Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 07:23 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
oh yeah.
I'm on my own "quote trip"...lol..

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out". W.Winchell
"A real friend knows where the bodies are buried,but never tells".M.Skinner

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:35 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,107 times
"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink.

But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must steal, steal away from bad company.
If you must cheat, cheat death.
And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

Old 07-11-2009, 03:54 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,037,251 times
I'll go toe to toe on this one if i had to...cheating is unacceptable,..covering up or excusing it is beyond that..a smart person knows..if his friends would cover for another..they would hide it from you too.. and lie when you asked for advise...Another mindset which needs to be blatantly shamed upon...This is the ONE issue which is a Guaranteed inferno if set ablaze with me..

Cheating is a lazy, little boy/girl behavior/excuse for being too afraid of admitting to someone that you are not ready to settle down, want to date around,..or that you like to wander and one person is never enough..Obviously saying this terrifies many people..which is SAD.. considering they are just words..not some mass murderer knocking on the front door..And covering for this??, exceptionally disappointing..Ive walked away from friendships id had with people for years in seconds over this ..Why would i want to associate with people w/out *****, who'd allow some girlfriend i had, who was cheating behind my back, to disgrace me..A real friend is supposed to be the one who can tell you the things which are hard to hear when you need to hear them..not someone who will betray you when you need them the most..

I can take a couple bruises..or a broken hand..but not the betrayal of someone i assumed was someone who would always tell it like it is..even if it hurts...or i wouldn't wish to hear...that is worth a trip downtown or stitches...someone has to stand up..not sit back and stare...

Last edited by si33; 07-11-2009 at 04:43 AM..

Old 07-11-2009, 01:26 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,387,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
I'll go toe to toe on this one if i had to...cheating is unacceptable,..covering up or excusing it is beyond that..a smart person knows..if his friends would cover for another..they would hide it from you too.. and lie when you asked for advise...Another mindset which needs to be blatantly shamed upon...This is the ONE issue which is a Guaranteed inferno if set ablaze with me..

Cheating is a lazy, little boy/girl behavior/excuse for being too afraid of admitting to someone that you are not ready to settle down, want to date around,..or that you like to wander and one person is never enough..Obviously saying this terrifies many people..which is SAD.. considering they are just words..not some mass murderer knocking on the front door..And covering for this??, exceptionally disappointing..Ive walked away from friendships id had with people for years in seconds over this ..Why would i want to associate with people w/out *****, who'd allow some girlfriend i had, who was cheating behind my back, to disgrace me..A real friend is supposed to be the one who can tell you the things which are hard to hear when you need to hear them..not someone who will betray you when you need them the most..

I can take a couple bruises..or a broken hand..but not the betrayal of someone i assumed was someone who would always tell it like it is..even if it hurts...or i wouldn't wish to hear...that is worth a trip downtown or stitches...someone has to stand up..not sit back and stare...

Ummm... I don't think anyone is debating here whether or not cheating is wrong. I think we all pretty much agreed here that it is.
I highlighted the part that I agree with the most. So for example, if my friend cheated on her/his spouse, I would tell her straight up that her/his behaviour is disgusting and she needs to work on her marriage or give her any kind of advice that would make her get help and get life back on track. I would certainly NOT cover up for her/him...but I would certainly still continue to be a friend, because if I turned away from her, it would make me a betrayer, not any better then her.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:30 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,583,457 times
I would distance myself away from those type "acquaintances" as I want nothing to do with those type characters wasting my time and poisoning my company.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,365 times
I absolutely have to agree with you. Like the saying goes, show me your friends, i'll show you who you are.
I just writen a blog on WHY MEN CHEAT? check it out you'll find it interesting.
k
Why Do Men Cheat?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:51 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,987 times
I tend to limit my time with such people. If you cheat or feel comfortable being with someone on the side then how long will it be until you look at what's in my hand.

One of my hot buttons are cheaters so when I see "shopping on the side" or being "the other girlfriend" it instantly turns me off. It's like losing 1,000 character points. I loose respect. I always say " you are not not right, or that's not right" because if you don't like who you're with...........get rid of them. If you're attracted to someone else's man or husband why do you think this person you're cheating with would ever be of quality to you. He/She already showed you what they are made of. I always say, when someone shows you who you are believe it.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:06 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I don't judge my friends for their indiscretions or infidelity. They've never judged me for any of my faults either. I've been friends with these people for most of my life. True friends do not judge one another, turn their backs on one another or cut them out of their lives over something that is none of your business in the first place. But that's just me I guess. You are free to choose your friends in whatever fashion helps you sleep better at night. I imagine your friendships aren't all that deep to begin with if you can cut them out of your life for something like a fling with their SO.
That was an awesome post Coolhand68... well stated. It is how I feel to this day about my friends.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:11 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
You tell them to stop acting an idiot.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
I pretty much have shot straight on the subject. At the same time, I've not cut those people out of my lives. I've only refused to lie on their behalf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships