/boss knew about it, saw it (I didn't know until the end), lost respect for him, revealed his feelings for me, I surrendered to it and we became a couple. I didn't care, he didn't care.

Normally, I wouldn't have done something like that. I would have respected that they were friends and steered clear of it, at least long enough for him to have moved on. But considering I had lost all respect for my guy, as a man and a human being, I didn't feel the moral obligation to hold back. I don't regret it and I would almost certainly do it again.

Carry on, kids.
How was that "wrong"? I mean, the dude cheated, so of course, you left him for someone better. That isn't "wrong", that's "cause and effect"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Victorianpunk what you did is wrong and you should not do it again. How do you know this woman wasn't just broken up with her boyfriend and suicidal and you helped to push her over the edge three days later?
I was thinking the same things...at a bar with her friends feeling down, the friends say "hey, see that short, dumpy looking troll over there? Why don't you talk to him and play with his emotions and that should make you feel better!" This was a case of the kingsnake eating the cobra.

Quote:
How do you know she was the type that would treat you crappy if you talked to her?
I would NEVER of said anything if she didn't come up to me. IF she had just left me alone, it would have been that. She was asking for it.

Quote:
Obviously she wasn't cus she was talking to you. So why should she pay for something other women do? Thats stupid.
That's like asking why I should go after a KKK member for the lynching some other Klan's man did. They're almost all the same, women are. Anyway, she had to have alterior motives for talking to me.

This is what I am saying: It's okay to hurt people if they are asking for it. Like that fellow on a date at a fancy restuarant: I in fact did him a favor because now, he'll think twice about over spending! Or the girl at the bar: now, she'll think twice about trying to play with someone's emotions.

If you hurt someone who is asking for it, without doing any real damage to them, you will allow them a learning experience to help them grow on.

Hence, no reason to feel guilty for doing someone a favor

Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
<insert insane rationalization and comparisons here>
Uhm, yeah.

Just wow.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 PM

28 posts, read 67,903 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same things...at a bar with her friends feeling down, the friends say "hey, see that short, dumpy looking troll over there? Why don't you talk to him and play with his emotions and that should make you feel better!" This was a case of the kingsnake eating the cobra.

I would NEVER of said anything if she didn't come up to me. IF she had just left me alone, it would have been that. She was asking for it.

That's like asking why I should go after a KKK member for the lynching some other Klan's man did. They're almost all the same, women are. Anyway, she had to have alterior motives for talking to me.

This is what I am saying: It's okay to hurt people if they are asking for it. Like that fellow on a date at a fancy restuarant: I in fact did him a favor because now, he'll think twice about over spending! Or the girl at the bar: now, she'll think twice about trying to play with someone's emotions.

If you hurt someone who is asking for it, without doing any real damage to them, you will allow them a learning experience to help them grow on.

Hence, no reason to feel guilty for doing someone a favor

So tell me, if you act like this with ALL girls (way to completely write off an entire gender, thanks) then how are you ever going to find someone? Ever think that maybe she WASN'T trying to play with your emotions? Or do you just automatically think the worst of people?

I'm sorry but your attitude is rotten. You have zero self-esteem and confidence and it's to the point that you practically hate the world and you think that anyone who shows a little human kindness and interest to you is OF COURSE trying to play you! Duh!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Uhm, yeah.

Just wow.
Yah, I'm still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to let us off the hook.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Yah, I'm still waiting for Ashton Kutcher to let us off the hook.
I'm ruining the gag I know, but "eh?"? Not followin' other than his one dating preference. Movie reference there?

I assume you believe I'm referencing his response to you. You did look at his next post did you not?

Last edited by Waynec613; 06-10-2009 at 10:45 PM..

Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
How was that "wrong"? I mean, the dude cheated, so of course, you left him for someone better. That isn't "wrong", that's "cause and effect"
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I agree with that - to a degree. Cause and effect is good. Consequence for him, maybe, though it wasn't meant to be punishment on my end. Some people don't get that the result of an offense is not necessarily retaliatory.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
I'm ruining the gag I know, but "eh?"? Not followin' other than his one dating preference. Movie reference there?
Punk'd is a show where Kutcher pulls outlandish pranks on other celebrities. Some of the stuff I read here is just so beyond irrational that I can't believe people actually verbalize it with so much conviction and pride; it must be a joke. Or some wacked out Psychology project where we are the guinea pigs.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Punk'd is a show where Kutcher pulls outlandish pranks on other celebrities. Some of the stuff I read here is just so beyond irrational that I can't believe people actually verbalize it with so much conviction and pride; it must be a joke. Or some wacked out Psychology project where we are the guinea pigs.
Ah, ya, that'd be why. I saw like 5 minutes of that "show" once, I don't have my cable hooked up anymore, haven't for about 2 years.

Meh, most of it's all garbage, the few shows I know of that I like that are on I just buy when they come out or watch online, most are officially streamed a day or so after airing anymore.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
So basically, you're a classless thief.
No, I have stolen before as the post said, and you are again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships