Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielIN View Post
Why? Is that gonna bring his/her brother back? I don't think so.
I'm guessing that there was never the assumption that it would. There's really no reason to be rude, or to weigh in at all regarding how somebody chooses to memorialize a deceased loved one. Do you frequent cemeteries, as well, and make fun of people's headstones (also purely decorative, and unnecessary)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post

I just find that most men my age have absolutely no problem with women with tattoos, whereas the older man often does.

You never have disclosed your age as far as I know , so what is it? I mean on other topics with you I often agree so....

And as far as age, depending the crowd you hang with, which I being the rock guy, tend to run into biker, rocker, stripper or otherwise alternative chicks and even in their 50's their lifestyle specially biker has included tats.

Funny (not really, actually annoying) because they don't really appeal to me but my lifestyle dictates usually that those kind of girls are around me. I 'd rather be the rocker that plays out and has the 9-5 job holding normal chick and a quite homestyle life otherwise.....

Old 02-21-2011, 03:37 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Aside from the "aesthetics", one of the other frequent explanations for tattoos, seems to be that they often have some sort of personal "emotional significance" (commemorating an event, a relationship, beliefs, etc.). Which is fine if that's what you wanna do. But just because something may have "meaning" for you, why should anyone else also have an appreciation for it (let alone find it attractive)?
There's something quite distasteful about a person who does the highlighted comment imo.

Even Aesthetic reasons are acceptable, but not the above.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Personal significance IS an aesthetic reason.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:41 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
Quote:
Haha I have a small astrological symbol on my left shoulderblade, and a small tramp stamp (before they were called that ), on my lower back.

I can’t really describe that design, it’s a celtic kind of thing. Doesn’t mean anything.

I’d love to get another small one on my inner wrist and another behind one of my ears.

That’s ok, just out of curiosity.

I just find that most men my age have absolutely no problem with women with tattoos, whereas the older man often does.
It is up to you. Who am I to tell? I would need to shave a shoulder for one to look good. Therefore, I currently don't have any!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
There's something quite distasteful about a person who does the highlighted comment imo.

Even Aesthetics reasons are acceptable, but not the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Personal significance IS an aesthetic reason.
I'll say it again.

There's something quite distasteful about a person who gets a tattoo of their mother, girlfriend, or michael jackson for love, respect, or w/e.

I'd rather have someone get one simply because they believe it looks good on them, without any other significance.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:

That’s ok, just out of curiosity.

22 here.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You never have disclosed your age as far as I know , so what is it?

My friends range anywhere from 21 – 50 years old, some clean cut and some not so clean cut. The older crowd seems to frown on tats on women. One of my older friends even asked his lady to laser her tattoos off, and she did. I would never do that for someone. As others have said, if they don’t accept me warts/tattoos and all then they’re not the one for me.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:54 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
I just don't care for ex-husbands or boyfriends names! Could you get that removed please? Duh! lol

Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM

21 posts, read 21,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm guessing that there was never the assumption that it would. There's really no reason to be rude, or to weigh in at all regarding how somebody chooses to memorialize a deceased loved one. Do you frequent cemeteries, as well, and make fun of people's headstones (also purely decorative, and unnecessary)?
I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude, really. I just think there are (way) better ways to memorialize someone you loved that is gone.
No, I don't frequent cemeteries. I'm not obsessed with people there isn't alive anymore. I only like to remember the fun times with them and how they've shaped who I am. I just don't see the point of making a tattoo with they name on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships