Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 01:48 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,364,522 times

Advertisements

Hate to say it, but there are a TON of stories like the OP's all over the Internet observing much the same phenomena. Whether it's women in Asia, South America, Eastern Europe, hell even Western Europe lol. Women from the US and to lesser-extent other "Anglo-Saxon" nations such as the UK, Canada, Australia, etc., are seen as the WORST in the world in how they treat men...

Old 11-21-2009, 05:17 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,696,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I have been living overseas for a while now. Aside from a brief return to the US earlier this year, i've been overseas for a few years.

I am living in Asia. There are not many westerners or Americans at all around here. Percentage-wise, this area must be about 0.01% westerners. I almost never speak face to face with other westerners. I occasionally see one on the street, but that's about it.

I do not have any western friends. All of my friends out here speak English as their second language. They are all Asians and a couple Russians I know.

I also usually date the local Asian women around here too. I find them to be much more appealing than American women. They are much more feminine, more warm and caring, more comfortable to be around, and in general they are just more enjoyable to spend time with. They are much more reliable and dependable as friends, much more of a stable and solid friendship can be had with them. They will usually be your true friend without being a totally selfish flake.

I decided to try dating an American woman again though, so I set up a date over the internet. She was some woman who just moved out here from the midwest.

I met her and went on the date, and it reminded me all over again of why I do not really like American women.

She was judging me the whole time. Asking me questions about my life and my goals. Not because she was really interested in me, but moreso because she was trying to size me up and find out what my status is to her.

Even though I am making good money and I am happy with life and I enjoy life. She kept acting like I should be doing more with myself, and this was our first date! It felt halfway like a date and halfway like a job interview. A normal vibe when hanging out with American women.....

Her entire demeanor was so serious. I was trying to smile and be warm and just be real with her. But she had her guard up the whole time and wouldn't just trust me and loosen up. It was like a cold, invisible wall was between us. Another typical trait of American women....

Last but not least. She was a BIG woman. Another typical trait of American women....

When the date ended, I felt like I had just gotten done doing business at the bank, or like I just had a job interview, or maybe like I just had a meeting at work.... it felt like a professional meeting. It did not feel like a warm and real connection with another human being. Which is what a date should be.

The thing that struck me the most was that this woman did not have very much going for her at all. Yet she was judging ME so hard. Why do American women do this so often? They expect the man they are with to be absolutely perfect, even if they are a mess.

I think I will go back to being the only North American in my world. And i'm just fine with that. I'll hang out with some Americans as friends if the opportunity comes up. Hanging out with other American guys is cool. But dating American women is usually a losing bet.

The local Asian women here are SOOOOOO much more warm, personable, understanding and HUMAN. They make me feel the love, instead of the uptight icyness. They are not the masculine machine-like beasts that American women these days have become.

It's not just Asian women though. It was the same story in the other continents i've visited. The women are just more warm, more fun, and more cool.

Thank you very much.
Welcome to the world of American women. I can totally understand what you mean. This is because since I am especially out in public more often now than before, I know how some of these people act.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:29 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,534 times
This thread again I don't even feel like I can participate in this conversation. Ive travelled around quite a bit and I can honestly say that I have never see American or Canadian women act like masculine machine like beasts. I really feel that despite some cultural differences, people are people. Women are women. Men are men. I don't know what you are talking about with these vast generalizations. What are some examples of women acting like masculine maching like beasts? What are some examples of foriegn women not acting like machine like beasts? I don't even know what a "machine like beast" would act like. Do you mean that American women are more career oriented? Play sports (that's traditionaly masculine? I just don't understand at all.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:32 PM

I think maybe some of this women are kissing your ass since you are an American and therefore far richer than them and you might hold the key to a better life, whereas American women aren't this way. Perhaps you are enjoying their air of desperation?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:21 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I think maybe some of this women are kissing your ass since you are an American and therefore far richer than them and you might hold the key to a better life, whereas American women aren't this way. Perhaps you are enjoying their air of desperation?
Contrary to popular belief not every person out there in a 2nd or 1st world country wants to immigrate to the USA nor are they desperate as you said. Often they have very tight extended families they have no interest in leaving and are quite happy with the lifestyle they have. But I guess it's easy to make your assumptions if you've never traveled extensively overseas or dated overseas and you're sitting at home behind your computer.

In my extensive experience I have only known one gal that harbored desperate ambitions of moving to the USA and marrying an American. I could see it coming and I do believe she had some mental illness and unfortunately hooked up with this one guy that was a nice guy but not too smart.

It only took a few months for her to clean out his bank accounts and then hit him over the head with a frying pan. To make a long story short she got permanently deported back to Argentina and a divorce was issued.

It was very obvious what her intent was and one guy fell for it despite knowing it was just an "arrangement". Everyone else could see it for what it was and what she was.

I happen to know A LOT of american men and women that married from outside the USA and if anything it makes their relationship stronger as they have to make some sacrifices.

I've dated American women and I've dated women from down under, south america and europe. There are differences there and personally I prefer women from overseas. That is my preference but I wouldn't rule out American women at all.

To say a man is desperate because he ends up in a relationship with a foreign national, is someone that is out of touch with the modern world. Personally, I work, travel and participate in sport internationally so clearly I have international friends and quite often international relationships.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Contrary to popular belief not every person out there in a 2nd or 1st world country wants to immigrate to the USA nor are they desperate as you said. Often they have very tight extended families they have no interest in leaving and are quite happy with the lifestyle they have. But I guess it's easy to make your assumptions if you've never traveled extensively overseas or dated overseas and you're sitting at home behind your computer.

In my extensive experience I have only known one gal that harbored desperate ambitions of moving to the USA and marrying an American. I could see it coming and I do believe she had some mental illness and unfortunately hooked up with this one guy that was a nice guy but not too smart.

It only took a few months for her to clean out his bank accounts and then hit him over the head with a frying pan. To make a long story short she got permanently deported back to Argentina and a divorce was issued.

It was very obvious what her intent was and one guy fell for it despite knowing it was just an "arrangement". Everyone else could see it for what it was and what she was.

I happen to know A LOT of american men and women that married from outside the USA and if anything it makes their relationship stronger as they have to make some sacrifices.

I've dated American women and I've dated women from down under, south america and europe. There are differences there and personally I prefer women from overseas. That is my preference but I wouldn't rule out American women at all.

To say a man is desperate because he ends up in a relationship with a foreign national, is someone that is out of touch with the modern world. Personally, I work, travel and participate in sport internationally so clearly I have international friends and quite often international relationships.
I wasn't saying that men who end up with foreign women are desperate. I am just trying to understand specifically what behaviors indicate that an American woman is a "masculine beast" or whatever the poster said and how specifiically this differs from foreign women. I still have yet to see examples of this claim.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I wasn't saying that men who end up with foreign women are desperate. I am just trying to understand specifically what behaviors indicate that an American woman is a "masculine beast" or whatever the poster said and how specifiically this differs from foreign women. I still have yet to see examples of this claim.
Hi MsRiss7383,

I think several things. Women have been brain washed into thinking cooking = servitude. That leaves processed food. Having a poor diet then leads to fat Americans, another huge turn off. I don't mind cooking at all and consider it essential to good health.

Masculine beast is also a gross exaggeration. What I do see is androgyny. I simply am not attracted to androgynous women. I am attracted to femininity. Its far less common in the US.

There are exceptions, but why fish in troubled waters?

Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi MsRiss7383,

I think several things. Women have been brain washed into thinking cooking = servitude. That leaves processed food. Having a poor diet then leads to fat Americans, another huge turn off. I don't mind cooking at all and consider it essential to good health.

Masculine beast is also a gross exaggeration. What I do see is androgyny. I simply am not attracted to androgynous women. I am attracted to femininity. Its far less common in the US.

There are exceptions, but why fish in troubled waters?
With the new feminism, femininity has taken a hit. I see a lot of boorish, overbearing, bossy, frumpy, frazzled, dressed down women out there or women that look like men with bulging muscles and gaunt death camp faces or the steroid look. Also there are a lot of women out there that around town, sweatpants and fizzy hair seems to be the order of the day.

As a man when I go out to the post office or supermarket, I have clean clothes on, a nice jacket or shirt, nice jeans, clean shoes and my hair is combed. It's rare now to see a woman dressed nicely herself, almost a shock really to see an attractive feminine woman out and about.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:52 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times
Now I remember why I prefer foreign men.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:11 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,878,133 times
Default No, only (shortly) to Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Pigeon...ever been to Central America?
And I had a good feeling from teh Mexican women, but unfortunately no time to actually relate. I've heard only good things from CA women, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships