Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,340,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
No. We each have our own email accounts and passwords and I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping it private. I believe we are both entitled to the privacy.
But would you be embarrassed about certain emails in your in/out box?

None of my significant others have had my email password nor does the current one. I'm not shy about opening up my email in front of him or leaving it open and leaving for the day... I have nothing to hide. I do save everything so I probably would be embarrassed by some of the older (single life or other lovers) emails. If it's not business I usually send a text and I leave my phones out as well... theres no password protection and I wouldn't care if my s/o looked at my text messages either.

I'm open with nothing hidden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 05:16 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
That is outrageous. I'm shaking my head in sheer disbelief. Where is your individuality and personal space? Where is your privacy? And most importantly, where is your common sense? If someone confides in you and tells you something very personal about them [tragedy, death or other personal stuff] you are obligated to keep that between you and said person.

Unbelievable.
I'm with you. Friends' secrets and conversations should be held in confidence. Just because one is married doesn't mean that the spouse has to be in the know on every aspect and detail of her/his partner's friendships and friends' lives.

Frankly, I could never be friends with someone who would blab everything I told her to her husband. And I have to wonder about a man who would want to know all of other women's personal business! If my mother even TRIED to tell my father about that sort of stuff, he'd have stopped her cold and told her he really didn't care.

Could you imagine being at a party with this couple in attendance and having the man ask you what you're going to do about your ovarian cyst?! Or if your boyfriend's erectile dysfunction had improved? If he gets his jollies from this sort of thing, he probably shares it all with his friends, too.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:04 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,148,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
Do you know the passwords of the email addresses your spouse uses for personal correspondence with friends or relatives (or lovers?)?

They say that many people who are having an affair start it all through flirty emails.

Would you be embarrassed if your spouse read every email you wrote or recieved in the last 12 months? What would they think of your emails?

I could never break into any of my boyfriend's email accounts but he sure can hack into mine without any problems. He even went into one of mine, changed the password then I couldn't get in to even verify my own information or even change my own account.

I had one email address where he read a couple of emails and saw a couple of pics he wasn't suppose to. Then texted messaged me the pictures so I could know he broke into my email. It was very very embarrassing. He then changed the email password to a very embarrasing one and since this day I left the account under the same password... I can't say it on here because it'll most likely be deleted

Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
I could never break into any of my boyfriend's email accounts but he sure can hack into mine without any problems. He even went into one of mine, changed the password then I couldn't get in to even verify my own information or even change my own account.

I had one email address where he read a couple of emails and saw a couple of pics he wasn't suppose to. Then texted messaged me the pictures so I could know he broke into my email. It was very very embarrassing. He then changed the email password to a very embarrasing one and since this day I left the account under the same password... I can't say it on here because it'll most likely be deleted
And this guy is still your boyfriend?? Sorry, he sounds like a jerk to me.

Last edited by lovesMountains; 01-04-2010 at 06:35 PM..

Old 01-04-2010, 11:23 PM

862 posts, read 1,644,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'm with you. Friends' secrets and conversations should be held in confidence. Just because one is married doesn't mean that the spouse has to be in the know on every aspect and detail of her/his partner's friendships and friends' lives.

Frankly, I could never be friends with someone who would blab everything I told her to her husband. And I have to wonder about a man who would want to know all of other women's personal business! If my mother even TRIED to tell my father about that sort of stuff, he'd have stopped her cold and told her he really didn't care.

Could you imagine being at a party with this couple in attendance and having the man ask you what you're going to do about your ovarian cyst?! Or if your boyfriend's erectile dysfunction had improved? If he gets his jollies from this sort of thing, he probably shares it all with his friends, too.
I don't tell my hubby everything, but my friends know that if he askes me a direct question I won't lie to him. They also know that I don't keep secrets from him, but I do know what should or shouldn't be told to him. Only once has he asked me a question that I felt I shouldn't answer, and all I said was that I didn't think that soandso wanted me to share that information, and he said ok and that was it.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,198,546 times
Yea I don't care.

hillman

Old 03-07-2010, 05:41 PM

530 posts, read 1,131,756 times
Yes my boyfriend of five years knows all of my passcodes and I really don't care. He doesn't even read any of them. He also has password to my facebook account also. And i don't care. I have nothing to hide.

No I do not find others on the internet. I love my boyfriend and faithful.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,689,580 times
I've said this before. I have no worries, nothing to hide.

Now, as far as my banking info, she gets that so that she can handle my business affairs instead of me having to do it--she gets true control of my income. I'm lucky to get a $20 allowance.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:44 PM

862 posts, read 1,644,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I've said this before. I have no worries, nothing to hide.

Now, as far as my banking info, she gets that so that she can handle my business affairs instead of me having to do it--she gets true control of my income. I'm lucky to get a $20 allowance.
Hahaha that's me & my hubby. I always say, he makes the money & I spend it. He "asks" me before he uses the debit card, but it's not for permission, just to make sure there is enough money in the account. He likes it that way. He hates dealing with money.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,251,349 times
I think I know her passwords, at least to one of her two email accounts. I don't check them.

She doesn't need a password for my email. Mine isn't web-based, so it's filtered and sent to my computer. I can also check the filtered out emails without entering a password -- as long as I use my computer. And it's always on and available to her if I'm not using it.

I can't think of anything I've written or received that I'd be embarrassed about her reading. Maybe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships