Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
No offense intended.

But I try and date up, not down.
You know, I had a whole lot written and was going to try best to make you feel like ****, but I'm not even going to bother...you are definitely not worth it and you STILL have much to learn in life.

This coming from a 25 yr old with no college education. Btw, if you want to get into a pissing match about dating up and down, I can tell you, (without regard to your age) if you and I were dating, I would be the one who was dating down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,385,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
My husband doesn't have a degree and I have a BA and a MS. He is far from stupid and we can discuss a lot of topics (well, we used to, now it's just money stress talk).

He has a job, I don't have one...

I don't think you need a degree or two to make a good husband or boyfriend.
You may find a diamond out there if you don't have a laundry list...
I'm with GypsySoul.

I have an AA, a BS and an MS and my fiance only has GED and this is by far the most loving, fulfilling relationship I have ever had and he is not lacking one bit in intelligence. In fact, he's taught me a ton. He also has a job (after only 3-4 tries) while I've been out of work 7 months.

Degrees are peices of paper stating that you've completed X amount of courses they do NOT showcase true character and personality as someone has mentioned.

I have to also mention that I'd dated plenty of college grads and those relationships never got anywhere because they did not treat me well enough.

You can't always judge by education.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
Sure........I don't think it makes a difference. I have a degree and about half the women I've dated did not. No big deal.

As long as they are cool peeps.

Quote:
I've only ever dated men with a higher level education.

How about you? Would you date someone who had a lesser education than you, or no?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:47 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,454,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
You know, I had a whole lot written and was going to try best to make you feel like ****, but I'm not even going to bother...you are definitely not worth it and you STILL have much to learn in life.

This coming from a 25 yr old with no college education. Btw, if you want to get into a pissing match about dating up and down, I can tell you, (without regard to your age) if you and I were dating, I would be the one who was dating down.
Settle down. Lemme pour you a drink and we can talk this over. What'll you have?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Sure........I don't think it makes a difference. I have a degree and about half the women I've dated did not. No big deal.

As long as they are cool peeps.
I have a crush on you, Ron.

Oh, wait. That's another thread.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:50 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,386,741 times
My SO of 9 years doesn't have a college education, and I just finished my PhD. I don't see the big deal.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Settle down. Lemme pour you a drink and we can talk this over. What'll you have?
I'll have the "I'm a self-rightous biotch"... lol jk. A shot of jack would be great...

Old 07-30-2009, 07:52 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,016,432 times
Sure. I'm actually dating someone now with just a year of college.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
I'll have the "I'm a self-rightous biotch"... lol jk. A shot of jack would be great...
Coming right up...

And you know what? If you can cook and you are really hot looking, I'll still go out with you.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Coming right up...

And you know what? If you can cook and you are really hot looking, I'll still go out with you.
I forgive you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships