Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times

Advertisements

For some reason, I'm having amnesia and dejavoo at the same time; I think I've forgotten this before.

Here's the first post, it almost reads word for word as this post: fiance wants to go on break..what should I do?

So, I'll reiterate for you, in case you didn't get the idea the first time you posted this.

1. She's done with you. Period.
2. Move on.
3. Meet new people.
4. "She's 22 and realized she's not done partying yet."
5. "wise up, back off, and be there for her, IF....she needs you."
6. "She is 22. Do not expect much emotional maturity out of her. A woman is not considered emotionally "fully grown" until she hits 30."
7. Play hard to get.
8. Move on.
9. Move on.
10. "Get the ring back and move on."

Yup, I think that about sums it up. Go back and read you other post again if you want the details, but that's pretty much what I got out of all the advice that people posted.

Thing is, and I'll say this in the nicest way I can, you're a wuss. You're so hung up on your infatuation that you can't see the world right outside the window.. It's time to man up and learn that, 1.) you can get chicks that aren't more than 10 years younger than you, 2.) when a chick says it's over, that means it's over, and 3.) before you can even THINK about being in a relationship, you have to start by being you OWN person - without relying on others to guide your every little move.

Maybe I'm being mean, but bro, it's just fact. You got dumped. We've all gotten dumped. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on with life.

Oh, and next time, find a chick that's a little more.. er.. mature.

Best wishes, mate..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 PM

189 posts, read 297,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
For some reason, I'm having amnesia and dejavoo at the same time; I think I've forgotten this before.

Here's the first post, it almost reads word for word as this post: fiance wants to go on break..what should I do?

So, I'll reiterate for you, in case you didn't get the idea the first time you posted this.

1. She's done with you. Period.
2. Move on.
3. Meet new people.
4. "She's 22 and realized she's not done partying yet."
5. "wise up, back off, and be there for her, IF....she needs you."
6. "She is 22. Do not expect much emotional maturity out of her. A woman is not considered emotionally "fully grown" until she hits 30."
7. Play hard to get.
8. Move on.
9. Move on.
10. "Get the ring back and move on."

Yup, I think that about sums it up. Go back and read you other post again if you want the details, but that's pretty much what I got out of all the advice that people posted.

Thing is, and I'll say this in the nicest way I can, you're a wuss. You're so hung up on your infatuation that you can't see the world right outside the window.. It's time to man up and learn that, 1.) you can get chicks that aren't more than 10 years younger than you, 2.) when a chick says it's over, that means it's over, and 3.) before you can even THINK about being in a relationship, you have to start by being you OWN person - without relying on others to guide your every little move.

Maybe I'm being mean, but bro, it's just fact. You got dumped. We've all gotten dumped. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on with life.

Oh, and next time, find a chick that's a little more.. er.. mature.

Best wishes, mate..
thanks...I didn't find it mean except for the wuss part hah but as far as age goes most guys do like younger girls

Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr918 View Post
as far as age goes most guys do like younger girls
So what. Most 22 year old girls do NOT want a 35 year old dude.

Find someone closer to your own age, and good luck.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,413,952 times
Quote:
thanks...I didn't find it mean except for the wuss part hah but as far as age goes most guys do like younger girls
That was said just to get your attention.. still, hope ya get what everyone's tellin' ya here..

Best of luck man..

Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So what. Most 22 year old girls do NOT want a 35 year old dude.

Find someone closer to your own age, and good luck.
Also... most 22 year old girls do NOT want to MARRY a 35 year old dude unless that dude is a millionaire. But don't count on the marriage lasting.

If you want marriage, find a woman that is older and closer to your age. If you stick to the 22 year old age group, don't count on marrying any of them.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:51 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
What is it about younger girls that you like? They may be more attractive than some girls your age, but there are some attractive 30 year-olds whose maturity level is much higher than your ex-fiancee.

It just sounds like you two lead different lives. She's more concerned about going out with her girls and you're more laid back. There's nothing wrong with either, but there's obviously a big difference there. With the long distance thing, that can make things more difficult. Instead of both of you being home talking to each other, one's at home while the other is out with friends.

In conclusion, I agree with the others that you should let her go. There are women out there who will fit better with you.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:42 AM

76 posts, read 190,480 times
Heya bjr198,

The situation sounds rough and the fact everyone is singing the same tune you pretty much found the answers you where hoping not to hear But it's the truth.

Do yourself a favor and focus on the future. All of the what ifs and worries will just prolong your suffering.

Concentrate on where you want to be emotionally in a week, a month, 6 months and a year, WRITE IT ALL DOWN!!! and read it to yourself on a daily basis.

Our brains are programmable and yours is severally infected right now and only you can heal it. Writing on here helps because everyone is telling you what you need to hear.

Good luck!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
... I guess a real good one got away.
No, one that you fantasized was a good one moved on. And thank goodness for that or you would have continued on to the fairy tale wedding, the joyous honeymoon, the selling of your own home to buy another with her name on the title in her 'hood.

Segue into married life with her still wanting her girls nights, your resentment, the inevitable bickering and discontent followed by the painful divorce and the distribution of assets ... Let's not even get into the possibility of a child which would lead you into a financial morass for the next 20 years and more, losing your stake in the new house, etc.

Consider yourself lucky, find some other interests, find yourself and enjoy life! Bon chance.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:38 AM

76 posts, read 190,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
No, one that you fantasized was a good one moved on. And thank goodness for that or you would have continued on to the fairy tale wedding, the joyous honeymoon, the selling of your own home to buy another with her name on the title in her 'hood.

Segue into married life with her still wanting her girls nights, your resentment, the inevitable bickering and discontent followed by the painful divorce and the distribution of assets ... Let's not even get into the possibility of a child which would lead you into a financial morass for the next 20 years and more, losing your stake in the new house, etc.

Consider yourself lucky, find some other interests, find yourself and enjoy life! Bon chance.

If that doesn't put it into perspective I don't know what will.

Blunt and to the point. Great post

Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
This is not a joke. Ask her if she wants to broaden her horizons and become swingers. What have you got to lose? It shows your willing to do something exciting and shows you're not obsessed with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships