Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 06:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

Are you a white girl?
The Asian community can be judgmental about everything. They probably wouldn't even talk to me knowing I like dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
There can be disapproval from the other races as well...My Korean boy friend's parents thought for the longest time when I came over with his other friends whom were Asian, white, and black that I was dating his other white friend. Little did she know until later I was dating her son. Lemme tell ya awkward....we heard it for weeks...why can't you be with a nice Korean girl. After awhile it didn't last some Asian men want submisive girlfriends and wives. This is Not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
For every constipated white guy who hits the roof when he sees a white woman with a black man, there is an uptight black guy who is just as angry about seeing a black woman with a white man. It cuts both ways with the narrow minded. Seeing how you are in a prodominantly black area (Jamaica Queens) it stands to reason you two would get "noticed". A white guy by himself over there probably draws attention to himself, never mind one walking hand in hand with a black woman. Don't let it bother you.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you a white girl?
The Asian community can be judgmental about everything. They probably wouldn't even talk to me knowing I like dudes.
Looking down at my skin...yep I get burnt badly...thankgod im part Cherokee indian so i do tan.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM

What do you mean "burnt badly"? Are you disfigured from war?

Quote:
Looking down at my skin...yep I get burnt badly...thankgod im part Cherokee indian so i do tan.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
You just listed legitimate discrimination complaints. Why are you being so unhelpful today?

I'd be angry about everything you just listed.
Thing is, its more than likely something else that causes those problems other than her being black.

People stare because Im black.
No, people are staring because your fly is open or maybe they think you look like Halle Berry.

They take longer with my order because Im black.
No, your order is taking longer because you order lasagna which has to be baked; or you ordered soufle that has to be cooked perfectly.

People give me a hard time when Im in Brooklyn.
No, you walk around trying to be "Hard" or with an attitude and bad energy about yourself and maddog people when they look at you.

Point Im trying to make is that she seems to be the type that blames EVERYTHING on her being black. Thats all.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:43 PM

And I don't want to sterotype , but yes Many of the Korean that I did know are very Religious and yes they would oppose gays.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:44 PM

Borrrrrrrrrring. Us minorities know the difference between giving us a hard time and any other variety of reasons or mistakes or accidents. If you speak up do the people give you "the run around", are they rude, do they avoid eye contact, do they get sarcastic if you question them, how are they treating the other customers, etc. After they insult you with a backhanded comment do they say "just kidding" or "I'm only joking". That isn't right. That is BS.

Us minorities know what we are doing. You are not helpful at all. Thanks.

You are not a minority so you will be defensive and protective of unfair treatment like you are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Thing is, its more than likely something else that causes those problems other than her being black.

People stare because Im black.
No, people are staring because your fly is open or maybe they think you look like Halle Berry.

They take longer with my order because Im black.
No, your order is taking longer because you order lasagna which has to be baked; or you ordered soufle that has to be cooked perfectly.

People give me a hard time when Im in Brooklyn.
No, you walk around trying to be "Hard" or with an attitude and bad energy about yourself and maddog people when they look at you.

Point Im trying to make is that she seems to be the type that blames EVERYTHING on her being black. Thats all.

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
I was thinking you were part Latina. Pretty girl, btw.

Quote:
What do you mean "burnt badly"? Are you disfigured from war?
No smart arse..I'm half Irish I get sunburn. lol Very white.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM

52,251 posts, read 52,668,250 times
The whole white woman being a prize thing is a little overrated if you ask me.

And I'm a white dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships