Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
American guys have issues...see, mindless stereotypes...
The irony...you claim American men have issues which are mindless stereotypes, yet you just stereotyped all American men.

Here's a thought, how about people just get to know one another as individuals and leave the cultural/ethnic stereotypes at the door. I mean in some cases it would behoove you to know certain cultural boundaries but aside from that date and marry who you want on an individual basis, not some requirement that they be from some far away continent, obscure tribe, or Planet Zoltar.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not surprised. Russian women seem more down to earth and warm compared to American women.
I miss Redisca. She would disabuse you of this notion.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I miss Redisca. She would disabuse you of this notion.
Hi JustJulia,

Redisca would only once again be abused by me on this topic. She is nominally Russian. I on the other hand do know Russians. Russian women seem far more practical. They were not brain washed with the idea they could have it all and certainly could not afford have the kind of nonsensical attitudes we have here. The Soviets were not only in the war zone, they did not get a Marshall plan. With 30 million dead, most of them men, it was Soviet women that held that society together.

Of course, as I have taken note, you appear to be of the more pragmatic variety as well.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:22 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,503,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
With the new feminism, femininity has taken a hit. I see a lot of boorish, overbearing, bossy, frumpy, frazzled, dressed down women out there or women that look like men with bulging muscles and gaunt death camp faces or the steroid look. Also there are a lot of women out there that around town, sweatpants and fizzy hair seems to be the order of the day.

As a man when I go out to the post office or supermarket, I have clean clothes on, a nice jacket or shirt, nice jeans, clean shoes and my hair is combed. It's rare now to see a woman dressed nicely herself, almost a shock really to see an attractive feminine woman out and about.
This is Troof, whether or not any other woman who claims not to fall under this category wants to believe it or not. They aren't the ones dating these women and eventually dropping them, nor is this thread from a female OP, so that's for another time.

Women have forgotten how to be women to a certain degree.

Somewhere, somehow, it became acceptable to run with that "We can do everything that men do!" mantra of the feminist movement and start slapping Tramp Stamps on each others backsides, overdoing the piercings, lobbing one of those tribal tats in for good measure and thinking that everything will be just fine.

I can listen to Dr Laura's show on any given evening and there's relationship after relationship that if failing because the guy has been beaten into being "sensitive" and the woman has no earthly idea of how to be a mother.

Men have had emotion beaten out of them and women had the girliness stolen from them.

Just as I am typing this, Fred Flintstone is working as a bellboy in his pre-married days and is trying to carry his future mom-in-laws bags up to her room, but she fights him and proclaims, "Just wait...I will forget that I am a lady and belt you one!"

LOL.

Anyway, so people ask me how I am 30 and unmarried and then I realize that they believe it is okay to have two zombies in a relationship raising the next generation. How nice.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:20 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,370,793 times
most american women aren't down to earth.

like everyone said, most american women are shallow

Old 11-26-2009, 07:27 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Trimac20,

Actually in Russia they don't have that stupid tradition to fatten up De Beers. So in general they will not chase you for a ring. So much for everyone being the same.
There are several reasons for that... first, the Russian economy is not as robust as ours, not by a long shot. And because of that, there are no Tiffany stores anywhere in Russia, no De Beers commercials. Just a few decades ago, there were frequent lines at the shops in Russia for basics like toilet paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not surprised. Russian women seem more down to earth and warm compared to American women.
Maybe the average looking Russian women in Russia is that way. But any young Russian woman with gorgeous model looks is seeking to find a rich husband. But that's what the most beautiful women of any country want... to have a Prince Charming save them from their mundane lives. Who wouldn't want to be a queen and have riches showered on her for the rest of her life?

Geisha School Moscow - Russian Wives - Marie Claire

Quote:
Despite the weather, it's positively steamy inside the Moscow basement where Varra holds various courses for women, including "How to Marry in Three Months" and "Oral Sex for Experts." Her seduction school is one of many new businesses designed to help women get ahead in Russia's post-communist marriage market. The economy has boomed, creating a superrich ruling oligarchy and a huge class of cash-loaded entrepreneurs. And, in what is no doubt partly a backlash against the Soviet era — when women toiled in state industries alongside men — many young women today would prefer to marry a millionaire than work to become one themselves.
If I can Google it up, I'll post up a link to the New York Times article about Russian models in NYC setting their sights on married rich American men and trying to break up their marriages so that they can be wifey number two. There was even a Law and Order episode based on this phenomenon.

But go ahead... go marry a nice Russian woman. lol

Old 11-26-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
There are several reasons for that... first, the Russian economy is not as robust as ours, not by a long shot. And because of that, there are no Tiffany stores anywhere in Russia, no De Beers commercials. Just a few decades ago, there were frequent lines at the shops in Russia for basics like toilet paper.
Hi miu,

Well the food is better and the people are much better dressed. They also have a lot more time off. The only problem is with the weather. Its not perfect but neither are we.

Quote:
Maybe the average looking Russian women in Russia is that way. But any young Russian woman with gorgeous model looks is seeking to find a rich husband. But that's what the most beautiful women of any country want... to have a Prince Charming save them from their mundane lives. Who wouldn't want to be a queen and have riches showered on her for the rest of her life?

Geisha School Moscow - Russian Wives - Marie Claire

If I can Google it up, I'll post up a link to the New York Times article about Russian models in NYC setting their sights on married rich American men and trying to break up their marriages so that they can be wifey number two. There was even a Law and Order episode based on this phenomenon.

But go ahead... go marry a nice Russian woman. lol

Hi miu,

I already did. She was also the top pianist in her class at the musical school. I am happily married for about 6 years. She is one of the nicest most down to earth woman I have even known.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi miu,

I already did. She was also the top pianist in her class at the musical school. I am happily married for about 6 years. She is one of the nicest most down to earth woman I have even known.
Very nice, but while your wife is indeed attractive, she is not a super model type that could have had her pick of rich men in NYC like those Russian women mentioned in that article. I'm just saying that incredibly beautiful women don't stay down to earth and sweet in any culture, and the exceptions are rare and far between. Mostly in part due to all the attentions they get from the hordes of men competing for them.

And somewhere, about a month ago, there was a thread made by a guy that was having issues with his best friend marrying a Russian immigrant wife. She seemed to be trying to take over his friend's life and basically demanding to be the boss in their home.

I'd be leery of marrying anyone from overseas, for fear that my in-laws would end up coming over the the US and living in my house. And that goes for Asian, South American and European immigrant spouses too. And depending on their home culture, I'd be concerned that an immigrant of mail order bride would expect to become a stay at home wife or mother, and not get a job if needed.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Very nice, but while your wife is indeed attractive, she is not a super model type that could have had her pick of rich men in NYC like those Russian women mentioned in that article. I'm just saying that incredibly beautiful women don't stay down to earth and sweet in any culture, and the exceptions are rare and far between. Mostly in part due to all the attentions they get from the hordes of men competing for them.
Hi miu,

Russian supermodels are not exactly relevant. She is also talented and I enjoy listening Chopin or when I had her learn Rootbeer Rag. Also you are mistaken. Hoards of women complete for wealthy good looking men. A top women does not complete with a top man. That is why top Hollywood actors draw more than any Hollywood actress. Its right in front of you since its the Russian women scrambling for these men. Men are both the highest and lowest of any society.

Quote:
And somewhere, about a month ago, there was a thread made by a guy that was having issues with his best friend marrying a Russian immigrant wife. She seemed to be trying to take over his friend's life and basically demanding to be the boss in their home.
The rules don't change across cultures. If you are a weak man who tried to sell career success and money then its inevitable. I relied on me. 60 old men who use their checkbook on 25 year old women have it coming and I have recently observed it. If a man can't tell when a woman falls in love with them, then they are in a good deal of trouble.

Quote:
I'd be leery of marrying anyone from overseas, for fear that my in-laws would end up coming over the the US and living in my house. And that goes for Asian, South American and European immigrant spouses too. And depending on their home culture, I'd be concerned that an immigrant of mail order bride would expect to become a stay at home wife or mother, and not get a job if needed.
Who gets a bride in the mail? What you do is give her a call like anyone else. Instead of meeting at a coffee house, you meet in a place like Budapest or somewhere in Switzerland etc. I don't worry about anyone doing anything I don't want in my house. I am just not one of those people who puts up with crap. I was on a plane sitting next to a pretty together black guy meeting up with his Norwegian girl friend oozing with good looks and confidence. He had it figured out.

I met enough women to know who was trouble and who was not. It was hard to pass up sometimes. I almost never dated but kept female acquaintances. That is the advantage of not trying to bed every one of them.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:32 AM

272 posts, read 216,034 times
My Filipina wife is a Brilliant accountant. Makes way more than I do cooks takes the lead in raising our 2 beautiful children. I am also hard working and make my fair share of contributions to our family. As I was mired in this hellhole of a dating situation throughout my 30s the internet opened up the rest of the world.

Women are not the same, ethnicity and culture develop different women.

Shes a lovely Asian with great curves, busty even.

what a woman!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships