Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Most 22 year old women aren't all that innocent, especially the hot looking ones. Plus they get egged on by their girlfriends to have as much fun possible while they are young. Look at what happens during Spring Break at the vacation hot spots.

Anyway, the O.P.'s ex fiance has decided to pick the company of her close friends that happen to be of her age group over being his wife. Maybe the engagement ring wasn't big and impressive enough.
And I suppose older women don't do similar things to what you supposedly assume of this 22-yr-old woman? Not all 22 yr old women go party on spring breaks, I know when I was 22, I stayed away from those "sceneries".

But nice try to "zing" at women half your age, though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM

189 posts, read 297,342 times
Quote:
Most 22 year old women aren't all that innocent, especially the hot looking ones. Plus they get egged on by their girlfriends to have as much fun possible while they are young. Look at what happens during Spring Break at the vacation hot spots.

Anyway, the O.P.'s ex fiance has decided to pick the company of her close friends that happen to be of her age group over being his wife. Maybe the engagement ring wasn't big and impressive enough.
yes she did choose the company of her friends over being married young. However the ring was definitely big and impressive- she loved showing it off

Old 08-13-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Ever think that she was just using you? She's got to know how attractive and sexy she looks. She could have been playing you so that she could boast of her exploits to her girlfriends. After all, she even got a diamond ring out of you.

BTW since her parents let you sleep over at their house, I'm guessing that you weren't her first lover.
no she definitely was not using me....her family had a lot of money and she got whatever she wanted. She was the one that kept trying to get me to save money and never once asked me to buy her anything.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:36 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
She got bored, and she's not done partying. If you like 'em young (nothing wrong with that) then find one that's more compatable with your lifestyle, this one clearly wasn't. Love is like a butterfly my friend, the harder you try to chase it, the more it eludes you. Sit still, pay it cool, and it will gently land on your shoulder. That's my fortune cookie wisdom for the day.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
She got bored, and she's not done partying. If you like 'em young (nothing wrong with that) then find one that's more compatable with your lifestyle, this one clearly wasn't. Love is like a butterfly my friend, the harder you try to chase it, the more it eludes you. Sit still, pay it cool, and it will gently land on your shoulder. That's my fortune cookie wisdom for the day.
you're exactly right.....I believe she did get bored and wasn't anywhere near done partying yet. She had to choose between girls nights out all the time or hangin around her fiance all the time and I guess at 22 she realizes shes way too young to play Miss housewife. She knew that while she was out with her friends I wasnt doing much and so she felt we were living different lifestyles...she was going out drinking 4-5 times a week and I wasnt

Old 08-13-2009, 04:43 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
I would just man-up and move on. If you keep trying to get her back, she may feel smothered by you and eventually not even want to be friends. If you don't have contact with her, and she forgets about you, then you never had a chance anyway.

There's is a slight chance that after awhile of not hearing from you, she may find herself missing you and contact you. Just let her know, that the door is always open for her.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Most people in their early 20's are not ready to settle down. And this girl still lives with her parents? She needs to be out on her own for awhile before she will want to make a lifetime committment to anyone.

I agree with the other posters. Just stop completely. No need to be friends with her, it's not even convenient anyway.

Trust me, she will start thinking you are weird if you try to keep things going.

Last edited by Ceece; 08-13-2009 at 05:07 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Most people in their 20's may not be ready to settle down, but a certain portion of them are. The university I went to seemed to be a great place to pair up dozens of young, mostly Christian, singles. I was attending weddings every year for several years, from my freshman year on. I probably went to about 12 to 14 weddings of my college friends. All of them were 21 to 25 when they married, and all are still married. Yes, ALL of them, and it's been 19 years since I graduated. I know of numerous other couples (whose weddings I didn't attend) who met at my university, got married, and are still married.

If the OP likes 'em young, and can apparently get them young, he just needs to stop looking for the party girls, and maybe spend more time at church. Just sayin'

Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Most people in their 20's may not be ready to settle down, but a certain portion of them are. The university I went to seemed to be a great place to pair up dozens of young, mostly Christian, singles. I was attending weddings every year for several years, from my freshman year on. I probably went to about 12 to 14 weddings of my college friends. All of them were 21 to 25 when they married, and all are still married. Yes, ALL of them, and it's been 19 years since I graduated. I know of numerous other couples (whose weddings I didn't attend) who met at my university, got married, and are still married.

If the OP likes 'em young, and can apparently get them young, he just needs to stop looking for the party girls, and maybe spend more time at church. Just sayin'
Certain religious types do marry young. It's not all rosey (even when they remain married) but it's part of the lifestyle.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Most people in their early 20's are not ready to settle down. And this girl still lives with her parents? She needs to be out on her own for awhile before she will want to make a lifetime committment to anyone.

I agree with the other posters. Just stop completely. No need to be friends with her, it's not even convenient anyway.

Trust me, she will start thinking you are weird if you try to keep things going.
I only sent her 1 text message all day and I wanted to see how she answered it so I wrote "I could tell you dont want me to contact you even though you said you'd remain close friends. However, I know this is not the case. So I'm leaving you alone like you want. When can I pick up the ring?" she responded saying "you can pick up the ring anytime and yes we will remain close friends". I dont know- I think I'll just fade away and leave it at that because shes so busy I dont think she needs any more friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships