Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:51 PM

292 posts, read 635,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I wasn't saying that men who end up with foreign women are desperate. I am just trying to understand specifically what behaviors indicate that an American woman is a "masculine beast" or whatever the poster said and how specifiically this differs from foreign women. I still have yet to see examples of this claim.
In general, Americans (both men and women) have been brainwashed by the media to think of genders as competitive, when they should be compatible. Compatibility of genders was the reason couples and families have lived harmoniously for centuries and competitiveness is the reason there are so many failed relationships in our modern times.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I wonder what the women are like in Eastern Europe or Brazil.
Absolutely fascinating in every way!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 AM

746 posts, read 1,677,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Part of it comes down to the role of media and how it has created a fantasy world 99.99% of people don't live in.

By and large the rural town I live in the women are hefty and unattractive. Too many Oreos and Oprah. They smoke, drink, have tattoos, are pre diabetic at 25, don't exercise, don't get an education, etc. I can probably think of 2-3 women in town above a 5 on the 1-10 ratio here in town. The rest are dogs.

A lot of them are cute when they graduate high school at 18 but by the time they hit 20, it's like someone pulled the pin on one of those self inflated life rafts.

However if you talk to them they really do believe eligible men should be zooming around in a Ferrari with six pack abs, wads of cash and a flashy house. Even when they are in current relationships they still have a belief that is out there waiting for them.
I think it's a result of american media for sure. The men are no better. Most of men expect the girl to be a stone cold fox that is a freak in the sheets and will cook us dinner every day.

That's why whenever I travel I notice how different it is.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:07 PM

89 posts, read 140,933 times
Are Asian women more outgoing & social in their native countries? I can't stand most Asian women who live in the United States as they are standoffish & reserved which makes them very unapproachable.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweet View Post
Are Asian women more outgoing & social in their native countries? I can't stand most Asian women who live in the United States as they are standoffish & reserved which makes them very unapproachable.
I assume you mean Asian the way Americans think of them, which only includes Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Singaporeans, Indonesian, Malaysian, etc. If so then yes many Asians (in general) are social and outgoing in the larger cities but not so in smaller towns

In the true sense of the word, however, Asians include people from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, other parts of the Middle East (excluding Egypt, Liya, Tunisia, Morocco), Iran, India, Pakistan, parts of Russia, in addition to the above. That segment, because of vast differences in religions, cultures, etc) is too diverse to generalize.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:07 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,315,455 times
I would love to see pictures of all these men who speak of American women as dogs, overweight, inferior to European and South American women, etc. etc. I seriously doubt that you have women from any country all over you, unless they are using you to gain their citizenship. By the way, my father is from Brazil, but I am an American citizen. The Brazilian women I know have high standards and are not going to put up with a man who feels he is entitled to a certain type of woman just because he is a man.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
The Brazilian women I know have high standards and are not going to put up with a man who feels he is entitled to a certain type of woman just because he is a man.
They're feisty, aren't they?!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,315,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Haha..yes.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nothing sexier than a feisty Latina (yes I know Brazilians are not Latinas but...) :-)

Old 02-04-2011, 09:27 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gateway View Post
I think it's a result of american media for sure. The men are no better. Most of men expect the girl to be a stone cold fox that is a freak in the sheets and will cook us dinner every day.

That's why whenever I travel I notice how different it is.
I'm sure it could be both ways, but I'm not into dudes, so I couldn't comment how it is on the other side. But I would probably agree a lot of people have a pretty warped sense of reality out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships