Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 PM

614 posts, read 1,376,189 times

Advertisements

I don't need any GF with a road map on her, or more ink then the Sunday comics. If they have one then it better have a meaning. There are certain exceptions as to why to have one or two, but most people out there got them because everyone else did. "I want to be different then everyone so I got a tattoo like everyone else because it's in" ... so you want to show your individuality by doing the same as others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 02:17 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Apparently, big boobs = ho.
… also tattoos = ho it would appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
If you see a woman with tattoos, a lot of people think she is more loose with other things in her life whether it be sexually or drugs, what have you...

Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 PM

Tattoos = ho? I thought it stood for WT or TPT? I guess tats have a triple meaning.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
Tattoos = ho? I thought it stood for WT or TPT? I guess tats have a triple meaning.
Tattoos mean different things to different people. Who am I to judge someone else's life decision when they in no way impact me?

Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Tattoos mean different things to different people.
Absolutely.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:16 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
I'm not big on tattoos and I don't have any myself, but I'm not going to be turning down any dates because she has some prominent tats. If she smokes cigarettes, then it's a no-go.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:51 PM

NOTE: If they have one then it better have a meaning. There are certain exceptions as to why to have one or two, but most people out there got them because everyone else did.

I said if someone has a good reason one with meaning ...then ok don't get one because everyone else has one. I'm not into that stuff at all I've dated girls that had tats, I was really turned off by them but it's like smoking some people don't like that quality in their GF, wife or SO.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
NOTE: If they have one then it better have a meaning.
Why “better” they have a meaning?

Sometimes people just want to put something that they think looks good, on their bodies. As JetJockey said, tattoos have different meanings for different people. There are plenty of designs out there that don’t mean anything.

So?

Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I am just curious to all of those who say this… what would you prefer instead if you had your way?

Do you see people who dye their hair wild colours as screaming for attention? People who dress outrageously? People who have unusual piercings?

How "out there" is one "allowed" to be before it is considered attention seeking?

Should we all dress the same? Have the same coloured hair and eyes?

Have absolutely zero self expression or individuality at all?
As a society, we are very judgmental. Sad, but true. Those with piercings/tats or ink on their bodies are far more likely to be judged than regular joes like you and I. Put it this way, anyone that sees someone with dyed hair, several tats is going to form an opinion of that person based on what they see. I'm not saying it's right, but that's the world we live in.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
anyone that sees someone with dyed hair, several tats is going to form an opinion of that person based on what they see. I'm not saying it's right, but that's the world we live in.
Sadly, you are right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships