Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2014, 02:28 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
My only fear of dating a single mom is what is i like her kid more then i like her ? I all ready know will end up staying too long and it not far to either one of us. I just feel like if I walk out i will be walking out on the child like his or her real dad did.

I know i am not dating her kid and all but it is a package deal kind of thing so it is complicated.
I have to say that this has not been my experiences. I have troubles bonding with other people's kids who are not biologically mine. That doesn't mean I didn't love them, but I don't love them the way I love my own nephews, not even close.

That is just me though. Just because I don't have a successful single father dating story, doesn't mean other people won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 02:45 PM

176 posts, read 978,475 times
Every time I get into situations dating a man with kids I never had any luck. A few of the guys I dated they were still having sex with their children's mother. Then I said if I ever date a man with kids again the mother has to live far away, has sole custody or be dead (I know a terrible thing to think). Well that wish finally came true because this past October I met a guy who has sole custody of his daughter because the mother was really sick. He barely had time for me because he had a lot on his plate and it was even worse than the other situations I was in before.

If the guy can still find time for me while taking care of his kids then I will give it a chance. But so far I had nothing but back luck. And that's just my experience. Im 28 btw.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:01 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,487,959 times
Being a single guy with a child...this thread is pretty sad for me to read

Old 04-18-2014, 01:29 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,405,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
There is a woman out there that will love your child, like I did with my husband's girls.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:34 PM

19,704 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Not too worried about a man having kids, as long as he has time and space for a relationship.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 PM

92 posts, read 101,695 times
I have dated guys with kids and I'm not interested in doing so ever again. I don't like the idea of having to worry about my partner scheduling our time together around their kids or having to worry about not seeing them when I want because they have to spend time with their kids, and I don't like the drama that comes with the baby's mom. If the kid is under two years old, the guy is most likely still having sex with the baby's mom. If older, there may still be a connection, regardless there's drama that comes with kids from my experience, which is why at 30 and single, I'm looking for a man with no kids unless they're adult kids.

Last edited by beautifulblueskies; 04-18-2014 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-18-2014, 11:42 PM

52,237 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
I wouldn't sweat it... there are tons and tons of single mothers out there.. I think a single mother would be a good match for the obvious reasons....

Old 04-19-2014, 02:17 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,691,018 times
Quote:
Then why not date single mums?

Old 04-19-2014, 05:40 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,742 times
There're too many issues to deal with guys with kids, his priority are normally reserved for his kids besides career and family. I prefer to date single guy with no kids as with myself.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,434,155 times
Dealbreaker. I'm 26 and have no children of my own. I have no interest in walking into a ready-made family where I will never be able to truly parent. Additionally, because having children for me will be a bit more difficult (i.e. oops pregnancies are not a possibility), I worry about getting involved with someone who already has children and might not want to go to the lengths we would need to go to in order to have our own child.

I have dated single fathers in the past. It was endless baby mama drama, financial strains, and situations I never anticipated facing before I had children myself. All of these issues were things that directly impacted me and my life (and, sometimes, my finances) but I had no control or say over.

I love kids and if I already had children of my own, my thoughts would probably be different on the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships