Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
You know, I had a whole lot written and was going to try best to make you feel like ****, but I'm not even going to bother...you are definitely not worth it and you STILL have much to learn in life.

This coming from a 25 yr old with no college education. Btw, if you want to get into a pissing match about dating up and down, I can tell you, (without regard to your age) if you and I were dating, I would be the one who was dating down.

Someone needs a paddlin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I forgive you...
Boy, that was a quick paddlin'.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I've only ever dated men with a higher level education.

How about you? Would you date someone who had a lesser education than you, or no?
Okay, Woofie. Why do you only date higher level educationites?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:00 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
I've only ever dated men with a higher level education.

How about you? Would you date someone who had a lesser education than you, or no?
Depends on how established they are. If they worked an hourly job, probably not. If they'd developed some kind of marketable skill, probably. It has more to do with effort than education. I don't think I'd be very interested in or interesting to someone who didn't care to develop himself.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Boy, that was a quick paddlin'.
That's always been my weekspot. I have a hard time staying mad at people...even though I was quite offended.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:02 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times
Absolutely so. In my experience(s), some of the most successful and brilliant men in business I have met have little or no college education (while still being educated), and - could beat the pants off numerous men intellectually. So therrre!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
That's always been my weekspot. I have a hard time staying mad at people...even know I was quite offended.
That's good! Hug it out.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Absolutely so. In my experience(s), some of the most successful and brilliant men in business I have met have little or no college education (while still being educated), and - could beat the pants off numerous men intellectually. So therrre!
I know. I'm awesome, ain't I?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:11 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,295,893 times
Quote:
No offense intended.

But I try and date up, not down.
No offense taken...I was just rather perplexed by this thread as it comes across (to me) as slightly obnoxious (no offense).

Richard Branson (tycoon) has no college degree (part of the reason is that he suffers from dyslexia). Would you consider dating Richard Branson to be "dating down"?

I try not to set standards, or judge when it comes to dating people, or being friends with them. If my wife had no college degree, I wouldn't think any less of her (and vice-versa). Remember, not everyone is cut out for college, but that doesn't make them inferior.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,031,791 times
It depends. Generalizations usually never work since there are always exceptions.

There are people without college educations who are successful and people without college educations that are lazy without much ambition.

A college degree(s) is often a signifier that the person wanted to get a higher education and open up his/her opportunities. Then again, college degrees are plentiful... many, many people have them.

I WOULD date a guy without a college education but only if he didn't let that hold him back. Nothing is more unattractive than a guy who didn't go to college (or worse, dropped out of high school) because he just wanted to drink beer and watch tv all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships