Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 PM

422 posts, read 649,609 times

Advertisements

So people don't judge on appearance anymore? ESPECIALLY not men. I have heard men say that if a chick is fat, loud, tattooed, wearing tight clothes, dressed like a banker, has short hair,blond hair, red hair, the "skunk" dye job(half black half platinum), pale skin, dark sin, too much makeup, no makeup that she is a turnoff. SO WHAT. It doesn't make him a #$%&*. Thats just his preference. Women have their lists as well. TRUST ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 01:25 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
so whatever happened to not judging a book by it's cover? i know several women who are extremely intelligent, successful, sexy as all get out, and yet they have a discrete tattoo or maybe even several. to those who absolutely hate tats on women, would you divorce/break up with your significant other if they went out today and got one? what about if they have had one for years and you never knew about it due to having a sex free relationship while awaiting marriage?

i know plenty of women with tats that you will never know they have unless you are being intimate with them. and for many of these girls, that means you would be deep into a relationship long before seeing the tats.
Seriously? Using your analogy, someone with tattoos is like taking a beautiful antique leatherbound book and doodling on the cover and inside pages with a crayon. The book on its own, the way it came from the bookbinders is indeed beautiful and with integrity. Drawing on the cover and inside pages with crayon or marker is just defacing it with graffiti.

Tattoos are like defacing the Taj Mahal or a pyramid with spray paint. How could you think that drawing a butterfly or writing some Chinese characters on the outside would enhance the way it looks?

Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 PM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
i'nm saying that if you judge someone by the way they look you are not interested in the person but only their appearance.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:33 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
^ Duh, meant to spell loss, not as lose. Trying to handle too many tasks at once while posting on the thread.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:36 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
i'nm saying that if you judge someone by the way they look you are not interested in the person but only their appearance.
Well, if you might spend 50-60 years with someone, do you really want them to be repulsive?

Old 02-21-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
so whatever happened to not judging a book by it's cover? i know several women who are extremely intelligent, successful, sexy as all get out, and yet they have a discrete tattoo or maybe even several. to those who absolutely hate tats on women, would you divorce/break up with your significant other if they went out today and got one? what about if they have had one for years and you never knew about it due to having a sex free relationship while awaiting marriage?

i know plenty of women with tats that you will never know they have unless you are being intimate with them. and for many of these girls, that means you would be deep into a relationship long before seeing the tats.

A small one? No. Although if it was on her boob I'd have a issue with that. However what if my wife or girlfriend went out and got tatted up all over, and she became ugly to me and my **** just didn't get hard any more to her, would that be my fault?

Old 02-21-2011, 01:49 PM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
if you love someone, you love them for them and not for their appearance. love and sexual attraction have nothing to do with each other, you can have one without the other. though for the most part when you love someone you are attracted to them, faults and all.

when my wife and i started seeing each other she was a fit and trim cheerleader that may have weighed in at 120# soaking wet. at that time i was 135# and in excellent shape myself. today, well we both tip the scale at 200+ but are just as attracted to each other as we were when we met. would i have dated her if she had been this big when we met, probably not. same goes the other way around, if i were this big she likely would have blown me off when i first talked to her. if she were to tell me she wanted to get full body tats today, i would try to talk her out of it. but i would not leave her over it. why, well because I LOVE HER FOR HER.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
sometimes the tattoos are a like scream for help or revenge or rejection by a truly disturbed person. Show me the tattoo and I'll tell you which it is or where it fits on the spectrum. Sometimes the tattoo is helpful to strangers. Some tattoos scream "I'm a lesbian" or "I was a train girl for a biker club" or "I want to kill myself but don't have the guts" or, as others have implied above "I'll do you in the bathroom if you buy me a couple of drinks."

I got mine just because I liked how they looked and wanted them on my body. There was no message I was trying to send, no cry of help I was trying to let out. Pretty simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If the determining factor, on somebody you really like, are attracted to, and find to be a good match for you, comes down to the presence of tattoo(s) or lack thereof, that is, in itself, a statement about your priorities and values.

Well said.

I am curious - to all the tattoo haters, how old are you? Are we dealing with a bunch of old-school 40+ men here?

Old 02-21-2011, 02:33 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I got mine just because I liked how they looked and wanted them on my body. There was no message I was trying to send, no cry of help I was trying to let out. Pretty simple.

Well said.

I am curious - to all the tattoo haters, how old are you? Are we dealing with a bunch of old-school 40+ men here?
Haha, what do you have? Don't tell if you don't want to! lol

Old 02-21-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post

My age has nothing to do with it, I felt this way about it forever......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships